Can someone explain this about the series?

#1Bancario51Posted 9/1/2012 10:41:24 PM
How does eating food in the virtual world possibly nourish their bodies? Wouldn't they die of starvation eventually or did their families plug them into a life support/feeding tube machine.
---
Ragnarok Odyssey-clone of MH that won't live up to its hype
Soul Sacrifice-clone of Dark Souls that won't live up to its hype
#2hakennanbuPosted 9/2/2012 4:56:26 AM
read the ln or wait until the anime explain it
---
Stand up and dance graciously oh soldier subjected to thy Fate
Equip yourself with a thousand arms and fly with excellence!
#3WindtraPosted 9/2/2012 3:39:39 PM
I just figured some advanced technology thing synchronized what they were feeling in-game with their real bodies in such a way that eating in the game actually sustained them in real life.
---
Not changing this sig until Rinoa Heartily gets a prominent role in another FF game or a KH game
Started: 7/29/2012
#4AdventToastPosted 9/3/2012 11:40:27 PM
They were all hospitalized and are being fed through tubes. It may just be a plot hole or I missed something but, "hunger" in the game and hunger in real life are two different things. Even if they're not hungry in real life they can feel "hungry" in the game due to the NERVgear. So to remove that "hunger" they eat in-game foods. They don't NEED to but, the feeling is bothersome.
---
PSN: NeroCavaliere
Making orphans, kicking children, and breaking boxes. That is the Way of the Samurai. - E_S_M_Z
#5SandpeelinPosted 9/5/2012 10:03:38 AM
I think it's gonna play out that the time spent via in game wasn't that long and no one actually died in the process leaving the game / dying in game (think how people have flashback / dreams that look and feel so real moments and to them it took whatever and in reality it was a few seconds). On the other hand they could pull something similar to .hack
#6ichihollowPosted 9/5/2012 11:10:08 PM
Sandpeelin posted...
I think it's gonna play out that the time spent via in game wasn't that long and no one actually died in the process leaving the game / dying in game (think how people have flashback / dreams that look and feel so real moments and to them it took whatever and in reality it was a few seconds). On the other hand they could pull something similar to .hack

you should probably read the books, since you know they're published and translated and available for free legally in English... just saying. But to answer you question no Dumbledore still dies at the end...

As for the topic's question this answer could be very long or very short, I'm going to try the short one first and if you want more details i'll give them to you though it may cost you a spoiler or two.

Short version: In a few complex video games it's required to feed your characters, example The Sims, they also have to sleep, see again The Sims. Continuing with the The Sims example, the more your character does the faster they run out of energy and need sleep, just like in The Sims.

If you're wanting more details I can provide but it might spoil some of the books, but i highly doubt the 26 episode series is going to get to the finite details like that. They have 17 more eps to cover the rest of Aincrad to complete and still have to cover all of Alfheim too before they finish the 26 episodes. Though I'm really hoping they'll get a second season, rather a third and fourth season but semantics really...
#7LiwakipPosted 9/13/2012 9:11:01 AM
Never mind the hunger question, we could spend the whole day vomiting all over the logistics of chapter 16.5 in regards to the real world.
---
Mmmmph mmmmph, mmmmm mmmmmp mmmmmph. Mmmmmph mpm!
Mmmmmph mph mm! Hm mmmmmph, hmmmmph mm mmmmmph mmmmmph!
#8lkhlkhPosted 9/13/2012 12:57:50 PM
is 16.5 fan-made?
---
Nemi 3437-4140-5298 *message me if adding*
#9LiwakipPosted 9/13/2012 3:25:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14
---
Mmmmph mmmmph, mmmmm mmmmmp mmmmmph. Mmmmmph mpm!
Mmmmmph mph mm! Hm mmmmmph, hmmmmph mm mmmmmph mmmmmph!
#10YuenkuPosted 9/14/2012 5:44:02 PM
This sent preprogrammed sensations of «eating» various foods and could make the user feel as if they were actually eating something in real life. It was originally designed for people who were on diets or needed to restrict the amount of food they ate, so it sent fake signals to the parts of the brain registering heat, taste, and smell to trick it. In other words, our real bodies weren't actually eating anything right now, and all that's happening was that the program was wildly stimulating our brains.

^Quote taken from the novels. I was just reading it this week, so I remembered xD
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~