Devilish Shapes

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: GuyNamedDavid

GuyNamedDavid
3 years ago#1
Gave up on this one after giving it a fair shot. The only mnemonics I could come up with felt too awkward to use. My record is 5-Back, as opposed to Fast 6-Back in Calculations and 6-Back in Listening. How do you all handle Shapes?

User Info: Spanish_Bread

Spanish_Bread
3 years ago#2
GuyNamedDavid posted...
Gave up on this one after giving it a fair shot. The only mnemonics I could come up with felt too awkward to use. My record is 5-Back, as opposed to Fast 6-Back in Calculations and 6-Back in Listening. How do you all handle Shapes?

i think devilish shapes is the easiest one as compare to calculation and listening... because you have a minimum of 33% to get the shape right... I suggest using 1-word association... for me i use terms like birds, clouds, shurikens, nose, drum, blacksmith, pinwheel, badge, make-up, poison, joker, diamond, pencil, science, boomerang etc... Also it helps you memorize if you speak loudly the "word" you associated with the shapes...

and sometimes I use the same word for 2-3 shapes, i think it's just okay since there's a very low probability that those 3 options would be the in the same question/item set. so it's just a matter of luck...
example: there are 2-3 variations of boomerang, birds, and shurikens...

btw i'm currently at 13-back for devilish shapes using that technique XD

User Info: GuyNamedDavid

GuyNamedDavid
3 years ago#3
Yeah, I do pretty much exactly that. I say the shape order to myself as I go. Some of my shapes share the same word, too. (Maybe too many of them.) We even have "shuriken, pinwheel, diamond" in common.

What I assume you don't do is speak the entire lineup as you go. As in, for 6-Back, I say "1 2 3 4 5 6 7" and write 1 while I finish speaking, then say "2 3 4 5 6 7 8" and do the same for 2. Doing it this way has its benefits, but doesn't work well in Shapes. If I use natural words, there's too much to say, but if I reduce the number of syllables, it takes extra encoding/decoding steps to know which shapes I mean.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived