Regarding language barrier

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
  3. Regarding language barrier

User Info: Axel-D

Axel-D
4 years ago#1
Hey guys,

I'm sure this is a pretty stupid question, but I've been thinking about picking this up without any knowledge of Japanese. I've been playing the SRW series for years without it, and I was wondering if the G Generation games were any more difficult to follow gameplay wise without knowing what I'm reading.

Also, understanding the story isn't a big thing for me, I just like the gameplay.

User Info: AtavistX

AtavistX
4 years ago#2
If you have played SRW you should be able to pick up the gameplay quick enough, you're learning curve will most likely come from:
Unit capture
Development
Mission breaks
and a few stats, mostly charm.
Pilot skills.
Aside from that you'll be ok.

refer to here: http://www.ggenoverworld.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
if you need help figuring out which is which. It hasn't been updated in a while though. Alternatively you can simply ask around here.

As for story, well G Gen doesn't really have the SRW quality (and animations for that matter, but that's personal opinion and shouldn't really matter.) its really just a justification for why they are all there though, so you should be ok.
"You see, to men, breast size is a lot like Coke or Pepsi. We may state a preference...but we'll take whatever's on tap." - JJ Whitehead

User Info: SymphonicRain

SymphonicRain
3 years ago#3
I picked up G Gen Wars with great ease. There are a lot of menu translations out there, and once you know which menu is which you're pretty much set.
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
  1. Boards
  2. SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
  3. Regarding language barrier

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived