#11MoliviousPosted 3/15/2013 4:40:34 PM
Illuminoius posted...
link to reviews and not silly people who can't read

i would agree.
---
Surprise! It's me again! \('o ' \ )
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#12XenoStrikerDXPosted 3/15/2013 4:50:42 PM
The game has some pretty good ideas, but the execution could be much better. Bosses and mini-bosses have so much HP that it's more of a chore to defeat them than an actual challenge since there doesn't seem to be much strategy beyond using buffs, parrying to perform Risk Breaks and recover SP and then spam your strongest skills. Jesus Christ, those Fat Slimes near the switches on floor 77 were seriously boring. But eh, I'm still pretty early in the game, so maybe it gets some diversity later. There's also constant slowdown and the camera is wonky at times, and I can't shake the feeling that the developers tried to bite off more than they could chew. And honestly, this game would have been a lot more true to the source material if it was an action game rather than something like the average anime-styled MMORPG.

The world is really well done, though. There's always people doing things and other "players" hunting monsters, and it does feel like I'm playing an MMORPG.

Incidentally, did anyone get to see what happens if a character's HP reaches 0 yet? There's a casualty counter on the Guild screen, so I'm curious, but it's probably just for non-important characters. I'm guessing important characters getting killed just means a game over. Well, I guess I could try it, but I'm slightly paranoid that this game has permanent death and deletes your file if Kirito dies, though it's pretty unlikely that there's that sort of mechanism in this game.

Then again, enemies seem to deal pretty low damage overall, so maybe it's to balance permanent death. Oh snap.

Either way, it's a pretty decent game, though a bit of a waste of potential. Now what floor does Strea join? I think I'd feel a lot safer if I had a pair of purple haired walking breasts near me...
#13Yarnball289Posted 3/15/2013 10:44:51 PM
XenoStrikerDX posted...
The game has some pretty good ideas, but the execution could be much better. Bosses and mini-bosses have so much HP that it's more of a chore to defeat them than an actual challenge since there doesn't seem to be much strategy beyond using buffs, parrying to perform Risk Breaks and recover SP and then spam your strongest skills. Jesus Christ, those Fat Slimes near the switches on floor 77 were seriously boring. But eh, I'm still pretty early in the game, so maybe it gets some diversity later. There's also constant slowdown and the camera is wonky at times, and I can't shake the feeling that the developers tried to bite off more than they could chew. And honestly, this game would have been a lot more true to the source material if it was an action game rather than something like the average anime-styled MMORPG.

The world is really well done, though. There's always people doing things and other "players" hunting monsters, and it does feel like I'm playing an MMORPG.

Incidentally, did anyone get to see what happens if a character's HP reaches 0 yet? There's a casualty counter on the Guild screen, so I'm curious, but it's probably just for non-important characters. I'm guessing important characters getting killed just means a game over. Well, I guess I could try it, but I'm slightly paranoid that this game has permanent death and deletes your file if Kirito dies, though it's pretty unlikely that there's that sort of mechanism in this game.

Then again, enemies seem to deal pretty low damage overall, so maybe it's to balance permanent death. Oh snap.

Either way, it's a pretty decent game, though a bit of a waste of potential. Now what floor does Strea join? I think I'd feel a lot safer if I had a pair of purple haired walking breasts near me...

Agreed and lol at "purple haired walking breasts"! xD
---
Xbl Tag: SaberXPendragon
Evolved into Yarnboulder420 on 10/26/12 :3
#14Zero_BlazerPosted 3/16/2013 12:50:42 AM(edited)
The game feels near exactly like a modern MMORPG, which could be good or bad. Levels don't mean as much as skills from what I can see since Kirito's already 97 when the game starts. The battles are okay so far for me; I've seen worse. Overall it's an okay game, but with some wonks that are apparent.

Biggest and most blatant issue though is lack of manual save, ugh. If you screw up on something well too bad.
---
For those without dreams, may you die in peace...
#15kirito_saoPosted 3/16/2013 5:18:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16darkzero16Posted 3/17/2013 7:28:22 PM
Biggest and most blatant issue though is lack of manual save, ugh. If you screw up on something well too bad.

Just like an MMO. I actually think it was clever.

Still only on floor 77 but I find it pretty entertaining.

Jesus Christ, those Fat Slimes near the switches on floor 77 were seriously boring. But eh, I'm still pretty early in the game, so maybe it gets some diversity later. There's also constant slowdown and the camera is wonky at times,

Lot of this.

Also maybe its because I'm not a big SAO fan but I'd rather have a character creation and just team up with others than be Kirito.
---
http://i.minus.com/ieoeJ1aWDjVv7.gif
#17achmed1974Posted 3/17/2013 7:40:12 PM
darkzero16 posted...

Just like an MMO. I actually think it was clever.

Still only on floor 77 but I find it pretty entertaining.

Jesus Christ, those Fat Slimes near the switches on floor 77 were seriously boring. But eh, I'm still pretty early in the game, so maybe it gets some diversity later. There's also constant slowdown and the camera is wonky at times,

Lot of this.

Also maybe its because I'm not a big SAO fan but I'd rather have a character creation and just team up with others than be Kirito.

This has alot of fun potential if this game does well and they do a bigger production Vita F2P MMO style game.