Have some questions that need answering

#1ShAd0wF1amEPosted 4/11/2013 9:49:57 PM(edited)
1) Can you sell Warframes? I was thinking of getting the Excalibur Prime but I already have the regular Excalibur... I wouldn't care about starting over, but since I only have 3 Warframe slots, I really don't want to waste one of those slots. (I know that if I got the Founder package I could totally buy more slots, but I'd still like to know if you can sell Warframes)

2) I'll be hitting Mastery 2 soon and think it's time for another Warframe. I've narrowed my choices to Frost, Rhino, or Ash, but I'm not here to ask which is best; I just want to know which one would be the easiest to build? It's a pretty vague question, but if I could get Rhino in 2 hours of farming as opposed to 5 hours for the others, I'd go for him first. Also keep in mind I prefer solo play, but I'll party up if I have to.

3) What's a good place to earn credits/exp? Any suggestions would be nice.

4) Which is a better melee weapon, Scindo or Fragor? The wiki says the base stats are the same, the only difference seems to be Scindo's double damage against infested vs. Fragor's armor ignore. I'd think the armor pierce is better, but in videos I've seen, everyone seems to use the Scindo.
---
XBL GT: ShAd0wF1AmE (that's a zero in ShAd0w, not an O)
#2MegawizardPosted 4/11/2013 9:19:31 PM
ShAd0wF1amE posted...
1) Can you sell Warframes? I was thinking of getting the Excalibur Prime but I already have the regular Excalibur... I wouldn't care about starting over, but since I only have 3 Warframe slots, I really don't want to waste one of those slots. (I know that if I got the Founder package I could totally buy more slots, but I'd still like to know if you can sell Warframes)

2) I'll be hitting Mastery 2 soon and think it's time for another Warframe. I've narrowed my choices to Frost, Rhino, or Ash, but I'm not here to ask which is best; I just want to know which one would be the easiest to build? It's a pretty vague question, but if I could get Rhino in 2 hours of farming as opposed to 5 hours for the others, I'd go for him first. Also keep in mind I prefer solo play, but I'll party up if I have to.

3) What's a good place to earn credits/exp? Any suggestions would be nice.

4) Which is a better melee weapon, Scindo or Fragor? The wiki says the base stats are the same, the only difference seems to be Scindo's double damage vs. Fragor's armor pierce. I'd think the armor pierce is better, but in videos I've seen, everyone seems to use the Scindo.

1- Nope, buying a Frame means you have it forever, but getting a Founder's Package automatically comes with a slot for the Prime anyway though.

2- Rhino for 2 reasons: The bosses to fight for the prints on the other two are a pain to do alone, and since you already have an Excalibur, he rips The Jackal (boss of Venus for the Rhino prints) apart really easy. You're still going to have to kill in some other systems for all the parts, but you should be able to do all of them alone save for Neptune's boss (assuming you don't get super-lucky with the rare component drops off regular enemies/loot containers). That thing's shield regen is massive and you'll probably run out of ammo if you're alone until you have higher Mastery and can field some newer weapons with some heavy mods.

3- XP is generally Infested missions IMO due to the sheer number, and if you get overwhelmed you can just hop on top of a crate. Credits; the only way I know of that's steadily reliable is just farming the Mercury boss over and over. He always drops the Cronus blueprint, which sells for 2500. If you're asking that because of getting money for the new frame, don't farm credits unless it's the very last thing you need. If you have horrible luck with component/bp drops you'll be running multiple missions anyway.

4- I can't comment too much on this one since I don't use heavy weapons. If I had to hazard a guess though, it's because all the Fragor has is the AP. The Scindo can be modded to have it, and it does double to Infested. I'd probably use the Scindo as well since I almost do exclusively melee in Infested missions, and with a weapon that powerful, even without full AP, you're still going to be charge hit 1-shotting Grineer/Corpus.
---
^( ' ' )^
#3ShAd0wF1amE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 10:16:19 PM(edited)
Very informative post, thanks a ton! :D Anyone else is still welcome to give input, don't be shy...

EDIT: I actually have one more question. My Excalibur has a nearly max level Slash Dash. Would I be able to use it on the Prime or would I have to start upgrading Slash Dash from scratch?
---
#4mmSNAKEPosted 4/12/2013 12:07:57 AM
1) Yes you can! Same way you sell blueprints and weapons. Highlight it in the inventory and hit sell. My Excalibur is selling for 25k (it is maxed and has a potato on it though).

