Localization: YES or NO?

#11zhaoyun99Posted 3/20/2013 9:25:19 PM
I think our only hope is Arc System since they are still releasing Niche Localization for PSP even today.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#12Radiantist027Posted 3/21/2013 2:29:07 AM
zhaoyun99 posted...
I think our only hope is Arc System since they are still releasing Niche Localization for PSP even today.

AKSYS.

Seriously though, there's little to no chance of it being localized. Anime games that don't have the name Naruto or DBZ usually sell terrible here, and the licensing would be a pain to get for this game.

And besides, everyone would complain about it if it's dubbed anyway.

I'd rather get a more worthy game, (LIKE TRAILS IN THE SKY SC) than this...
---
Everyone should go get and play The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Seriously, go out and buy it!
#13Suwa-kunPosted 3/21/2013 2:55:22 AM
Suwa-kun posted...
Yeah, no.

Unless it was as famous as the battle shounen series(Naruto, FMA etc.), any anime games localization chances are almost none. This is ignoring the facts that this game was released on PSP and made by Bandai Namco.

---
Undefined ~ Hatsune Miku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BDgcoePZ_0
#14geelwPosted 3/21/2013 10:59:47 AM
That and this would be a digital ONLY release if it went through the standard means. Of course, if a smaller publisher like Monkey Paw/Gaijinworks were to Kickstart a physical/digital release and work with a good localization team, it goes from a definite "no way" to a "mmmmmmaaaaayyybe... but it NEEDS to be funded before a move is made" deal...

fat chance of that happening, though.
---
"It's just a jump to the left..."
#15123pataponPosted 3/21/2013 11:07:09 AM
I heard from a reliable source that this game will be localized together with Final Fantasy Type 0 and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd!
#16Bikes-Posted 3/21/2013 11:12:03 AM
123patapon posted...
I heard from a reliable source that this game will be localized together with Final Fantasy Type 0 and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd!

If it's from a internet person's reliable source it must be true!
#17LEDAHGRIMPosted 3/21/2013 11:19:54 AM(edited)
OmegaAir posted...
Apparently this game is the top selling game in Japan for first week , beating even KH 1.5 HD. So i guess theres like maybe a 5 percent chance it will be localized, if not by Namco, maybe another company.

Also didn't Namco just bring that One Piece game over?

One piece is popular in the west just like naruto and DBZ, Can't say the same
about SAO which barely only fans know at all...

Naruto and DBZ are always localized but what about the rest of the games of
the same style? Most get ignored and not brought over...

Just look at the release list for western games... Just two, That already gives
away just how low the chance of this game coming over is plus the reasons
I stated before.

Companies on the west tend to go only with franchises that are already established
and are guaranteed to sell absurd amount of units even if the game is mediocre.

They are afraid of trying new stuff, Unlike AKSYS & XSEED that brought over games
for the PSP that were thought to never come over...

Just look a "Lord Of Arcana", Just because the first one made it to the west everyone
thought the sequel "Lord Of Apocalypse" would see a western release as well and
up to this day it's still japan only.

123patapon posted...
Together with Final Fantasy Type 0 and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd!...

That bit of information already tells you it's fake... Type 0 is in hiatus and CAPCOM
themselves said they would not bring MH Portable 3rd due to having issues with
SONY... Sorry to burst your bubble...
#18awkwardkoreanPosted 3/21/2013 11:39:19 AM
So I played this game with translation support from my girlfriend. In all honesty, the gameplay sucks, but it picks up where the anime left off. But its not really the gameplay or the story people are interested in. Waifu interaction>everything.
#19Suwa-kunPosted 3/21/2013 11:50:42 AM
awkwardkorean posted...
In all honesty, the gameplay sucks--

I dunno man, it ain't no .hack but in all honesty It could be worse, whole lot worse. Like Heroes VS/Battle Robot Damashii/Ultraman All-Star Chronicle worse.
---
Undefined ~ Hatsune Miku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BDgcoePZ_0
#20awkwardkoreanPosted 3/21/2013 12:19:49 PM
Suwa-kun posted...
awkwardkorean posted...
In all honesty, the gameplay sucks--

I dunno man, it ain't no .hack but in all honesty It could be worse, whole lot worse. Like Heroes VS/Battle Robot Damashii/Ultraman All-Star Chronicle worse.

I agree, Battle Robot Damashii was pretty bad. SAO:infinity moment's gameplay was not great, but I suppose it wasn't completely terrible, either. I guess I had high expectations... >______>