Do you guys recommend the 2012 anime?

#1SpeedSh0t92Posted 4/30/2014 8:49:10 PM
I was reading JoJo's for a while, but I prefer watching anime to reading manga. I've heard the 2012 anime isn't that good from a select few amount of people, but would you guys recommend it?
---
You can't end a good party without someone on the floor- Yusuke Urameshi
#2DEKMStephensPosted 4/30/2014 8:50:14 PM
I would recommend the anime, however I have not read parts 1 and 2 (I am reading Part 7 currently, however)
---
3DS fc 2363-5810-2795
WIIUWIIUWIIUWIIUWIIUWIIUWIIUWIIUWIIUWIIU
#3Seiichi OmoriPosted 4/30/2014 8:54:55 PM
these select people have poor taste and probably enjoy Nardo
---
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1463/lionpaunchqx8.gif
That was the zing of zings, I now crown Mr. Omori the King of Slams - SpiralSage (some guy)
#4MahouShounenELPosted 4/30/2014 9:05:59 PM
It's basically a perfect adaptation
---
http://i.imgur.com/U0RpQC0.jpg
Okami at his computer
#5PirateKing290Posted 4/30/2014 9:11:40 PM
I'd say it's actually better than the manga (which I NEVER say, only in this case and HxH), especially part 3. They took some lack luster fights and pumped them with just the right amount of filler.
---
PSN: Weeeler (JJBA:ASB PSN: Wryyywer)
#6SpeedSh0t92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 9:16:51 PM
PirateKing290 posted...
I'd say it's actually better than the manga (which I NEVER say, only in this case and HxH), especially part 3. They took some lack luster fights and pumped them with just the right amount of filler.

Awesome, thanks. I'm loving the 2011 Hunter X Hunter right now so I guess this one will live up to my standards too.
---
#7IchipooPosted 4/30/2014 9:21:49 PM
PirateKing290 posted...
To add on to this, I just skimmed through Part 1 of the manga again and the anime seems to have skipped a few scenes that seem out of place and I think it's for the better lol.

Gonna do the same for Part 2 and eventually Part 3.
---
Official Karin and Red Moeblob Ranger of the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Board. <3
https://twitter.com/Ichitsun
#8DaimaoTakahashiPosted 4/30/2014 9:25:24 PM
B-But there's no Mustard cover muggers in the anime...
---
"Lesson 4: Pay Your Respects"
#9LightsasoriPosted 4/30/2014 9:40:27 PM(edited)
Well here's my honest and nitpicky review of the 2012 anime adaption:

Part 1 Phantom Blood anime was a pretty poor anime. Choppy animation, overly long dialogue in action scenes, and the pacing was horrible. They even took out the scene when Jonathon went up against the chinese guy, it was important as to how Dio was able to counter the hamon. Instead they just went "lol Imma Dio so i knoes everting!" With that said it's incredibly faithful to the manga in terms of dialogue and has some pretty great color schemes that fit the mood.

Part 2 Battle Tendency anime on the other hand is a much better adaption. While at times the animation was choppy, they did redeem themselves with a few fight scenes like Ceasar vs. Wammu. The pacing was perfect, they didn't leave out any fights or important plot points. With that said, it still suffered a little bit from choppy animation and overlong commentary's during the fight scenes. I mean yeah I understand they try to be faithful to the manga, but it made sense in the manga because it is a little bit harder to visualize things. The anime on the other hand is itself a visual, half of the time they were stating the obvious like "Oh look Joseph is jumping to dodge the attack!" Yeah we can kinda see that already.

Part 3 Stardust Crusaders is by far the best adaption, mostly because you can actually see that they put real budget to this anime. While my only complaint is that the pacing is much slower, it makes up for everything else. Awesome movie quality animation, the fight scenes flow much better, and it's still faithful to the manga while adding in their own flavors of fillers. Well they only have like 4 episodes released, but if the rest of the anime is as good as the first four episodes, then you can bet you're going to get quality right here.

Well that was my honest reception of the anime. While it did need working at first, it starts redeeming itself in the end. I'm looking forward to Part 3 and see how it goes from there. Though I do give credit to David Productions for tackling this series. The reason why most anime studios wouldn't touch Jojo not only because it's difficult to adapt, but it was also really hard to please Araki and trying to stay loyal to the source material. David Productions gets a big kudos from me.
---
"Yare yare daze" ~ Jotaro Kujo
"Children are pure, they know who's the strongest." ~ MaskDeSmith
#10SpeedSh0t92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 9:44:26 PM
Ok so I just watched the first episode and so far I think it's awesome. It did feel a little rushed though, I know Jonathan's childhood wasn't all that important, but I felt like a few minor things were either left out or changed.
---