Price Drop?

#1ResidentialEvilPosted 6/17/2013 2:35:02 PM
Anyone know if they plan to drop the price on this anytime soon?
---
Currently Playing: Various Resident Evil games waiting for RE6
#2ignorant_pantsPosted 6/17/2013 3:33:40 PM
ResidentialEvil posted...
Anyone know if they plan to drop the price on this anytime soon?

Good question... I was only charged $30 plus shipping + tax when my preorder shipped early, so I'm surprised to see it on shelves still at $50. Not TOO surprised, this is Activision we're talking about here, but still... you'd think they'd budge sooner rather than later to boost sales.
#3bleeding_violetPosted 6/17/2013 11:30:52 PM
I think part of the reason its still the price it is is just because of two things. Brand recognition and sales. It sold WAY more than all the haters were hoping it would and it does say The Walking Dead right on the front. More people will still probably buy as they realize its a game that they can buy, whether or not they have heard about this particular version of the game. Alot of people weren't even aware that this game was even out so its a surprise that so many people did buy it anyways. I loved it but so many people hated it (yes even people that never played it unfortunately hated it) that I'm suprised all that crap didn't poison the well.

Either way I would have expected the price to drop earlier JUST because of market saturation at the end of a systems life cycle and game prices no matter how good the game is or how well it initally sells. I've seen best selling games get permanent 20 dollar price drops a month or two after it comes out. But thats fine because there are so many games that come out when so many systems are in peoples homes. Its just crazy that almost any game can sell a million copies when there are so many people that own each system.
#4jhm4887Posted 6/18/2013 5:11:00 AM
Wow!. I am absolutely Amazed.
Usually that smart mouth saintx13 is usually all over this.
Wonder what happen to him,lol.
#5David_Mills7Posted 6/18/2013 10:21:13 AM
jhm4887 posted...
Wow!. I am absolutely Amazed.
Usually that smart mouth saintx13 is usually all over this.
Wonder what happen to him,lol.

Eventually, trolls move on. I couldn't imagine hanging around a board for a game that I hate just to post negative remarks. But it happens everywhere.

On topic, I see this game for $30 very often. Best Buy has it on sale from time to time. Pretty sure I saw it on sale at Target recently too. I'm not a big online shopper, but I'd imagine you could find it cheap there too.
#6dove218Posted 6/19/2013 9:54:19 PM
I just picked it up at Kmart for 21.00 (with tax) I give it a month till it drops ...I think it will be less then 30.00 bucks from now
---
find me on twitter.com/dove218 or add me on facebook.com/dove218
#7bhamacukPosted 6/22/2013 7:13:15 AM
I'm surprised that this hasn't had a price drop considering its been out a while and other games released around that period have gone down to over half price now.

Anyway, I I bought a copy at Blockbuster UK for 25. They regarded it as a sale price as they are selling pre-owned for 30.

Pre-owned at game and CEX is a whopping 40!!! Why?
#8ResidentialEvil(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:58:51 AM
Around here it's still $50 new. You can get it $35 used at GameStop now, but honestly after playing it that still seems too high IMHO.

I do think the only reason it's still $50 is because it has TWD on it. Most of the games released around when it was released and even some after have dropped to the $30 price range.
---
#9Darth VengerPosted 7/19/2013 6:56:06 AM
I got it for $19.99 from Amazon this week. I hear it is the same price at Gamestop. Played the first level last night. Not bad.
---
This has all happened before and will all happen again.
#10ResidentialEvil(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 11:03:40 AM
Yeah, I just checked Gamestop.com today and they have it new $19.99.

Funny that Best Buy still has it listed at $49.99; they usually drop the price at the same time as GameStop.
---