Sword art online show

#11codemeisterx70Posted 7/31/2013 8:06:17 PM
I just finished the series on hulu an hour ago. I thought it was pretty gripping in all. The second half while not as good and more rushed does a great job of setting up the hatred for the villain and reinforcing the kiritoxasuna love story.

I read a little bit of the light novel after i finished aincrad and it takes the characters just a bit deeper than the anime to the point where i went "oh so thats how they really feel" etc.

All in all it is a good anime and the light novels will be a fun read i hope they make a season 2 with GGO and/or Mother Rosario
---
You either die a normal user, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll.
TLOU board- Troy Baker laying down the smack 06/22/13
#12Legend320Posted 8/1/2013 7:42:02 PM
I finished the show a few days ago and I kind of feel the same way when I watched Death Note a few years ago. They made a second half that wasn't all that necessary. But like codemeister said, it seemed rushed. I downloaded the novels before I finished the show, so when I get a chance, I'll sit down and start reading them (going to be hard since I haven't been a reader since the 7th grade).
---
"There are 3 things that cannot be hidden for long; The Sun, The Moon, and The Truth."
PSN: Dforte, Blood Brothers: Dforte813
#13meralonnePosted 8/2/2013 9:01:23 AM
They certainly could've done a lot more with the Alfheim section of the story. Frankly, that should have been a whole season on its own.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#14bladderwortsPosted 8/3/2013 8:44:15 AM
I really like the anime for both the first arc and second arc! It really paints a realistic picture of future MMORPG...makes me feel like playing MMORPG again...haha
---
http://partyapk.blogspot.sg
#15DarkMousey01Posted 8/6/2013 2:12:44 PM
bladderworts posted...
I really like the anime for both the first arc and second arc! It really paints a realistic picture of future MMORPG...makes me feel like playing MMORPG again...haha

That is the reason why I pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIV.
---
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -Calvin of "Calvin and Hobbes"
#16JVillJagsPosted 8/11/2013 2:29:15 PM
I watched the subs on a whim a while back. I really enjoyed the first arc of it which was just Sword Art Online. The second arc which was a different game and a lot of offline scenes was filled with awful fan service and seemed less epic since no one was trapped in the game. I would have liked it if everyone was freed and lived happily ever after Heathcliff was killed. I think it's worth watching, but it's not best anime in the "trapped in a game" genre. That belongs to .hack//SIGN or Tron.
---
Brief Bio
25 year old grad student from Maine. Republican who watches sports and plays video games.
#17HeavenwargodPosted 8/12/2013 3:04:39 AM
JVillJags posted...
I watched the subs on a whim a while back. I really enjoyed the first arc of it which was just Sword Art Online. The second arc which was a different game and a lot of offline scenes was filled with awful fan service and seemed less epic since no one was trapped in the game. I would have liked it if everyone was freed and lived happily ever after Heathcliff was killed. I think it's worth watching, but it's not best anime in the "trapped in a game" genre. That belongs to .hack//SIGN or Tron.

Not sure if you were watching something else but Asuna and 300 others were trapped in ALO.

The anime was overhyped. While it wasn't that shabby (rather decent, actually), it failed to live up to what readers of the light novels expected (I started reading the novels a few years back). I like the voice cast in particular, Matsuoka delivered an excellent performance.
---
Currently playing: Sword Art Online -Infinity Moment-, Love Live! School Idol Festival
Ayachi's number one fan.
#18JVillJagsPosted 8/12/2013 5:47:34 PM
Heavenwargod posted...
JVillJags posted...

Not sure if you were watching something else but Asuna and 300 others were trapped in ALO.

The anime was overhyped. While it wasn't that shabby (rather decent, actually), it failed to live up to what readers of the light novels expected (I started reading the novels a few years back). I like the voice cast in particular, Matsuoka delivered an excellent performance.

lrn2read. I said the anime would have been better if everyone was freed after they beat Sword Art Online. Fairy Land Arc wasn't that good and didn't really fit in with the theme of the first arc. I didn't say what happened, I said what I thought should have happened.
---
Brief Bio
25 year old grad student from Maine. Republican who watches sports and plays video games.
#19HeavenwargodPosted 8/12/2013 11:54:01 PM
JVillJags posted...
Heavenwargod posted...
JVillJags posted...

lrn2read. I said the anime would have been better if everyone was freed after they beat Sword Art Online. Fairy Land Arc wasn't that good and didn't really fit in with the theme of the first arc. I didn't say what happened, I said what I thought should have happened.

The second arc which was a different game and a lot of offline scenes was filled with awful fan service and seemed less epic since no one was trapped in the game.

Not sure if trolling or serious. And yes, I read perfectly fine. You do realize what you said about "I would have liked if..." and "since no one was trapped in the game" were oxymoron, right? I wish people wouldn't have to get that defensive over a casual statement with their "lrn2read" nonsense.
---
Currently playing: Sword Art Online -Infinity Moment-, Love Live! School Idol Festival
Ayachi's number one fan.