Some tips for MUCH better times

#12hVy4GrVtyPosted 7/9/2012 3:05:13 PM
There are two kinds of launches, one where the needle is falling, one where the needle is going up. This distinction can be noted when the race starts. If you're needle is going up at the time of the launch, your tach needle will "stick", so to speak. If the needle is falling down at the time of launch, you'll see it skip a few RPM down instead of staying at the green zone.

You'll get MUCH BETTER times if you're getting "sticky launch". You'll get the best times if you can get a "sticky perfect launch", but those take a lot of practice; I'm probably only able to get it once every 10 restarts or so, but they're necessary if you want to tackle the best times. In general, a sticky good launch is a lot better than a perfect falling launch.

Also for most upgraded cars, you're better off shifting immediately into second following your launch, since you'll grab traction right away.

The perfect time to use NOS is the split second when you're able to use it without breaking traction (or if you do, it's only for a split second). For most cars, it's either later second gear or early third gear.

All of the boss races for their cars are possible to beat provided you have a fully maxed car. However, with the mechanic, it becomes a cakewalk. You have roughly a 2-tenths advantage on him.

If you can beat the ladder, then you can beat the boss. You'll still need a maxed car to win the boss car though.

If you restart or quit a race, it won't use up your mechanic tune-up. This is useful if you're trying to set top times.

Buy decals for your car. You'll make up the difference in about ten races. It generally takes upwards of 100-150 races to beat a tier.

Fastest cars for each tier:

T1:
1/4 - BMW 125i
1/2 - BMW 125i

T2:
1/4 - Fort Mustang GT
1/2 - Camaro SS

T3:
1/4 - Mustang Boss LS
1/2 - BMW M3

T4:
1/4 - Nissan GT-R
1/2 - Ford GT

T5:
1/4 - Audi R8 LMS Ultra CSR
1/2 - Audi R8 LMS Ultra CSR
---
One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of Gargoyles.
- 90's childhood
#22hVy4GrVty(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 3:09:08 PM
To expand on the NOS thing, the perfect time to use it is not necessarily right after your tires get traction. You have to experiment, but it's the earliest time you can use NOS and not break traction (or if you do, just a split second of it). This varies from car to car. Some cars that grab traction keep traction even if you NOS. Other cars, you have to be a little more patient with before using NOS.
---
One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of Gargoyles.
- 90's childhood
#32hVy4GrVty(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 3:13:19 PM
Also, to whoever's writing the FAQ:

Agent deals come every 20 races, the car it'll offer is a random car from the highest tier available to you. e.g. if you've just unlocked tier 3, then you'll get an offer for a tier 3 car. Also, if you have all the cars from that particular tier, then it'll offer a random car from the next highest tier, and so on.

Discounts are always 50%, except for T1 cars, which get a 70% discount.
---
- 90's childhood
#42hVy4GrVty(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 7:53:31 PM
For credibility's sake, here's my career stats:

http://i.imgur.com/bSTAi.png
---
- 90's childhood
#52hVy4GrVty(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 12:17:13 AM
Gamefaqs really needs an edit button:

[b]Updated best cars list[/b]

T1:
1/4 - BMW 125i
1/2 - BMW 125i

T2:
1/4 - Fort Mustang GT
1/2 - Camaro SS

T3:
1/4 - Mustang Boss LS
1/2 - Mustang Boss LS

T4:
1/4 - Nissan GT-R
1/2 - Ford GT

T5:
1/4 - Audi R8 LMS Ultra CSR
1/2 - Audi R8 LMS Ultra CSR

Proof here:

http://i.imgur.com/Ub8N7.jpg
---
- 90's childhood
#6lordmagnetPosted 7/10/2012 8:35:39 AM
Some great information here, thanks for sharing it.

I was going to put that the agent deal always offers you a vehicle in the highest tier you are in, but as I was working on that section I was offered a lower tiered vehicle, but it seems rare.

Someone on this board mentioned they got a 75% discount, they must have meant the 70% from the tier 1. I will change that soon.

Can I ask how you came to these conclusions? Maybe what your test scenarios were?

Keep up the good work.
#7Statictouch1Posted 7/10/2012 10:23:43 AM
Hope everyone knows about the glitch with the coins and gas refill.

Probably will save everyone a whole lot of time.

Simply just change date time year in iphone/ipod settings and go back to playing csr

your gas will get refilled and be awarded with a coin

keep doing it everytime gas runs out and to stack coins

OP: Did you beat the whole game? I beat the boss of the last tier and the only races left and specific car and specific upgrade races. After beating those, is there anything left to do? Do you get to race Nitro? I don't want to waste my time doing the other races if there is nothing else to do.
#82hVy4GrVty(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 2:56:45 PM
Lower tier offers only happen when you already have all the cars of the current tier.

Conclusions to what? Which car is the fastest? They're non-conclusive, but I have the fastest time or within .02 second of the fastest time for every car. Except T3 1/2, but I'm fairly certain it's the Mustang Boss LS.

T1 1/4 - BMW 125i - 13.08 (3rd, top time 13.06)
T1 1/2 - BMW 125i - 20.02 (1st)

T2 1/4 - Ford Mustang - 11.87 (5th, top time 11.85)
T2 1/2 - Camaro SS - 18.35 (4th, top time 11.33)

T3 1/4 - Mustang Boss LS - 10.61 (1st)
T3 1/2 - Mustang Boss LS - 16.22 (5th, top time 16.15)

T4 1/4 - Nissan GT-R - 9.28 (1st)
T4 1/2 - Ford GT - 14.23 (2nd, top time 14.22)

T5 1/4 - Audi R8 LMS Ultra CSR - 7.61 (1st)
T5 1/2 - Audi R8 LMS Ultra CSR - 11.70 (1st)
---
- 90's childhood
#92hVy4GrVty(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 10:18:39 PM
T3 1/2 - Camaro ZL1 - 16.09 (1st)
---
- 90's childhood
#10gatman85Posted 7/15/2012 10:57:35 AM
thank you this helped me get top 10 times

if i use the coin cheat and fast forward my clock,when i go back to the real time will my game be messed up?