Hey Codemasters...

#1d_parkerPosted 11/24/2012 2:44:31 PM
... you should have got a NASCAR license for this game.

Who the heck in North American follows F1?

Pity, we need more quality kart games.
#2bbc13Posted 11/25/2012 11:53:42 PM
I don't follow F1 close, but I really enjoy the indycars more than the nascars, there is just something about the indycars that just look better going around the tracks It must be because they have no roof on the car and also they ride closer to the ground and you can see more of the inside while they are on the track, I prefer F1 games over Nascar games anyday, I tried Nascar unleashed and although it was fun, there was only so much fun to be had, perhaps if they did something simular to the MX vs ATV series like have a F1 Vs Nascar game and it would sell alot more because it would be for fans of nascar and fans of F1.

PSN: bigbadchad13
#3Wario_manPosted 11/26/2012 9:47:05 AM
I don't follow F1 or NASCAR but I'm pretty sure there's a lot more places out there than America looking to get a racing fix soo..
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#4pjnelsonPosted 12/15/2012 6:16:32 PM
d_parker posted...
... you should have got a NASCAR license for this game.

Who the heck in North American follows F1?

Almost nobody. It's the world's most-watched motorsport by far, with at least eight times NASCAR's total fanbase worldwide, but almost none of the 600+ million F1 fans are from the US.

bbc13 posted...
...perhaps if they did something simular to the MX vs ATV series like have a F1 Vs Nascar game and it would sell alot more because it would be for fans of nascar and fans of F1.

That would cause a lot of butthurt with NASCAR fans. It would be like a fight between Junior dos Santos (UFC heavyweight champion) and Honey Boo Boo.

There are no race tracks in the world on which a Sprint Cup car could dominate or even simply keep pace with a Formula One car. On paper, if you dig up some stats, it would look like they both at least max out around the same sorts of speeds, and then you might try to argue that they would at least be closely matched on superspeedways, but this fails to take into account that F1 never races on ovals so all of their top speeds are on road courses with road course setups. F1 cars would be configured to max out quite a bit faster if they were to race on an oval. Some years back, Honda had one of their F1 cars doing over 260 MPH, just to do it.

On all tracks, whether it be road courses or ovals, the F1 cars would sail off into the sunset, with the Cup cars rapidly shrinking in their side mirrors, never to be seen again until about three or four laps later when the Cup cars are being lapped, as they would be every handful of laps. "But they're bigger, heavier, and have fenders! They can just bang into the F1 cars and take them out!" They'd have to dart across the track to get the F1 cars first, which they can't do because they're nowhere remotely near as nimble as an F1 car. An F1 car can weave across the full width of a wide track and all the way back again before a Cup car would even get half-way across the track for the first time. They'd have no problem avoiding contact with the Cup cars. It would be like cheetahs darting around a hippo.

For these reasons, I've been wanting games to pit NASCAR against F1, just to highlight how one-sided the match would be.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.