Land of the Dead

#1opiPosted 3/25/2013 8:51:08 PM
I've been watching Youtube videos of this game, and it reminds me a LOT of Land of the Dead : Road to Fiddler's Green, for the original Xbox. It's one of those games that's NOT backwards compatable, so all you new gen'ers probably haven't played it.

Looks similar to that. Which, though it was a basic game and not visually stunning or story compeling, was fun to play. Melee'ing zombies FPS style YEARS before L4D2...

Would you all say this game is similar - not beautiful, but good melee effects on zombies, and enough to do to keep you busy, but have fun?

opi
---
GT: The DaddyDoodle
#2HenryjkslPosted 3/25/2013 9:23:00 PM
I had a ton of fun with it. The gameplay isn't too similar to LotD. If I remember correctly they didn't through too many zombies at you at one time in that game. This one, you can get swarmed. The melee combat is similar, more stealth based though. I think the closest game to Survival Instincts would be Condemened. The levels have a level of exploration similar to Condemned.

Bottom line: if you had fun with Land of the Dead, I'm sure you'll enjoy this one
#3opi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 9:29:27 PM
Sounds excellent. One last thing I didn't see on the message boards - about how LONG is the game? Assuming I casually play, explore a bit, but don't freak about getting everything?

I understand there's reasons to play through multiple times, I just want to know are they 6-hr times, 30-hr times, or 60+ hour times?

opi
---
GT: The DaddyDoodle
#4HenryjkslPosted 3/25/2013 11:32:04 PM
One play through is about 5-6 hour if you're looking everywhere. Because there are branching paths, if you do a second play through there is a fair amount of new content (3 or 4 levels).
#5magemaximusPosted 3/26/2013 1:09:32 AM
i actually played that game after playing some of this game. i got off of it about 3 min into the game.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#6HenryjkslPosted 3/26/2013 12:35:44 PM
Land of the Dead or Condemned?
#7TheRobPosted 3/26/2013 2:28:20 PM
Land of the Dead : Road to Fiddler's Green is also on the PC, so people could also play it that way if they wanted. It probably isn't too demanding on computers these days, I don't think it was either back then. There was a site dedicated to patching and modding it too, not sure if it's still around.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#8fceurichPosted 3/30/2013 7:08:58 PM
to my surprise I totally forgot I had land of the dead so I put it in my old xbox it looks awful on my hdtv:( and then in my 360 and it isn't backwards compatible which is a real bummer
#9HeaziePosted 3/31/2013 10:43:46 AM
I liked both this game AND Land of the Dead. I don't need A++ games all the time. Even these types of games can be good.
---
XBL: Zombie Heazie <()-------()> Pokemon White Friend Code: 4856 5776 2374
http://www.youtube.com/user/Heazie