My detailed review (non-spolier)

#11pots555Posted 3/16/2013 4:54:28 PM
G1243 posted...
I just beat the game.

It was better than I expected (better than Aliens Colonial Marines), but still it is not a game I recommend. Ask yourself, if it didn't have "The Walking Dead" title to it, would it still be a good game?

The answer is 'No'. It's basic and generic as can be. It's clear Activision / Terminal Reality made this game without much depth; and only to cash in on the TV series, and rushed this out to coincide with it.

Daryl's voice acting was average, but Merle's VA is pretty good and convincing. The secondary survivor characters are not bad, either. But the story is non-existent, and that's the main problem. All the game really is, is finding supplies, and fuel. Go from this town, to that town.

Even though there are multiple towns/paths you can take, it's all the same. I don't care about replaying it because there really isn't much to offer here, and so I'd prefer TT's TWD point-and-click game to this one.

Can you please tell me how long was your playthrough? Thanks.
#12G1243Posted 3/16/2013 5:13:10 PM
pots555 posted...
Can you please tell me how long was your playthrough? Thanks.

I started playing the game today at around Noon and beat it around 6PM. I remember because I went to Taco Bell when they opened at 11AM or so, and ate before I started playing. So 5-6 hours. I took a few breaks in-between for snacks and restroom.

Rizzman111 posted...
This is kind of random, but what is the semi auto pistol? A Glock, a Sig, what? I saw in the intro that Daryl had a Glock 17. I just want to know.

I don't think the guns are specific in the game - they just have names like semi-auto shotgun, or double-barrel shotgun. There's also Semi-Auto Rifle, then later in the game you get the Assault Rifle. Hunting rifle is one of the early ones you get.
The handguns don't have a specific name either, I just remember picking up one called High-powered Handgun. I think there's some sort of revolver you can get, too.

Zombies here are real dumb, which is good. I used my gun in an area where you want them to go, and then I ran towards another area. The zombies will go to where you fired the gun, and stay there for a long while. As long as they don't see you run from the area, you are good. This can be used when you don't have any bottles for distraction. Actually it's better than bottles, since it gets a lot more zombies to a specific area.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#13durangodanPosted 3/16/2013 5:24:05 PM
At last, a silenced gun! Thanks for the info.

Sounds good so far, though the length seems short. I guess that would depend on the route you take at the start. Some questions

Are there multiple paths after each stop?

On the side missions where other people go off to collect supplies, can you go with them or do them yourself?

Does killing zombies benefit you in any way other than survival - do they drop ammo or anything?
---
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
psn: durangodan76
#14G1243Posted 3/16/2013 6:13:08 PM
durangodan posted...
At last, a silenced gun! Thanks for the info.

Sounds good so far, though the length seems short. I guess that would depend on the route you take at the start. Some questions

Are there multiple paths after each stop?

On the side missions where other people go off to collect supplies, can you go with them or do them yourself?

Does killing zombies benefit you in any way other than survival - do they drop ammo or anything?

No, it's not multiple paths, its' one or the other (there are only two choices). And it's not for every stop, but for a lot of them.

You can't go with survivors. You can only send them on their way to get supplies, and give them something to protect themselves. For me, it's better if they stay in the car, so their survival rate is guaranteed, so you can get the relic for saving them at the end of the game. You can always get supplies on the road yourself (unmarked locations).

Kill zombies does absolutely nothing, they disappear from the ground. If you leave an area long enough, they will respawn, so its only temporary.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#15stargazer1981Posted 3/16/2013 6:16:26 PM
G1243 posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
The only two things I care about are: how long does it take to acquire the crossbow? And can you retrieve your bolts?

You can retrieve bolts. But the crossbow takes a long time to reload. You don't get the crossbow until about 75% of the way through.

After you beat the game, you can start a New Game with the crossbow in your inventory. You have to activate a Relic (which you unlock after beating the game once) for this to happen. You can unlock other Relics by saving survivors.

I saved Blake early on, and unlocked Silenced Pistol and Rifle, which I prefer more. Unlock all Relics to get Infinite Ammo Relic. However, you can only use one Relic per New Game.

I give this game a 6 out of 10. It's a straight rental game, not one you are gonna cherish in your game library, even with the "Walking Dead" brand on it.

Thanks for the reply.

As long as I can pop a walker in the dome, retrieve the bolt, switch to a melee weapon, kill some more walkers, reload my crossbow, lather, rinse, repeat, and the hit detection is solid, I'm golden like a shower (what does that meeeeean?)
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#16sexxyboyyPosted 3/16/2013 6:39:17 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
G1243 posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
The only two things I care about are: how long does it take to acquire the crossbow? And can you retrieve your bolts?

You can retrieve bolts. But the crossbow takes a long time to reload. You don't get the crossbow until about 75% of the way through.

After you beat the game, you can start a New Game with the crossbow in your inventory. You have to activate a Relic (which you unlock after beating the game once) for this to happen. You can unlock other Relics by saving survivors.

I saved Blake early on, and unlocked Silenced Pistol and Rifle, which I prefer more. Unlock all Relics to get Infinite Ammo Relic. However, you can only use one Relic per New Game.

I give this game a 6 out of 10. It's a straight rental game, not one you are gonna cherish in your game library, even with the "Walking Dead" brand on it.

Thanks for the reply.

As long as I can pop a walker in the dome, retrieve the bolt, switch to a melee weapon, kill some more walkers, reload my crossbow, lather, rinse, repeat, and the hit detection is solid, I'm golden like a shower (what does that meeeeean?)

Do you really want to know what that means?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as my saviour and am 100% proud of it.
#17durangodanPosted 3/16/2013 7:38:50 PM
Thanks for the info G1243. Almost preordered - couple more questions:

So if there are multiple paths through the game, does this mean different locations and missions, or do you always arrive at the same stop regardless. I'm just wondering how much the game alters depending on the path taken

Do you get multiple missions and have an area to cover and tick them off (like Dead Island) - or is it more like one mission at a time and move on.

Generally, how tough is the game and are there different difficulty settings.

Thanks
---
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
psn: durangodan76
#18Rizzman111Posted 3/16/2013 7:42:37 PM
Derp.
---
Revan