IGN Review Score 4.5 out of 10! "Shoot It In The Head"

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
  3. IGN Review Score 4.5 out of 10! "Shoot It In The Head"
2 years ago#1
And thatís the long and short of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Ė it couldíve been so much more. It has the actors from the show, itís tied into a cool universe, and it mashes up Oregon Trail elements with a thinking manís FPS. It just doesnít do anything with this stuff. Itís a half-baked attempt at a game that can be fun in the occasional spooky part, but ends up under-delivering in every way.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/the-walking-dead-survival-instinct-review
2 years ago#2
Greg Miller is the worst video game reviewer I've ever seen. I seriously can't stand him. He's so annoying.

**** Activision, too.
---
Opinions aren't facts. Why is that so difficult for the world to comprehend?
It's disturbing how hostile people on the Internet are. It's unnecessary.
2 years ago#3
Frost_Man posted...
Greg Miller is the worst video game reviewer I've ever seen. I seriously can't stand him. He's so annoying.

**** Activision, too.

your saying this game deserves a better score?

what score would you give it?
2 years ago#4
Frost_Man posted...

**** Activision, too.

You're a fool to think this is Activision's fault. They're the publisher, not the developer.
2 years ago#5
You're enjoying yourself way too much Saint.
---
Jill Valentine > You
2 years ago#6
Frost_Man posted...

**** Activision, too.

your saying this game deserves a better score?

what score would you give it?

Not at all. I'm just voicing my hatred for Greg Miller. I've never played the game.
---
2 years ago#7
Frost_Man posted...

**** Activision, too.

You're a fool to think this is Activision's fault. They're the publisher, not the developer.

Even so, I can imagine the pressure Activision put on Terminal Reality to pump out the game by this time period, not giving a damn about how bad it would be if it was rushed. They're out for the almighty dollar, not a quality product.
---
2 years ago#8
AtlasHarpoon posted...
Frost_Man posted...

**** Activision, too.

Depends on who was funding it.
---
Jill Valentine > You
2 years ago#9
After playing it it's clear it was made to follow the TV series. Mostly stealth and selective and careful use of firearms. I'm on my second play through and it's guns a blazing.

It's also clear most commercial reviews and ratings are worthless for every game,
2 years ago#10
This game was in development for less than a year.
Activision wanted the game done before then.
It damn well is Activision's fault.
Had they given the Developer another year, this could have been a good game.
But Activision just wanted to take advantage of the franchise name "the Walking Dead", and didn't give a damn how good or poor the game was.

Activision is one of the worst game companies in the industry.

And I have never been one of the Activision haters, until I found out just how long they allowed this game to be in development.
Less than one year.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
  3. IGN Review Score 4.5 out of 10! "Shoot It In The Head"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived