Is it worth it to send out survivors?

#1David_Mills7Posted 4/19/2013 1:50:36 PM
My survivors keep dying whenever I send them out for supplies. Even when I arm them with weapons of their preference and making sure their condition is full.

Do they lose health randomly or is it based off of the time I spend on a level? I've started to just leave them in the car.

I'm still on my first playthrough so I'm a little green on the details of this game so far.

Thanks,
#2DarquePosted 4/19/2013 2:17:11 PM
I think it's based on the "danger" level.

I'm going to have to sacrifice 5 for that achievement.... I've never lost one in three plays.... XD
---
Jill Valentine > You
#3bleeding_violetPosted 4/19/2013 6:37:33 PM
In order to get one (or a couple of the achievements actually) you want survivors to get hurt and die sometimes.

SPOILER ALERT One of the secret achievements is to have 5 of your survivors die. The other is to heal survivors 25 times.

And yes Darque is right the danger level percentage when it is higher means the probability of your survivor dying is higher or being injured for a higher percentage of their health.

BUT if you have like 3 survivors with plenty of weapons that you do not need that you can spare for them you have a good chance of all 3 making it back with little damage. And if you sent them out for food (which is the most important thing) they should come back with plenty for you if you need them. You could heal them to start working on that achievement where you heal 25 survivors because that and alot of the accumulative achievements carry over from different playthroughs of the game.

Hope that helps and good luck.
#4David_Mills7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:36:34 PM
Helps a lot. Thanks!
#5Cosmic MayhemPosted 4/29/2013 9:47:07 AM
I personally don't think it's worth it even though I send them out on every mission. I usually always have at least 3 people with their preferred weapons of choice. I will then send them all out for food with a 10% risk. They come back with just enough commercial MREs to heal the wounds that they aquired from getting the food. So it really doesn't seem that worth it IMO.
---
Hold your fire! Hold your fire! It's only a squirrel. He's got something in his hand! -\o_o/-
#6DarquePosted 4/29/2013 6:06:42 PM
Then take less damage. =P

All of my MREs go to my people - and they bring me tons of ammo.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#7HenryjkslPosted 4/29/2013 7:01:15 PM
I use them for gas. It helps when you're traveling slowly.
#8Cosmic MayhemPosted 4/29/2013 11:29:38 PM
Darque posted...

I didn't even need MREs for myself. This game was a cakewalk.
---
Hold your fire! Hold your fire! It's only a squirrel. He's got something in his hand! -\o_o/-
#9DarquePosted 4/30/2013 1:04:02 AM
Cosmic Mayhem posted...
Darque posted...

I didn't even need MREs for myself. This game was a cakewalk.

Then why bother sending your minions out for MREs?

Seeing as you'll have plenty already since the game is a cakewalk.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#10Cosmic MayhemPosted 4/30/2013 8:04:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
More topics from this board...
stuck walkers keep comingrysteve110/23 3:19PM