Difference between the disc version and downloaded version?

#1chrishannerPosted 2/13/2013 11:19:37 AM
Is there a difference between the two versions?

The reason I ask is that I seem to suck at my PS store downloaded version, but I'm surprisingly good on the (I assume disc) version I played in a shop.

At home, I was quite good to start with, but soon found myself unable to place anywhere in the 3000cc races, without a lot of replays. The other drivers seemed to just be going faster and I would just get demolished by constant weapon attacks

In HMV today, my wife had a go on a 3000cc course she'd never tried before, and despite doing donuts off the track for a few seconds, she still came first by about 30 seconds.

I had a try on the Belgium course, which was causing me problems at home, and not only did I win, but I finished over a minute ahead of 2nd place and I lapped three people!

I just had a quick go when I got home, and I managed a first place on my third attempt, and only by three seconds.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or is there actually a difference between the two versions?
---
"I pity the fool"-The teachings of Mr T.
#2most_games_r_okPosted 2/18/2013 8:33:59 AM
There isn't any difference.
---
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4565/mgrok.png
#3chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:18:45 PM
I thought that there might not be, but it happened again today in HMV.

I played a 3000cc race on Belgium in single race. I got a turbo start and instantly overtook the whole competition, and with using the locked shortcut, I lapped everybody and finished 1 minute and 30 seconds ahead of second place.

On my downloaded version, everyone else does a turbo start so there's no way I could overtake them like that. In a 3000cc race I would be barely keeping up with the competition. I got a similar lap time to my normal laps, but there's no way I could have lapped them all like that!
---
#4most_games_r_okPosted 2/18/2013 3:18:02 PM
Maybe HMV doesn't have the patch?

I haven't been able to find out any information on when it was released or what it actually does. Maybe it bumped up AI difficulty, though that is unlikely. You might also be experiencing controller lag. I just started today and it doesn't seem difficult at all, even on 3000cc. Roughly 2 drivers out of the entire grid actually had turbo starts, but it doesn't really matter because you can still build up an enormous gap.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Micer101.png
#5chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:41:02 PM
I tried deleting the download and reinstalling without the patch, but I didn't notice much of a difference. I didn't delete my gamesave though, not sure if it would remember it.

In my game, everyone does a turbo start, every single time, even if i don't, and theres no way of building up a lead at all. If I do ever get ahead, I'm instantly bombarded with every weapon there is!
---
#6most_games_r_okPosted 2/19/2013 3:12:23 PM
What tracks and events does this happen on?
---
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4565/mgrok.png
#7chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 4:47:55 PM
Pretty much every track in any event!!

Although now I'm slightly confused. I just gave it a go in some single races, and on a few of them they didn't all get a turbo start, and I managed to open up quite a large gap, 15-30 seconds. I even managed to get my 3000cc trophies on my last two tracks, Japan and Brazil easily, despite numerous failed attempts on previous days.

It didn't happen every time though, and still nothing like my HMV performances!!
---
#8chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 2:42:03 PM
OK, forget that.

Just tried again today, and every single race started with everybody getting a turbo start, and about 4-5 attempts just to come first. I know I'm not going to be the best at this game, but I've been a lot better than that!!

I swear this game has some kind of random number generator type difficulty, which decides if its going to screw you over or not when you switch on!!
---
#9king_ericPosted 2/22/2013 12:01:18 PM
chrishanner posted...
OK, forget that.

Just tried again today, and every single race started with everybody getting a turbo start, and about 4-5 attempts just to come first. I know I'm not going to be the best at this game, but I've been a lot better than that!!

I swear this game has some kind of random number generator type difficulty, which decides if its going to screw you over or not when you switch on!!

are you sure because your guy TeXasFight says its because people just such as he says he wins 9 out 10 of every race and what you describe and others myself included is all just down to being crap and nothing to do with a cheap crap ai?

you see TeXasFight is clearly using the cheat/glitch of restarting races he's not winning as it only makes you redo the race your on and not restart from round 1.

any fool can do that and wait for the lucky round the game's ai lets you win.
#10most_games_r_okPosted 2/22/2013 12:28:09 PM(edited)
It appears that I might look into this a bit more. Guess I'll suss it out of my rotation and do some trophy hunting tomorrow; I should be able to find out if this is truly difficult or not. Or maybe I'll just wait a month or two till I play it again.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Micer101.png