will PS3 portal work with wii U?

#1stop3Posted 9/16/2012 5:31:25 AM
They say that if you already own a portal of power, you don't need to buy a new one. But all portals of power are not the same. Will the PS3 portal of power work with the Wii U?
#2KFrosty3Posted 9/18/2012 2:05:33 PM
no one is sure yet, as it hasn't been released. I assume that the Wii portal will work on the Wii U, and since the original portal worked with PS3 I assume it would.

remember, I don't actually know, and my assumptions may be wrong.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#3the1stMoyatiaPosted 9/19/2012 10:39:17 PM
It depends, someday they might release a Skylanders Trilogy and re-release series 1, 2 and 3 as well as the new characters, light core figures and GIANT characters. These toys work on any game console so I'm sure that the portal of power will work on any device. I plugged in my PS3 portal into my computer, it's been a while since I've got around to playing Spyro's Universe.
---
Segon-Ledian/\Axx-Voo
#4EvilTrashPosted 9/27/2012 5:24:04 AM
Well, the PS3 and Wii portals are universal except to Xbox and 3DS (so in other words, they work with PS3, Wii, and PC versions of the game).

And I think Activision has either said or at least implied that you can use the Wii portal with the Wii U version, then I would have to also assume the PS3 version works with the Wii U version.

And I hope so!

I have the PS3 version of Skylanders, and want to get the Wii U version of Giants, if the portal is compatible.
#5stop3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 6:56:48 AM
Sadly, Amazon says the "Portal Owner's Pack" is not available for Wii U. Only the more expensive starter pack, which comes with a portal, is available on Wii U.
#6ElranzerPosted 10/24/2012 6:07:44 AM
Sadly, Amazon says the "Portal Owner's Pack" is not available for Wii U. Only the more expensive starter pack, which comes with a portal, is available on Wii U.

Probably because the Wii U did not technically get Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.