What's the Best Xbox 360 Zombie Game?

#1tylerb_13Posted 3/18/2013 11:00:31 PM
So suddenly I'm itching for a good zombie game and I'm trying to decide what to get. I've already played Telltale's Walking Dead and that was good but I want to play one of the action games. I've been looking over:
-Dead Island
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Dead Rising 2
-RDR Undead Nightmare
-(potentially this game, but I'm not expecting it to be of the same scope as the above games)

Were there any other zombie games I missed? What I'm looking for I suppose is just the best balance between a good story and the best gameplay, but really I'm looking for something that really captures the feel & atmosphere of a zombie survival horror.

I don't care about multiplayer (which I know was a big selling point of L4D) and so I was looking at Dead Island (and possibly leaning that way) although I brought up one random gameplay trailer and it showed these zombies absolutely sprinting toward the character, which kind of seemed lame for how I'm used to Walking Dead style classic zombies, and Dead Rising I know features crowds of regular zombies but the gameplay seems a little silly/over the top. I don't know much about L4D2 or Undead Nightmare (I played and enjoyed RDR but never got around to the DLC).

I've also already played Alan Wake (favorite game of the generation) and Dead Space, if you count those as zombie games.
---
lost.
#2ghstbstrPosted 3/18/2013 11:44:28 PM(edited)
My favorite zombie game has been and may always be the Dead Rising games.
They have been and so far still the best zombie games. Everyhing about them are really nicely done, and there is just soo much to do in each game in the series.
Chuck Greene is okay and cool, but Frank West is just one of the best characters in a video game.

---
GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!
#3greedylungsPosted 3/18/2013 11:45:48 PM
Left 4 dead 2 is my fav zombie game ever.
---
I don't have a PC or laptop just my smart phone and a random wi fi from some random house near me :)
#4TearsfoUniversePosted 3/19/2013 12:10:25 AM
left 4 dead if you play pc

dead rising if you play xbox
---
The war has begun, but there is still so much cake and other things to burn
#5tzar_666Posted 3/19/2013 12:53:19 AM
dead rising is ok. to short there "3 days" isnt
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#6craigjocelyn92Posted 3/19/2013 2:07:28 AM
Tc you should check out State of Decay. Its not yet out though.
#7desiboPosted 3/19/2013 2:58:56 AM
Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, I would recommend Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, but we won't talk about that. Anyway, if your wanting good action with decent story, go with RE5 or RE6. Their both based on co-op, but can be played with the AI alone.
---
In three words I can sum up everything I've heard about life: It goes on. -Robert Frost.
#8TearsfoUniversePosted 3/19/2013 3:03:55 AM
desibo posted...
Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, I would recommend Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, but we won't talk about that. Anyway, if your wanting good action with decent story, go with RE5 or RE6. Their both based on co-op, but can be played with the AI alone.

he can get re4 on the marketplace
---
#9TearsfoUniversePosted 3/19/2013 3:08:04 AM
tzar_666 posted...
dead rising is ok. to short there "3 days" isnt

yes but dead rising 2 is 4 days plus overtime mode and off the record brings back sandbox mode which is unlimited time to play
---
#10voiceofopinionPosted 3/19/2013 4:04:08 AM
I love them all except for the Indie zombie games. some of em are ok but when Microsoft shutdown there servers for the 360 5 to 6 years down the line You cant play Indei Games off line so to me they are useless and obsolete.

Also, I still which someone would make a Zombie Survival were it takes place as the Virus or Breakout is starting to happen. Not Days or Months or years after it happend.
Been in a city as it is starting to happen would be the ultimate experience.
Then you can try to fight your way out meet up with outhers an make you way to the country side and survive.
---
Thevoiceofmyownopinon.