Goddamn spawning zombies

#1RyanJMcDPosted 4/19/2013 7:44:29 PM
Look, I don't mind if game is hard. I just want it to play by the same rules of physics I have to.

Up until now I've just chalked it up to "maybe there was just two of them I didn't see in that closet I walked past" or "Maybe some sleeper zombie that I beat 15 times in the head to make sure it was dead really wasn't dead and has been following me"

But now it has just gotten blantent. Like the game just doesn't care. On the stage where you first find Meryl (I guess, I keep dying before my 1st checkpoint) And zombies are warping in like Goddamn Klingon Birds of Prey. I clear out all the zombies from the 1st little area, walk through the fence, and zombies keep coming out of that store. Fine, maybe there really was 20 of them in there. I go in, make sure no more live zombies, come out, and more zombies come out of that door way. (Are they hiding in the cealing?) Now there are more zombies in that 1st area. I walk behind a dumpster, kill a zombie (and see that there are no other zombies, even sleepers) walk around to the front of the dumptser, turn around, and there is another zombie behind it.

I go to the store with people in it. 3 zombies behind a counter. Execute 1, and back up down the hall killing the other two. Go back into the room and there is another Goddamn zombie behind the counter who eats my face.

Look dammit, if you want to spawn zombies, fine. There is a whole world of them, and they apparently can fit through any space a cockroach can. Maybe the zombie air calvary dropped some off in the square I just cleaned out not 5 minutes ago. Maybe they can jump over the cars that I can't. But at least keep spawns to improbable locations. Don't spawn zombies behind me, just because I turn my back to a brick wall with 5 feet of clearance. I can understand zombies coming down an alley I cleared out because maybe they came from around the corner. But if I go into a bathroom, see there is NOTHING in there, and then get attacked from behind when I go to leave, that's bull****. Zombies are not Time Lords.
---
Jesus Christ! what the ****'s blown up now?
-Me after 6 months in Iraq
#2opiPosted 4/20/2013 3:53:54 PM
i'm with you. had to stop playing because that was too frustrating.
---
GT: The DaddyDoodle
#3bleeding_violetPosted 4/20/2013 8:40:23 PM
Well zombies respawn when you make too much noise with your weapons. So maybe using the Melee weapons to clear places out would be the wisest choice.

I can literally run through these areas, not sprint I mean just walk at full speed to get through them usually because I know the original locations of the zombies. But if I start shooting my guns they come running. If its before the area gets cleared out, all the zombies that were originally in that area come running if you start shooting afterwards then they respawn and its kind of annoying unless you wanted to fight an army of the undead.

Sometimes I actually do but only if I have enough ammo to make it through to the end of that level OR if I feel I used my supplies innapropriately (like I used to many bags of food whatever) and I want to start it from before I used everything.
#4DarquePosted 4/21/2013 1:06:12 AM
Actually in some places it might be a bug.

There was this open parking lot, early on - and every time I'd kill one another would spawn in the same place about 30 seconds later.

I mean, you'd see it appear ninja-style. XD

Haven't had it happen too many times though. XD
---
Jill Valentine > You
#5bleeding_violetPosted 4/22/2013 5:27:52 PM
Darque posted...
Actually in some places it might be a bug.

There was this open parking lot, early on - and every time I'd kill one another would spawn in the same place about 30 seconds later.

I mean, you'd see it appear ninja-style. XD

Haven't had it happen too many times though. XD

It probably is a bug then, I've never seen that. I've seen them respawning like that in herd mode once the timer is up but I haven't seen it anywhere in a "real" stage. In between towns I think they are meant to respawn but thats really all I've seen of it UNLESS you start shooting your guns then they appear on any stage at any time. Although I have completely cleared out those in between levels and shot my guns and ...... nothing happened, so maybe if it was a bug or something they sent out a secret update?

Or I'm just not lucky enough to get zombies all the time :(
#6ignorant_pantsPosted 4/23/2013 7:32:57 AM
I've had the same issues on the Fontana level.... reminds me of older CoD games where enemies would continue to respawn until you hit a certain checkpoint. Usually I'll clear out as many zombies as I can in the first section, then equip my gun and make a dash for the backdoor to the diner.... once you get in there, close the door to keep em from coming in and you should be good. Same goes for after you leave the theatre, run across to the next building where Merle is at, and quickly shut the door behind you.
#7Cosmic MayhemPosted 4/29/2013 9:14:37 AM
I've seen zombies spawn out of thin air. This doesn't break the game for me though as it's only happened a couple times. I rather enjoy constantly having to watching my back. It adds to the tense feeling of surviving the zombie apocalypse.
---
Hold your fire! Hold your fire! It's only a squirrel. He's got something in his hand! -\o_o/-
#8David_mills7Posted 5/2/2013 2:11:22 PM
I learned the hard way about noise spawing zombies. After unlocking Unlimited Ammo, I went on a killing spree with my shotgun. It gets pretty difficult with the amount of zombies that will spawn due to all of the shotgun blasts.
#9bleeding_violetPosted 5/3/2013 1:43:42 AM
David_mills7 posted...
I learned the hard way about noise spawing zombies. After unlocking Unlimited Ammo, I went on a killing spree with my shotgun. It gets pretty difficult with the amount of zombies that will spawn due to all of the shotgun blasts.

Thats true but isnt it fun to just get crazy with those zombies sometimes? I kind of feel like that was what herd mode was all about because when a new set would spawn it seemed like they automatically knew exactly where you are on the map no matter how far away they spawned from.

These are some of the things in this game that really make replays worth it.
#10David_mills7Posted 5/3/2013 1:30:31 PM
I havent really tried yet, but infinite ammo + screwing around on some maps does sound like fun.