Sword art online show

#1S4vage164Posted 7/24/2013 8:00:15 PM
The sword art online show is coming to adult swim toonami Saturday at 2am!!!
#2LolimanPosted 7/27/2013 6:20:06 PM
Meh, the anime isn't that good to begin with, if you really want to enjoy SAO you should read the novels.
Besides, the anime is only part of the first 4 volumes out from the current 12 and still increasing, some parts were removed (the most notable ones are how Kirito and Asuna met before the first floor boss strategy reunion or Jotunheimr) and others omited because they were released on later volumes as side stories.
#3S4vage164(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 8:27:59 PM
Is it atleast worth watching?..
#4Legend320Posted 7/28/2013 6:43:52 AM
I watched the first episode last night. It was a really good intro. Wish I had known about the show before. Gonna watch the original Japanese as dubs never do anime justice.
---
"There are 3 things that cannot be hidden for long; The Sun, The Moon, and The Truth."
PSN: Dforte, Blood Brothers: Dforte813
#5LolimanPosted 7/28/2013 9:20:08 AM
S4vage164 posted...
Is it atleast worth watching?..

If you are the type who don't likes too much to read, yes, at least you could see the anime. Just wanted to say the anime adaptation is so-so compared with the light novel wich is better in every way (and currently about 3 times longer).
Most people hyped the anime way too much for what it is, it's a nice one but there are plenty of better anime adaptations for other light/visual novels than SAO. SAO just happens to have an unusual main story, something similar to .hack but .hack is on the fantasy side and SAO is sci-fi, that's why it got famous so easily with just the anime and most fans never even checked the light novels.

Don't mind it too much, that was just a comparison, if you only want to know if the anime is worth to watch, it is, otherwise there wouldn't be so many fans AND haters of it xD
#6Legend320Posted 7/28/2013 5:39:24 PM
I have a question about the rapid progression of the show

I'm 4 episodes in and already 15 months have passed. Is the novel like that or is the show like a movie adaptation where they skip a lot of important parts out?
---
"There are 3 things that cannot be hidden for long; The Sun, The Moon, and The Truth."
PSN: Dforte, Blood Brothers: Dforte813
#7S4vage164(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 7:08:18 PM
I tuned in to it lastnight it was a really good intro once he entered the game and the animation was gorgeous very good visuals, but they seem to have just jumped right into it... Do the novels cover a little bit of Korito's life before being trapped in the MMO?
#8Sticky_DerpPosted 7/29/2013 4:05:44 PM
S4vage164 posted...
I tuned in to it lastnight it was a really good intro once he entered the game and the animation was gorgeous very good visuals, but they seem to have just jumped right into it... Do the novels cover a little bit of Korito's life before being trapped in the MMO?

His pre-SAO life is discussed more later, but never in any depth. He wasn't terribly special or anything, it just explained his interests and some other things.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#9LolimanPosted 7/30/2013 8:08:51 PM
Legend320 posted...
I have a question about the rapid progression of the show

I'm 4 episodes in and already 15 months have passed. Is the novel like that or is the show like a movie adaptation where they skip a lot of important parts out?

The novels have several time skips, that's normal. The most "important" stuff is there except for how Kirito and Asuna really met or Jotunheimr like i said on the previous post. Things besides that would be details that clears doubts on how Sword Art Online/Alfheim works, small omited parts and other things that makes it easier to grasp the personality and feelings of the characters. Per example (this is kind of a spoiler if you don't know Sachi's sidestory yet, so skip to next the part if thats the case):

If you read the novels there are hints about Kirito being interested on Sachi in a romantic way, and the author confirmed she was his first love, wich is something harder to notice on the anime since it's more focused on the guilt Kirito feels.

There's also some small sidestories like about what follows up after Kirito and Klein separate right at the start of the game, how kirito learns the martial arts skill after beating the 1rst floor boss, and some more about Asuna, Argo and the other characters.
The author also started working on Sword Art Online: Progressive, wich will cover all floors of Aincrad with no time skip, but this is a long term project.
#10meralonnePosted 7/31/2013 2:10:47 PM
S4vage164 posted...
The sword art online show is coming to adult swim toonami Saturday at 2am!!!

The full series is already available on Hulu.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife