Alternate grabs?

#1upchucklesPosted 8/8/2013 4:14:01 AM
I was playing online last night (I'm always unarmed) and it matched me up with a trident guy. I don't know if he was trying to disconnect, forgot he had a match qued and left the room, just wanted his character dead, or if lag froze his character (has happened to me a few times), but this dude just stood there. I circled behind him an approached cautiously (I figured he would wait on me to get close then come to life) and decided to try a grab. To my amazement instead of grabbing him and doing the punch combo my guy picked him up and body slammed him. I tried to find the limit on how far around you have to be and it only works from directly behind (if just slightly off it does the standard grab). Why put this in the game it was a one in a million chance that I found someone who just stood there if your opponent is even half awake there is no chance of getting that far behind them.

Anybody else ever done an alternate grab while in combat? Ever done one at all?
---
---
psn: glad_hand
#2BardockpwnsjooPosted 8/11/2013 7:13:31 PM
upchuckles posted...
I was playing online last night (I'm always unarmed) and it matched me up with a trident guy. I don't know if he was trying to disconnect, forgot he had a match qued and left the room, just wanted his character dead, or if lag froze his character (has happened to me a few times), but this dude just stood there. I circled behind him an approached cautiously (I figured he would wait on me to get close then come to life) and decided to try a grab. To my amazement instead of grabbing him and doing the punch combo my guy picked him up and body slammed him. I tried to find the limit on how far around you have to be and it only works from directly behind (if just slightly off it does the standard grab). Why put this in the game it was a one in a million chance that I found someone who just stood there if your opponent is even half awake there is no chance of getting that far behind them.

Anybody else ever done an alternate grab while in combat? Ever done one at all?
---

Once, against the CPU. He did a slow move, I dodged around him, and pulled it off.
---
I wish the first thing I had said as a child was, "Quote". That way when I die, I could say, "Unquote".
#3FlakyPorcupinePosted 8/15/2013 11:40:10 AM
I um...think that might have been me, actually...
---
http://www.last.fm/user/FlakyPorcupine
http://rateyourmusic.com/~FlakyPorcupine|Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Son ov Dracula