Why does everyone keep calling them Biters and Eaters?

#1CalistoCoonPosted 3/25/2013 5:29:33 PM
I think Slappers is far more accurate. Unless you're from the U.K.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2atomsteelePosted 3/25/2013 6:10:39 PM
Why not "rotters"?
#3metroidman92Posted 3/25/2013 6:53:14 PM
...because their main plan of attack is to bite?
---
This exchange is over.
#4CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:09:17 PM
metroidman92 posted...
...because their main plan of attack is to bite?

I dunno, I think I get slapped far more.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#5VarronPosted 3/25/2013 7:57:32 PM
I call the Uglies.
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#6bleeding_violetPosted 3/26/2013 3:21:44 AM
I get why they don't call them walkers in this game. Its right after everything happened and people are still not sure what universal name to give them. So everyone naturally makes up their own.

I thought it was weird when I first started watching the show and people were calling them "walkers". It sounded kind of stupid at the time that no one really was calling them zombies. Almost like in this alternate reality there were never movies or anything about monsters called "Zombies". I got over it though because I like the show alot.
#7AlexFiliPosted 3/26/2013 4:05:54 AM
What about geeks?
---
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5450 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#8PingPong5361Posted 3/26/2013 10:08:44 PM
bleeding_violet posted...
I thought it was weird when I first started watching the show and people were calling them "walkers". It sounded kind of stupid at the time that no one really was calling them zombies. Almost like in this alternate reality there were never movies or anything about monsters called "Zombies".

It's just their usual schtick to call them everything under the sun but zombies. It's their way of standing out.

Also, as far as the alternate reality comment, I actually find that I have a better time if I delve into TWD (or any zombie film/show/game/whatever) with the mindset that these people have little-to-no experience or knowledge of zombies like we do from their huge presence in our culture.
---
Guess who brought a jet to a gunfight?
#9bleeding_violetPosted 3/27/2013 2:20:59 AM
PingPong5361 posted...
bleeding_violet posted...
I thought it was weird when I first started watching the show and people were calling them "walkers". It sounded kind of stupid at the time that no one really was calling them zombies. Almost like in this alternate reality there were never movies or anything about monsters called "Zombies".

It's just their usual schtick to call them everything under the sun but zombies. It's their way of standing out.

Also, as far as the alternate reality comment, I actually find that I have a better time if I delve into TWD (or any zombie film/show/game/whatever) with the mindset that these people have little-to-no experience or knowledge of zombies like we do from their huge presence in our culture.

I figured that was their angle but its pretty weird anyways. I think they stand out as the only real Zombie apocalypse show on tv anyways that I have seen, and plus the characters are way better than people give them credit for.

And yes everyone having preconceived notions of what zombies are in movies can be pretty annoying too, unless its something like Zombieland (I think that was the name of it) with Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg. That movie was alot of fun :)
#10Cooro16Posted 3/28/2013 3:43:18 PM
Walking Dead universe there are no zombies, in the pop culture there has never been a single zombie movie or anything. Its technically the "first ever zombie/s ever".