Regarding language barrier

#1Axel-DPosted 12/3/2012 10:19:39 PM
Hey guys,

I'm sure this is a pretty stupid question, but I've been thinking about picking this up without any knowledge of Japanese. I've been playing the SRW series for years without it, and I was wondering if the G Generation games were any more difficult to follow gameplay wise without knowing what I'm reading.

Also, understanding the story isn't a big thing for me, I just like the gameplay.
#2AtavistXPosted 12/4/2012 12:59:03 AM
If you have played SRW you should be able to pick up the gameplay quick enough, you're learning curve will most likely come from:
Unit capture
Development
Mission breaks
and a few stats, mostly charm.
Pilot skills.
Aside from that you'll be ok.

refer to here: http://www.ggenoverworld.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
if you need help figuring out which is which. It hasn't been updated in a while though. Alternatively you can simply ask around here.

As for story, well G Gen doesn't really have the SRW quality (and animations for that matter, but that's personal opinion and shouldn't really matter.) its really just a justification for why they are all there though, so you should be ok.
---
"You see, to men, breast size is a lot like Coke or Pepsi. We may state a preference...but we'll take whatever's on tap." - JJ Whitehead
#3SymphonicRainPosted 12/4/2012 9:21:09 PM
I picked up G Gen Wars with great ease. There are a lot of menu translations out there, and once you know which menu is which you're pretty much set.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny