Military victory

#1OrangePoetPosted 9/30/2013 3:37:17 PM
I've watched a few videos and it seems like military victory will take a ridiculous amount of time since you pretty much have to take over almost all regions.

Is there an option in campaign to just take over... lets say 25 regions? Or am I stuck with taking over the whole map?
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#2AsterafPosted 9/30/2013 3:40:29 PM
Can also take over those regions via client states and military allies.
#3meshuggah06Posted 10/1/2013 7:22:16 AM
TC, you do realize that there's an Economic Victory and a Cultural Victory right?
#4OrangePoet(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 6:08:51 PM
meshuggah06 posted...
TC, you do realize that there's an Economic Victory and a Cultural Victory right?

Actually no lol. I don't have the game yet but i'm going to buy it once I can mod a few things to my liking... for example change turns per year and changing victory conditions for military victory.

Just curious, what are the victory conditions for Eco/ cultural victory?
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#5ManiusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 4:48:15 AM
I have to agree with the whole Military Victory requirements are way to high. Rome then according to the game never achieved victory. Although, they were around longer then most nations.
---
Manius
Imperator
#6meshuggah06Posted 10/2/2013 6:47:18 AM
I think the Roman Empire at its greatest extent would include 140 regions on the map. It's still pretty easy to win in this game though it does take longer than any other previous TW game I've played. I think that has more to do with the map feeling more spread out.

Cultural and Economic victory conditions differ between factions, but they're basically slightly less regions than a Military victory plus a certain number of trade agreements and income level (Economic) or building certain cultural buildings (Cultural).
#7NythainPosted 10/2/2013 12:22:15 PM
I've found Military Victory actually quicker/easier than Cultural and Economical victories. A lot easier to ally/subjugate factions than try to get trade agreements with half of them.
#8ZukkusPosted 10/2/2013 7:15:29 PM
I found the blitzkrieg tactic to be viable for military victory. I started as Iceni and once I had a foothold in mainland Europe I tried to capture at least one settlement each turn and declare a new war once every 2-3 turns.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#9jtkchen2007Posted 10/6/2013 8:59:33 PM
Economic Victory is by far the easiest if you trade with other nations at all.
Declare war on weaker states to get on good side of potential more powerful trading partners.

Get that trade treaty.

Yea, conquering EVERY single settlement for the 140 Military Victory is a bit much.