Kotaku Review: Worst Game so far this year...

#31KyerofoxPosted 3/20/2013 4:26:44 PM
Saintx13 posted...
obishawn posted...
Interesting how they bash the game without explaining what it is they dislike about the game. Seems like the average hater that posts on this board.

I'm playing the game and couldn't disagree with this review more.

Either you have a severe lack of reading comprehension or you just didn't read the review.

Question, what didn't he explain specifically that he hated on?

You're obviously not reading either, its Kotaku =\
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#32Saintx13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:45:14 PM
Kyerofox posted...
Saintx13 posted...
obishawn posted...
Interesting how they bash the game without explaining what it is they dislike about the game. Seems like the average hater that posts on this board.

Either you have a severe lack of reading comprehension or you just didn't read the review.

Question, what didn't he explain specifically that he hated on?

You're obviously not reading either, its Kotaku =\

I read it just fine. Seems consistent with what all other non-fanboys are saying as well as the other sites that have dropped reviews.
#33Shadow128Posted 3/20/2013 4:45:51 PM
obishawn posted...
Its called Survival Instinct, yet his instinct was to rush through the levels and get swamped with enemies. He faults the game for him being an idiot.

Then the game shouldn't reward you for playing it in such a manner, it's simply terrible game design.

When I played it, I started out stealthy and went around collecting every resource because I knew that is how they wanted me to play it; however, the game is so easy that I found myself constantly sitting on piles of ammo and health items that I ended up having to throw out because of the inventory slots. The easiness of it, combined with not punishing the player for doing reckless, stupid things, makes it seem like they wanted the players to play it like they would any crappy COD game.

If a developer wants you to play through a game in a certain manner, they need to express that through the game's design, not its title. Games like these are bad not because of a lack of production value, but because they're inherently flawed in their mechanics and the design of the game is lazy and poorly thought out.
#34Kilik212Posted 3/20/2013 5:00:24 PM
I actually wanna give this game a shot I love the survival horror genre and just about anything with zombies in it. I'm going to rent it though
---
I am the master of my abilities, I think.
#35ZyloWolfBanePosted 3/20/2013 5:39:26 PM
obishawn posted...

Ironic post is ironic.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#36Topdog75Posted 3/20/2013 5:56:39 PM(edited)
Kilik212 posted...
I actually wanna give this game a shot I love the survival horror genre and just about anything with zombies in it. I'm going to rent it though

I was thinking about trying this out too but I just seen a walkthrough where this guy got surrounded by about 15 zombies and instead of him instantly dying he ended up doing a mini game where the zombies lined up to be stabbed in the face 1 at a time... now I'm not so sure...

Edit: Here's the video I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/NWmiALqCt14?t=8m44s
---
"Marcus needs to go home and put on the rest of his damn beard." -SmokingGhost on Gears of War
#37Kr0nik2000Posted 3/20/2013 8:05:13 PM
Saintx13 posted...
Kr0nik2000 posted...
The fact that people are trying to get others to hate the game so badly makes me love it even more. I would of paid 100 dollars for this game if it meant pissing you haters off more. -with love, A Walking Dead fanboy

I don't think there is much trying involved. There are two kinds of people.

1) People that are not fooled and did not buy it.

2) People who rushed out and bought it, feel stupid, and are trying to justify their purchase.

Might I add a true Walking Dead fan cringes at the game. I've seen it said on multiple forums/sites. They all wanted something better and expected something more than a pile of crap.

This is the ONLY forum on the internet I have run across where people are saying this game is good. Those are the same people who fall into the second category mentioned above.

I don't feel stupid at all actually. I have the money to blow. $50.00 is not all that much to me. I'm just a casual gamer who happened to enjoy it. Was there more potential in the title if the worked on it more? Absolutely. However I don't blame Terminal Reality developers for an upper management mistake. I still enjoyed the game though. If I had fun playing it then to hell w everyone else. Loved it while it lasted. Only complaint is I wish it were longer and gotten a bit deeper into the story.
#38Mario_BonesPosted 3/20/2013 11:48:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39atomsteelePosted 3/21/2013 2:27:56 AM
This game was a hastily made cash grab and if Walking Dead wasn't in the title this board would burn for all the flaming. Face it.
#40The_DjokerPosted 3/21/2013 5:11:20 AM

peple like you is the reason why garbage games like this keep getting made because theres people out there with **** taste who will buy and play anything.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png