looks like the best of the karting games but won't sell

#1oxman2kPosted 11/3/2012 10:19:08 AM
this looks like the best of the karting games but it's not going to sell.lbp karting will get the most sales on ps3 and on the xbox with cod and halo 4 out it has no chance.can't understand the release date will be gutted if this gets great reviews because online will be dead.
#2PeachrocksPosted 11/7/2012 3:54:12 AM
They are also competing with Sonic and Sega all stars racing transformed. There hasn't been a good karting game for a long time now and now they choose to release it in the midst of two others amongst other 'strong' titles coming out AND the Wii U?

Reminds me of Snowboard Kids 2, awesome game definitely in my personal top 5 of all time but released when the PS2 came out, it was doomed to start with.
#3MashYouGoodPosted 11/14/2012 12:16:09 PM
Unless you're awarding the prize on a weekly basis, this is FAR from the best kart racing game.
#4oxman2k(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 2:39:41 PM
yes first post before i played demo its poor sonic looks good but sounds like it has some frame-rate problems,lbp karting looks good but poor multiplayer options
#5pjnelsonPosted 12/15/2012 5:01:35 PM
This is far from a "best" kart game. While it draws names from the world's most-watched motorsport by far, forcing a Mario-Kart-style game into an F1 franchise severely limits the game. A great example of this is the generic weapons/powerups, which are just red/blue/yellow spheres. F1 doesn't have the wealth of goofy novelties to draw from for F1-specific powerups or for interesting track backdrops. It's neat taking some of the world's greatest drivers and goofing around with them in a light-hearted, whacky sort of race environment rather than the cold, serious world of Formula One, but it gets old fast.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#6ILikesCheesePosted 1/1/2013 10:23:53 AM
Why this game REALLY sucks:

1. Generic Power-Ups
2. Over abundance of said generic Power-Ups
3. No drifting.
4. Hell, forget drifting. No driving mechanics to speak of, besides over-simplified stop-go, turn left-turn right gameplay.
5. $40 instead of $10.
6. F1 racers are just not as fun to play as portly plumbers or blue hedgehogs.
7. AI bots in LIVE multiplayer matches instead of real humans. Really? REALLY?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?