2) Funny, I have all those frames. Anyway in terms of difficulty: Rhino<Ash<Frost. I had Rhino when I did Ash and Frost, and I could solo that due to iron skin and few other things. Funny as hell people commenting when I'm beating the crap out of Krill alone. Regarding drops, err I've heard nasty stories for Frost. I got my stuff in a day or two of on and off tries. You can get unlucky though, keep that in mind.

3) XP farming go to Xini on Eris. Depending who is on your team depends how far you can go. If you have Nyx you can easily get to 20+. Without Nyx is much harder. Hopefully you have a Frost, Rhino, Ember or Mag. Loki is useful too with decoy. Credits farming is pretty much what poster above me said. (Nyx will get fixed soon, so this exploit won't last long)

4) Scindo is the better choice. Actually your question should have been Scindo or Gram. That depends on your preference, since when you get down to it their charge attack is identical with Scindo having slightly more range. Reason behind this is, you will one shot most Grineer with your charge attack anyway (using Scindo) when you mod your weapon properly and put a potato on it. Next Grineer don't bunch up as often letting you sweep at them. Third, infested is MUCH bigger threat for large swarms, and needs a weapon that can cleave if you plan on playing Frost or Rhino. Both Gram and Scindo do double damage to Infested because they are slashing type weapons.

5) I'm pretty sure you can use the slash dash on prime. I see no reason why not.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#5ShAd0wF1amE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 6:27:35 AM
Once again, great info! I remember checking the inventory to see if I could sell my Warframe, but I guess it won't let me sell it until I have another one. (unless running around naked is some secret I'm not aware of) And now I can see why the Scindo would be better. I was planning on using Gram with Frost but wasn't sure on what to use with Rhino, but now I've seen the light lol. Many thanks to both of you for clearing stuff up.

Just one final question: Any reccomended loadouts for the Warframes mentioned (Excalibur, Rhino, Frost, Ash)? This is really more personal preference than anything, but since I'm already asking so much anyways...
---
#6MegawizardPosted 4/12/2013 8:10:30 AM
mmSNAKE posted...
1) Yes you can! Same way you sell blueprints and weapons. Highlight it in the inventory and hit sell. My Excalibur is selling for 25k (it is maxed and has a potato on it though).

Huh; I wonder if I had my Prime selected when I checked. I must've cause the button was grayed out. Ok, fail on my part. XD

ShAd0wF1amE posted...
EDIT: I actually have one more question. My Excalibur has a nearly max level Slash Dash. Would I be able to use it on the Prime or would I have to start upgrading Slash Dash from scratch?

It should be there. They're supposed to pop up for any compatible Frames.

ShAd0wF1amE posted...
Just one final question: Any reccomended loadouts for the Warframes mentioned (Excalibur, Rhino, Frost, Ash)? This is really more personal preference than anything, but since I'm already asking so much anyways...

Admittedly, I kinda build all of mine the same for the most part: 4 skills, Vitality, Redirection, Focus, and Fast Deflection. The other ones are really the only ones that I toggle, and that depends on the mission.
---
^( ' ' )^
#7mmSNAKEPosted 4/12/2013 11:27:50 AM
For Rhino:

Redirection, Vitality, Fast Deflection, Flow, Continuity. Rush.

If you don't have Continuity you can switch it out with something else like Reach or whatever you feel necessary. Flow is quite important for Rhino and I suggest farming to get it. Rush is there if you are annoyed that everyone leaves you behind. I am so I use it. However if you really need spare points put that aside. Out of your 4 main skill you can throw out Radial Blast for later levels since the damage is pretty minimal and the knockback factor is easily replaced by his ultimate and Continuity. Having Flow won't make you deplete large majority of your energy pool once you hit Rhino Stomp.

Also note Radial blast is still useful if you put Focus on there, but it's only good for Blowing up grinders and very small health enemies. However if you need to make a choice say between having radial blast and continuity or flow. Let it sit out.

For frost is the same thing except you need continuity more.

For ash:

Focus, Rush, Continuity are recommended. Other three slots put as you see fit. Redirection and Vitality are not always needed.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!