Help with floor 78 quest?

#1AyanokojiAkunoPosted 6/27/2013 12:30:51 AM
From what I understand of an old topic on here, one of the quests is to defeat 5 golems? or something along those lines. Anyway, following that, I come to the dungeon area but some npc in the room with the door keeps me from going through.

Is there something particular to do with that guy or do I have to finish the other quests beforehand?
---
PSN: AkunoAyanokoji; Dragon's Dogma: Pawn: Kai, Lv156 Ranger
#2megaorpheusPosted 6/27/2013 12:06:52 PM
AyanokojiAkuno posted...
From what I understand of an old topic on here, one of the quests is to defeat 5 golems? or something along those lines. Anyway, following that, I come to the dungeon area but some npc in the room with the door keeps me from going through.

Is there something particular to do with that guy or do I have to finish the other quests beforehand?

okay, iirc, that is the floor with the flare dragon (or whatever that dragon name is) right? the dragon that has some sort of magic shield and you can't beat him with normal attack..

my question is.., have you met the dragon yet? just before the cave with the NPC, there is another place that you can enter
---
"Well, It's the Black "Waltz," right? You think there'd be three, right?", ~Zidane Tribal, FF IX~
#3AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 12:57:03 PM
I went down that path first before I went into the little dungeon area with the npc
---
#4megaorpheusPosted 6/27/2013 3:12:06 PM
AyanokojiAkuno posted...
I went down that path first before I went into the little dungeon area with the npc

so, you already met the dragon? and killed it too?
---
"Well, It's the Black "Waltz," right? You think there'd be three, right?", ~Zidane Tribal, FF IX~
#5Suwa-kunPosted 6/27/2013 11:20:16 PM
Go meet the dragon first(that means you need to went right first), you'll get a scene. After that went back and then go to the dungeon, the NPC won't bother you anymore and you can enter.
---
That was an Alligator Sinensis.
#6AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 5:50:38 AM
I had went and saw the dragon first; not letting me pass, I went to where the NPC is and he kept me from going through the door for some reason.

Also, how does gaining points in weapons work in this game? Proficiency, I guess I would call it
---
#7megaorpheusPosted 6/28/2013 2:33:44 PM
AyanokojiAkuno posted...
I had went and saw the dragon first; not letting me pass, I went to where the NPC is and he kept me from going through the door for some reason.

Also, how does gaining points in weapons work in this game? Proficiency, I guess I would call it

is the NPC by any chance is called NPC Elliot?
did you bring silica with you??

the only explanation is that either there's some sort of event that you need to trigger (it supposed to be the dragon event) or you didn't bring the "right person" with you..

AFAIK, quest doesn't have anything to do with what area you can explore or can't explore.. so, there's no such thing as "I can't explore this XXXX area because I haven't done this quest yet"..
btw, that quest you're talking about is to get 5 item drops from the stone golems..

you can check the wiki section here on this SAO game page in gamefaqs on how to gain proficiency (or most people called it Mastery or skill mastery)

here's the link if you're too lazy:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/675323-sword-art-online-infinity-moment/wiki/1-1-navigation-and-combat-controls-and-explaination
---