I own this game and I can't believe it

#1bleeding_violetPosted 4/4/2013 11:57:32 PM
I actually really like it.

The haters were wrong, the critics were just doing what they were supposed to do and the trolls are still doing what they do best.

And they are entitled to their opinions, even if they don't represent everyone elses.

But for me this game was alot of fun. I can't believe I ever even bothered listening to all the trolls. I'm not a fan of most of whats popular in games these days. I liked the graphics I liked the gameplay and most of all I'm just happy that I played it all the way through instead of just saying "oh man this kind of plays like a typical FPS" and deciding I didn't like it.

I am definitely planning on playing it through again, at least a few more times to get all the relics and maybe all the achievements and what not. I'm still surprised how much hate this game has gotten after playing it until the end. I would have had fun with this one even if I wasn't a Walking Dead fan. It reminds me alot of games like Tenchu and other different games that aren't always well liked but I end up liking more than most of generic garbage that is forced down everyone elses throats because of the elitist gaming nerd masses. Thank goodness not every game coming out is always strictly for that type of fan base. I have fun with so many different types of games that I'm glad there are still companies willing to make games that are just fun.

I did have two minor complaints initially. The only problem I ever had with the graphics was really minor. When I first started playing I couldn't always tell the walkers really far away because of the color scheme and they blended in with the backgrounds in the outdoors stages. And the other was the weird grapple mechanic where you get passed between walkers when surrounded, but now I actually enjoy that. Its just a weird quirky part of this game that has grown on me and its kind of like a fun mini game.

And I do have another complaint that I have with most zombie games (especially left4dead and Resident Evil) but its not as bad as in other games. The zombies repeat after awhile, I would have liked for there to have been more variety maybe have them all with slightly different colored clothes or different skin color or levels of decomposition or something. There were alot of zombies looking EXACTLY the same. Thats my only real complaint, i haven't experienced any real glitches or anything else. Its just a really fun game, and basically thats all I wanted. It was WAY better than I was hoping for and now I'm going to actually use my Preorder code that I held onto in case all the trolls were right. 40 plus dollars very well spent.
#2MaydayPosted 4/5/2013 4:52:52 AM
I just finished my fourth time through and I still can't get enough of it. I'm enjoying exploring alternate paths on certain levels like going through the gate where the pool is in Fontana rather than walking around the other way. The relics help to open up new ways of doing things. Stealth is excellent in this game, but it can also be quite rewarding to open up with unlimited ammo, seek the high ground (usually standing on top of a pick-up truck) and just trash through a whole mob of them.
---
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son"
#3bleeding_violet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 9:51:15 AM
Yeah the gameplay is really fun, I like fighting lots of zombies at one time in this game. I was standing on a car with that new Machete and chopping off zombie arms and heads while they were trying to grab me outside of the motel in stage 3.

While I get that some people don't like this game, it is in no way broken. Different people like different things. I just happen to really like this game and I'm glad I'm not the only one.
#4DarquePosted 4/5/2013 11:29:18 AM
Personally I loved it, played it twice even.

I'd have gotten my full 1000GS in it, but Bioshock Infinite came out..... I'll likely go back to it sooner than later.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#5AddplayerPosted 4/5/2013 3:20:06 PM
It is fun. There is not much there, but what is there is fun. It is a good rental or a cheap buy. Full price is hard to say, but I'd buy it for $20-$30.

I usually do not play games a second time, but with the relics I unlocked and the towns I missed...I stuck it out for another playthrough.
---
AWESOME!!!
#6HeaziePosted 4/5/2013 5:05:28 PM
I played for a little bit last week, but BioShock has taken all my time. I do intend on going back to this soon enough, I enjoyed what I played.
---
XBL: Zombie Heazie <()-------()> Pokemon White Friend Code: 4856 5776 2374
http://www.youtube.com/user/Heazie
#7ThisGuy101Posted 4/5/2013 6:03:40 PM
It's definitely a solid 7.5/10.

Also, about the grapple thing-- whenever a zombie first grabs you, you can press shove and break away. So basically after you kill a zombie, keep on pressing shove and you can break out of the grapple chain.
#8bleeding_violet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 5:18:28 PM
ThisGuy101 posted...
It's definitely a solid 7.5/10.

Also, about the grapple thing-- whenever a zombie first grabs you, you can press shove and break away. So basically after you kill a zombie, keep on pressing shove and you can break out of the grapple chain.

For me its more like a 9.5 out of 10. I know that sounds a bit high but when you like something this much its hard not to say how much you like it. I'm not even that mad about how much other people hated it even though it will keep some skeptical people from getting to enjoy this game.

I did not know about the shoving working after zombies grabbed you but I will definitely try that thanks for the tip.
#9TheYummyPosted 4/7/2013 3:29:52 PM
I really like it. I just completed my third run on it and am about to start another one. I dont understand what everyone was complaining about. The controls work just fine and its perfectly playable. I havent run into any glitches or bugs unlike many other AAA games ive played. Its just a fun little game to kill an afternoon with.
#10MrLPosted 4/7/2013 3:48:09 PM
Yeah the graphics look pretty nice tbh and the animations seem fine, sure maybe the zombie AI has a few problems but overall looks a good game 7/10