So what kind of game is this?

#1OrgeLambartPosted 3/4/2013 8:44:13 PM
Is it your general run of the mill FPS zombie killing game with some story mixed in. I noticed survival instinct in the title, does it have any type of survival aspect to the game or not? Is this going to be another cheap knock off on the walking dead's success or an actual decent game to play?
#2tzar_666Posted 3/4/2013 9:18:02 PM
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is a do-whatever-you-need-to-survive first-person action game that brings the deep, character-driven world of AMC's Emmy Award-winning TV series onto console gaming systems and the PC. The game follows the mysterious, crossbow-wielding survivor Daryl Dixon, brought to life by TV series star Norman Reedus, alongside his overbearing brother Merle, voiced by Michael Rooker, on a haunting, unforgiving journey across the Georgia countryside. Players will need to tread carefully on this desperate quest, scrounging for food, water, and ammunition to survive against nightmares both living and undead.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#3midnyghtsson265Posted 3/5/2013 7:18:32 AM
I hate their generic game summary. Not even telling what the game actually IS! I hate this lack of info...makes me really suspicious.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#4OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:01:28 AM
nice so you just copy and pasted the game description from the home page. Anyone else have an idea what kind of game this is? I saw the video they released and *snickers* read the description on the home page, but lets be honest that's promtional talk.

Anyone with additional information about the game, outside of the video and the promtional talking head?
#5DarquePosted 3/5/2013 10:15:23 AM
I think that's all we know.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#6OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:33:04 PM
ahh ok, I know with some games information gets released to some smaller and overseas mags which is never seen in the U.S.

Only having that bit of information makes me kind of leary about picking up the game.
#7DarquePosted 3/5/2013 5:05:43 PM
I kinda wonder if they're keeping their cards close, as it were, due to the praise TTG's game got.

They might be afraid of having the obvious comparison that will come happening too soon before launch.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#8MK_GodPosted 3/7/2013 2:32:22 AM
It'd be kind of cool if it was like DayZ, but a Walking Dead edition. Of course a lot would probably be cut out but still, with the same basics, it would be awesome!
---
watch HodgeTwins aka Lord Keith and Lord Kevin aka Mr. Striations & Mr. Feathers aka Twin Muscle Workout aka Fasting Twins
#9midnyghtsson265Posted 3/7/2013 6:44:45 AM
MK_God posted...
It'd be kind of cool if it was like DayZ, but a Walking Dead edition. Of course a lot would probably be cut out but still, with the same basics, it would be awesome!

That was my first thought but I doubt it is. We need something similar to Day Z on consoles!
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#10OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 1:15:23 PM
midnyghtsson265 posted...
MK_God posted...

That was my first thought but I doubt it is. We need something similar to Day Z on consoles!

Soon enough you'll get State of Decay.