Anyone saying this is better than Telltale's game......

#21Sith JediPosted 3/25/2013 5:02:11 PM
dudeitscool posted...
The Telltale game was great for non ADD people who like story focus. The game is trashed by the same people who trash Heavy Rain.

Because what the world needs is more mindless games.

No wonder good story games are rare these days.

Telltales Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, and Alan Wake are the only games so far this gen with a great story.

I don't consider Uncharted a great story, it's basically Indiana Jones in today's times.

Assassin's Creed series, Lost Odyssey, Arkham series, Red Dead Redemption and many others have great stories...and LO gets bonus points for the 40+ short stories in the game.

Interesting that you put Alan Wake up with those two...it's been in my backlog for quite a while, I'll have to get around to playing it soon.

And I'll probably get some crap for this but...some of the CoD games this gen actually have pretty damn good stories. It's too bad so many people never even touch the single player in those games.
#22brunbbmercPosted 3/25/2013 6:03:38 PM(edited)
dudeitscool posted...
The Telltale game was great for non ADD people who like story focus. The game is trashed by the same people who trash Heavy Rain.

Telltales Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, and Alan Wake are the only games so far this gen with a great story.

I don't consider Uncharted a great story, it's basically Indiana Jones in today's times.

spec ops the line. and deadly premonition. and condemned 1 was good
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
http://www.gif-man.com/Animatedgifs/Spinning-SkullRedEyes.gif
#23Strakadh_OFPosted 3/25/2013 6:31:56 PM
dudeitscool posted...

QFT

I enjoy almost all kinds of games but really FPS/TPS games are a dime a dozen, TTG was an incredible game that shouldnt even be compared. Its in its own genre, a game that to me really shines for what it is and does an excellent job of doing what the makers wanted.

You may not be crazy about it but if you truly prefer the mindless cess the industry has been flooded with to something unique and well made as TTG and dont see what a great game it is then chances are you have little taste in good games of any type and your opinion of the whole thing isnt worth much.
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#24Cosmic MayhemPosted 3/25/2013 7:29:33 PM
The Telltale game has it's problems. Check out the XBOX support forum for the game. The retail version was basically broken. I had to bring it back and get my money back because it was unplayable.

That being said I downloaded it off Steam instead. I still had ANNOYING save game glitches, but managed to beat the entire game and it truly was an awesome experience.

As far as I'm concerned the Telltale game was the buggiest game I played in 2012.
---
Hold your fire! Hold your fire! It's only a squirrel. He's got something in his hand! -\o_o/-
#25dudeitscoolPosted 3/26/2013 6:58:03 AM
Cosmic Mayhem posted...
The Telltale game has it's problems. Check out the XBOX support forum for the game. The retail version was basically broken. I had to bring it back and get my money back because it was unplayable.

That being said I downloaded it off Steam instead. I still had ANNOYING save game glitches, but managed to beat the entire game and it truly was an awesome experience.

As far as I'm concerned the Telltale game was the buggiest game I played in 2012.

I played it on the PS3 without any issues, not sure if the Xbox and PC versions had issues but when it was ported to PS3 those bugs sort of fell by the wayside. I am no programmer so of course it's all guesswork on my end.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#26Sega9599Posted 3/27/2013 3:09:02 AM
dudeitscool posted...

Telltakes Walking Dead. Yay!

Heavy Rain. Eh...not too bad.

Alan Wake? What the......... a bad game to me. Maybe that's unfair, because I'm judging it by Silent Hill 2.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#27AWorldUnited(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:35:17 PM
Devilanse333 posted...
Anyone who gets emotionally upset enough to post a topic like this secretly loves the game, and is trying to look "cool".

TC...get dictionary...learn what opinion means.

how about no not negative. The reason I made this topic was because this game is a terrible terrible terrible bug infested ridiculous artificial intelligence money grab of The Walking Dead name. And I also take serious issue with the children of the Internet who think that mindless head shots are/ is better than quality storytelling.
#28bleeding_violetPosted 4/6/2013 5:49:25 PM
AWorldUnited posted...
Devilanse333 posted...
Anyone who gets emotionally upset enough to post a topic like this secretly loves the game, and is trying to look "cool".

TC...get dictionary...learn what opinion means.

how about no not negative. The reason I made this topic was because this game is a terrible terrible terrible bug infested ridiculous artificial intelligence money grab of The Walking Dead name. And I also take serious issue with the children of the Internet who think that mindless head shots are/ is better than quality storytelling.

So you never got that dictionary to figure out what the difference between opinion and fact are did you? I love this game despite all of the flaws that you want everyone to believe it has. Zombies attack me all the time in this game. I have come across "death twitching" glitches that happen after you shoot a zombie in the head with the crossbow. But its nothing gamebreaking and not really much of a problem at all.

Also who said that headshots are better than storytelling? Maybe you're a child because you just wander into the middle of a conversation and don't even realize that there is more to this game than what you perceive it to be. If you don't like it thats cool but I like both games and I still haven't finished the TTG Walking Dead game. I have however finished this game and as a fan of the tv show I really liked what story was here in this game. If they were to sit there and have huge segments in between levels in this game just to tell more of the story it would have broken up the pacing of the game.

Also Cash Grab? You d@#$less internet nerds really need to stop it with all your "cool" internet lingo. If a game is released for free with no intent of making money than the people who spent the millions of dollars on licensing fees, character voice work and the thousands of hours of programming would be pretty stupid wouldn't they?

Cash Grab, pfft what an idiot. Its not free to make video games why should it be free to play them and own them? Even if this isn't a game you want to spend your money on there is an option for that, don't buy it and shut the %^$# up about it. No ones forcing you to A) buy it B) play it or C) come on Gamefaqs to compare it to a game that has nothing to do with it other than the fact that there is a tv show and graphic novel series with the same name out there. And in essence troll people who like one game better than another. Because you are basically trying to tell people that your "OPINION" is more valid than theirs is which it most certainly isn't.

I have never bought a Call of Duty game but I don't go on the COD boards to troll people talking about how Mortal Kombat 9 is a much better multiplayer game do I? No and do you know why? Its a waste of time ...... and childish as well as disrespectful and they have every right to like a game that I don't care at all about.

I hope maybe you get down off your high horse about this. Its truly a pointless topic and its annoying that you felt you had to "bump" it.
#29overkill_78Posted 4/7/2013 9:29:33 AM
Also Cash Grab? You d@#$less internet nerds really need to stop it with all your "cool" internet lingo. If a game is released for free with no intent of making money than the people who spent the millions of dollars on licensing fees, character voice work and the thousands of hours of programming would be pretty stupid wouldn't they?

No, it's a cash grab because it's clearly an unfinished game that they wanted to release before TV SHOW SPOILERS Merle died. If they had more time to work on it it would have been a fine game, but since Activision wanted it out the door while TWD was hot and before the aforementioned spoiler, it's a buggy mess.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#30bleeding_violetPosted 4/7/2013 1:28:16 PM
overkill_78 posted...

No, it's a cash grab because it's clearly an unfinished game that they wanted to release before TV SHOW SPOILERS Merle died. If they had more time to work on it it would have been a fine game, but since Activision wanted it out the door while TWD was hot and before the aforementioned spoiler, it's a buggy mess.

I have yet to experience any real "glitches". The only thing that I can even remotely understand people really disliking about this game is the weird zombie grapple mechanism. Even though I am used to it now, and I kind of find it endearing I could see why people would think this is stupid and really maybe even dumbs down the gameplay.

Sure with more time they could have implemented more cool ideas, but what is there seems to be well done and basically just fun.