Released same day as Bioshock Infinite? Good luck...

#1G1243Posted 1/17/2013 3:05:47 AM
They should have delayed it until beginning of April. They would capitalize on the people waiting for Dead Island: Riptide, which comes out April 23rd.

That allows people to play TWD: SI, then trade it in for DI: R.

Bioshock Infinite is gonna crush this game in terms of marketing, and sales. The only chance it has to gain ground is by selling at a reduced price.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#2Average_PersonPosted 1/27/2013 6:04:46 PM
It's being sent out (quietly) to die.
#3specialkid8Posted 1/28/2013 10:15:02 AM
Why does it matter of they come out at the same time? They aren't exactly competition. I've never understood this type of thread.
#4probertgoonPosted 1/30/2013 4:07:32 PM
nope.... ran from that. going out same day as gears now
---
xbl GEEZER GAMER67 psn PROBERTGOON
#5IRELANDforeverPosted 2/3/2013 1:48:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6WhoIsTheDrizzlePosted 2/7/2013 1:52:33 AM
If anything, it should have been released around (preferably before) The Walking Dead second half season premiere. Most gamers would have probably scooped it up in anticipation of watching the rest of the season. Not to mention after the episode is over (and watching talking dead for you real fans out there) hop on the game and play.

And for anyone who says, "It wouldn't be a completed game." well the developers should have made the game earlier.
---
Do Work.
#7GarudinPosted 2/8/2013 9:32:16 AM
specialkid8 posted...
Why does it matter of they come out at the same time? They aren't exactly competition. I've never understood this type of thread.

It's not about being the same type of game it's about everyone not having infinite money to spend and picking one of another specially when it comes to the people who can only buy one game every once in a while

Also with this game having gotten so little press and advertisement it's going to be even more lost in the background when Bioshock comes out with everyone talking about that
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#8specialkid8Posted 2/8/2013 10:07:16 AM
I'm saying they aren't vying for the same demographic. It doesn't matter when they come out because most people won't be buying both.
#9PostalDudesHerePosted 2/8/2013 11:16:49 AM
dude, bioshock comes out the week after, this comes out the same day as gears (it's just as screwed anyway). depending on what I read about it, I might pick it up when it's like $20.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#10G1243(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:08:34 AM
PostalDudesHere posted...
dude, bioshock comes out the week after, this comes out the same day as gears (it's just as screwed anyway). depending on what I read about it, I might pick it up when it's like $20.

no, when the thread was made, it was the 26th. they moved the release date up a week after they saw my thread, and realized the problem they would run into.

it's the Alan Wake syndrome. while AW was a decent game, it went toe-to-toe and released the same day as Red Dead Redemption and got demolished
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.