Current Roster (My guess)

#1RoseredwrathPosted 7/6/2012 10:22:00 AM
So from what I've seen, my assumptions on the current roster are.

Johnathan Joestar
Joseph Joestar (Old and young)
Jotaro Kujo
Josuke Higashikata
Giorno Giovanna
Jolyne Kujo
Johnny Joestar
Gyro Zeppeli
Bruno Bucciarati
Polnareff
Kakyoin
Abdul
Iggy
N'Dour
Hol Horse
Anubis (Either with Polnareff or Chaka)
Wham
ACDC
Cars
Dio
Yoshikage Kira
Funny Valentine
Diavolo
Enrico Pucci
Diego Brando
Vanilla Ice

I'm probably wrong about a few of the antagonists, but I'm pretty confident on the protagonists.
#2StonerSunshinePosted 7/6/2012 10:38:39 AM
Missing some from Diamond is Unbreakable imo

Hirose
Okuyasu
Rohan Kishibe
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#3Roseredwrath(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 11:35:49 AM
Thanks for that. I wasn't too familiar with part 4.

I also forgot Robert Edward O Speedwagon. And maybe William Antonio Zeppeli, Petshop, and maybe FF.
#4Jump_FangirlPosted 7/6/2012 2:29:39 PM
Ah, I want Guido Mista, Narancia Ghirga, Trish Una and Leone Abbacchio! Ah, but you can't geuss my favorite part, but I realize that's kind of asking for a lot ...
---
A warmonger like you would NEVER understand the power flowing through my body! - Kamille Bidan
#5sakura_kirbyPosted 7/6/2012 5:42:01 PM
You only have like two characters representing stone ocean not including jotaro, maybe add weather report or Hermes Costello?
---
Only the foolish believe that suffering is just wages for being different.
#6zero829Posted 7/6/2012 6:57:20 PM
My guess is each series will get three to four characters or perhaps five depending on how much CC2 intends to make this a series of games.

Announcer: Rohan *voiced by Araki-sensei of course*

1:

Johnathan Joestar
Dio Brando
William Zeppeli
Speedwagon

2:

Joseph Joestar
Caesar Zeppeli
Wham
Cars

3:

Jotaro Kujo
Dio Brando
Polnareff
Vanilla Ice

4:

Josuke
Kira
Koichi
Okuyasu

5:

Giorno
Bruno
*King Crimson*
Guido

6:

Jolyne I LOVE JOLYNE SHE IS THE ONLY OTHER CHARACTER NEEDED
Pucci
FF
Hermes

7:

GYRO IS ALL WE NEED HE IS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER
Johnny (:/)
Funny Valentine
Diego "Dino"

General notes:

Part 3 and Part 7 are going to have the most characters I guarantee you. Chances are, CC2 will want to include a lot of Part 3 stuff just to appeal to those who loved the old fighting game, and also to those only familiar with the OVAs and such. With that being said, this is also why I think either Polnareff or Kakyoin will not be playable. Simply put, they are trump cards. One of them will be saved for the next game. As for Steel Ball Run, it is obviously the main part for this game. This is the first time we will get to see characters like Gyro in action and voiced and considering how awesome SBR was and how recent it was, this is the biggest deal and CC2 will want to capitalize on it. SBR had a lot of great characters so who makes the fifth and sixth slot is a tough guess. I hope that rain guy is in. He was cool.

If they are feeling more generous with the roster or intend to do DLC or something along those lines, then Lisa Lisa will be in 2.

No one is probably going to be added into 1 from the four I mentioned though.

3 obviously Abdul and Joseph teamed up with Iggy probably. Finally, Hol Horse will likely make it in when they need more villains. He is quite popular and managed to make multiple appearances, something almost no other Jojo villain (outside of the main ones) can usually do.

4 is another weird one. There are definitely options here, but it is hard to say if they will actually bother to go with them. Part of 4's flair was the general fun it had through its slice of life aspects. This is something you can't really capture in the fighting game. What I'm saying is that even if Part 4 was great, it might not get too many characters. Really, it's all about Kira. He's just too cool.

5 has obvious choices. Main cast isn't complete. Aerosmith and such. Pretty straight forward.

6 is similar to the above. Weather Report would be an easy choice. Also, they might split Pucci into multiple characters, which I think would actually be a good idea. Much like how Dio has changed a lot, Pucci changed a whole lot in just one arc. He wouldn't need to share any moves either. Completely different powers.

Steel Ball Run is much the same. Plenty of options. I would like Hot Pants to be playable, but I'm not sure how they would handle her moveset to make it interesting.

What really interests me is costumes and palette swaps. Palette swaps will be really fun because they can actually base them mostly on actual color schemes Araki-sensei has used over the years. Costumes will be great. I LOVE Jotaro's Part 6 outfit so I would be more than willing to even pay DLC for it. Also, Star Platinum and some of the other stands have changed appearances throughout the series too. That opens up even more costume potential.

As for Diego with The World, rather than make it another character, I think it would be a good choice to make it Valentine's ultimate attack. He summons Diego, Diego throws gasoline on you, freezes time, and then throws the matches.
---
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9711/4cebbcec040d6d9c5ed8d25.jpg
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1818/gagaballrun.jpg
#7zero829Posted 7/6/2012 7:20:29 PM
Oh and in case anyone was wondering, the reason I assume three to four is based entirely off of Wham. Honestly I would have suspected if a new Jojo fighter came out, it would have at the most maybe two or three characters per franchise, totaling out to be about fourteen to twenty one characters in the first installment. Wham is a strange inclusion though. We know Cars will have to be playable as well, but at the same time if they are including Wham then they are probably throwing in Caesar as well. There is also the Steel Ball Run thing. Gyro is the main character, but Johnny is the Joestar and they used him as the logo for Part 7, so he's playable. That means three characters counting Valentine and OF COURSE Diego is going to be in. That's four right there.

And I doubt they want to do a thing where some series have three or four while others only get one or two. I figured they will try to streamline the character select screen to have three to four slots for each part. Makes sense to me.
---
#8Roseredwrath(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 8:29:28 PM
I considered Hermes, but I was concerned on how certain people's stands would come into play in a fighter and I don't really know what Kiss can do. It doesn't seem battle oriented.
#9Baalji_BaalstarPosted 7/6/2012 9:24:08 PM
I can't wait to see how Johnny moves around.
---
"Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"
-Bret "The Hitman" Hart
#10zero829Posted 7/7/2012 12:01:12 AM
Baalji_Baalstar posted...
I can't wait to see how Johnny moves around.

If Gyro can use his horse momentarily, then I imagine Johnny will mostly be in his wheel chair.
---