Fuel for ships?

#1Kult47Posted 12/11/2013 4:03:09 PM
I've only played a little due to the frequent character swipes so I haven't done much. What can be used to fuel your ship? So far I've only heard of coal and wood with the latter being nixed in an update. So is it really only coal or is there a more efficient fuel?
---
PSN- Orbital47
Gamertag- TOXic f47aLiTy
#2valeski2236Posted 12/11/2013 4:11:33 PM(edited)
Coal now, plutonium, uranium later in tiers. Wood was removed as a fuel source.
---
3DS:FC 1005-8758-3458
#3Chev427BBPosted 12/11/2013 4:11:43 PM
I believe there's also uranium and a couple others. I'm not sure how efficient they are though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Zkv360V.gif
#4Kult47(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 4:23:28 PM
How long are you restricted to using coal before using those other resources?
---
PSN- Orbital47
Gamertag- TOXic f47aLiTy
#5valeski2236Posted 12/11/2013 4:30:00 PM
Well I'm in sector 3 now and I still find coal and haven't found the other fuels, so either I'm not digging deep enough or they're in the next tier.
---
#6Kult47(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 4:32:10 PM
Thanks trying to figure out the best way to spend resources.
---
PSN- Orbital47
Gamertag- TOXic f47aLiTy
#7valeski2236Posted 12/11/2013 4:34:30 PM
I would over farm for coal until your fuel tank is full then gather more as you can. You don't want to end up like me marooned on a random planet in L2 without the ability to jump to another system or back to L1.

It took me about a couple of hours to scavenge enough coal to get back to L1 where coal seemed more abundant.
---
#8DeathWyvernPosted 12/11/2013 4:57:52 PM
Yeah this is pretty ridiculous I didn't pay attention to how much fuel it was going to cost me to go from Alpha to Beta. I left all of my stuff on my starting world, and now I can't craft the stuff I need and I'm also stuck on a planet where I can't find plant fibre for bandages for the life of me.

It's pretty ridiculous that I have spent almost an hour and a half farming enough coal to jump BACK to my original world so I can grab all my stuff, then I'll need another 100 coal to go back to the beta sector. I don't think they thought this through very well, there needs to be more ways to get fuel for sure, especially since coal is used for torches and steel. Either you need to be able to make like 10 torches for 1 coal or there needs to be more ways to fuel the ship. It's making me want to stop playing until they figure it out. Coal only gives 2 fuel, and it costs 1 coal to make 2 torches, and you need it to make steel which I'm currently working towards and there just isn't enough coal.
---
Mythologick
Welcome to the League of Akali. - Teammate after Akali penta.
#9Kult47(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 5:01:19 PM
DeathWyvern posted...
Yeah this is pretty ridiculous I didn't pay attention to how much fuel it was going to cost me to go from Alpha to Beta. I left all of my stuff on my starting world, and now I can't craft the stuff I need and I'm also stuck on a planet where I can't find plant fibre for bandages for the life of me.

It's pretty ridiculous that I have spent almost an hour and a half farming enough coal to jump BACK to my original world so I can grab all my stuff, then I'll need another 100 coal to go back to the beta sector. I don't think they thought this through very well, there needs to be more ways to get fuel for sure, especially since coal is used for torches and steel. Either you need to be able to make like 10 torches for 1 coal or there needs to be more ways to fuel the ship. It's making me want to stop playing until they figure it out. Coal only gives 2 fuel, and it costs 1 coal to make 2 torches, and you need it to make steel which I'm currently working towards and there just isn't enough coal.

Maybe they will find a way to refine coal in something and mixing it with another resource like plant fibre to give a lot more fuel per coal
---
PSN- Orbital47
Gamertag- TOXic f47aLiTy
#10SandrianPosted 12/11/2013 6:03:43 PM(edited)
There's 4 types of Fuel ATM:

Coal - 2 Fuel per coal

Uranium - Either 4 or 6 (I can never remember which is which)

Plutonium - Whichever Uranium isn't between 4 or 6 Fuel per piece

Solarium - 8 Fuel Per Solarium

Early game, Coal is the most efficient to use, as it's pretty much all you'll find (and in a decent amount too).

Once you hit the last sector, you'll find plenty of Uranium + Plutonium, and some Solarium. So you can just save Coal for crafting at that point.

Edit: I also believe one of the upcoming updates is going to have the ability to turn 10 unrefined wood into 1 coal
---
PSN: Michimeru
DA Pawn: Treasa | Level: 200 | Warrior/Ranger