I dont understand why everyone is hating on this game

#1WTKstuffPosted 2/9/2013 2:19:19 PM
We've seen one minute of gameplay, and everyone is already freaking out.
---
WantToKnowStuff
New Vegas FTW
#2assassin243Posted 2/9/2013 3:37:33 PM
I think thats because its by a company like Activision who are known to make not-so-great games (other then COD) and they think its just a cheap cash in of a successful tv show
#3specialkid8Posted 2/10/2013 8:19:50 AM
assassin243 posted...
I think thats because its by a company like Activision who are known to make not-so-great games (like COD) and they think its just a cheap cash in of a successful tv show

Pretty much this. If the first thing they show us to get us hyped is crappy it doesn't bode well for the game. I'm very much so in the wait and see camp, but I don't imagine this will add up to much.
#4midnyghtsson265Posted 2/11/2013 1:44:49 PM
I've wondered this too TC. I hope it's fun.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#5Shellman704Posted 2/25/2013 12:18:35 PM
I think it is because people are afraid of the creators not "getting" the source material like tell tale games did with their episodic game(s)... TTgames said in a interview that they never wanted to make a Walking Dead game where you kill tons of zombies, because that isnt what the walking dead is. The walking dead is.more about the surviors stuggule to do just that survive, and creating a walkng dead game as a shooter would not be faithful to the source material. That is a paraphrase of the quote given....

Now full disclosure, i have not seen the video being discussed here. My understanding of this game is it is a First Person Shooter. Is that right? What other details have been released about this game? Isnt it supposed to be a zombie shooting spree? I dont know but.if that is the case then that is where all the disdain for this game comes from. The gameplay isnt matching the source material.

Or am i wrong?
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- Diablo III = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, NBA 2k13, The Witcher 2 and Far Cry 3 --- Waiting For = Grand Theft Auto V
#6HDCasePosted 2/25/2013 3:14:34 PM
Yeah it's a first person shooter game with I believe some stealth elements. I think it looks all right.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#7midnyghtsson265Posted 2/25/2013 7:46:19 PM
They said the purpose is not to kill zombies but to survive and try to avoid them. The decision to go first person was strictly for the immersion. They stated it is much harder to scare people when the camera angle shows around corners and what not. I would think it's similar to Dead Island with more gunplay, less melee....but less action overall.

No one can hate on it for not getting the source material right because no one knows yet.
Haters just gonna hate.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#8PanopictonguyPosted 3/1/2013 2:42:55 PM
Did one of the developers call it a shooter or is that what gamefaqs is callingit?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#9VarcausPosted 3/1/2013 11:42:11 PM
specialkid8 posted...
I think thats because its by a company like Rockstar who are known to make not-so-great games (like GTA) and they think its just a cheap cash in.

FIXED

assassin243 posted...
Pretty much this. If the first thing they show us to get us hyped is crappy it doesn't bode well for the game. I'm very much so in the wait and see camp, but I don't imagine this will add up to much.

Good point
#10midnyghtsson265Posted 3/2/2013 7:46:19 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Did one of the developers call it a shooter or is that what gamefaqs is callingit?

The devs called it a "first person survival shooter" or something like that.
---