Madara's reputation is at stake (major spoilers)

#31Goku61394Posted 8/23/2012 12:38:07 PM
TheAlphaItachi posted...
Quit trying to make Naruto into Deadman Wonderland.
Naruto as the main character has already lost the 3rd hokage (father figure) Minato & Kushina (parents) Jaraiya (god father). he doesn't need to lose Tsunade (god mother figure) . and as for no major losses Atsui & Samui are sealed / Dead . Asuma basically died twice in front of ino/shika/Cho. Naruto also had to take out Pain (SIBLING Student , Clan relative) Konan died just after she turned a new leaf. Yammato is basically dead if he was used to fuel Zetsu. Itachi died twice.

No one else on the good side needs to die especially after Oro got revived through BS. and Even though i like Madara , him staying the way that he did was BS. i would've sooner accepted a Rinnegan tech or something .

but all in all the only people that should die are TOBI , Madara , Kakashi (maybe) , and the way Guy has been hinting at unleashing full 8 gates (maybe) . but other than that , no.

I thought Naruto thought of Tsunade as a grandmother?
---
"What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." - halofan9912"
I believe in Jesus Christ
#32DiogoShadowJorgPosted 8/23/2012 1:10:56 PM
Wait a second....Did TheAlphaItachi (or is he TheSuperItachi,I'm not sure anymore) just posted a post whitout criticizing Tsunade and whitout saying that everyone is wrong and only he is right because he is perfection?

Hell must be a cold place by now.

If you are not TheSuperItachi,then forget I said anything.
---
DiogoShadowJorg,the official Snow Villiers of the gamefaq boards
#33EonmasterX_JwinPosted 8/23/2012 8:46:30 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
PrinceVege101 posted...
Even if we assume that Madara cares enough to swat them, what would be the point? Killing for the sake of killing doesn't make for an interesting read.

Every death so far ended up with some sort of character development, I just don't see that happening with the Kages.

If anyone's going to die it should be Guy, just so Lee can get some screen time.

See, your last comment was preference out of convenience.

For the sake of this manga's integrity and nature, it's ridiculous to not have Madara finally kill off some Kages.

Madara is the strongest villain in this whole manga, yes, as proven by Tobi's fight so far, way stronger than him.

Even someone inferior like Orochimaru managed to kill 2 Kages.

And ninjas like Sasori also killed a Kage.

How could the absolute strongest villain in this manga not kill Kages, especially when Tsuchikage and the others won't allow Madara to leave and capture Naruto?

Ninjas like Madara and Hashirama are far beyond the level of Kage, and even 5 Kages is still nothing against 100% Madara.

The Kages already had their full development, especially Tsunade, Tsuchikage, and Raikage. There's no reason to not kill them off.

This is not some Madara fan demanding it. The SITUATION demands it.

This war is so pathetic with such a landslide victory for the alliance, with nothing but generics killed off, while the villains side, their generics AND their major ninjas have been almost entirely killed off.

When heroes in this manga have been killed off in much lesser conflict, no one can take this war seriously with major character casualties-free victory for the main heroes.

You should stop making Kage seem like a title with a set power level. The 1st hokage was a kage & he beat madara.

Kakashi was nominated to be a kage yet doesn't seem to be at the level most Kage's like Ay or Ooniki is at. But the you have Ay being dwarfed by the 3rd raikage, & Gaara 1-up'd his dad either telling me Gaara is really strong, or his dad is really weak.

I don't care if you continue saying Madara>"Anyone with the title Kage slapped on them except Hashiriama even though I literally just contradicted myself by saying that", but i just thought i'd bring it to your attention.

At the very least say "this current generation of Kages" stands no chance against Madara, bc the skills & power of Kages vary VASTLY. It seems to be more based on leadership than power. But that said, there is no such thing as a weak kage...it's just some Kages seem weak when compared to some other Kages is all...
#34KizaruOfLightPosted 8/23/2012 10:53:16 PM
So just because someone's character development is fulfilled, they should die? Get real.
---
"The life of an assassin is pain, Jun. You suffer it, you inflict it, you watch it happen, in the hope that you can help it disappear in time." - Ezio
#35Rikkus_dadPosted 8/23/2012 11:51:44 PM(edited)
I agree. Not because of Madara's reputation or anything. He's already been incredibly impressive against the 5 kage, I don't think anyone's disappointed with his skills. It's simply that someone on the alliance NEEDS - TO - DIE!!!!!! This war is so crap and pathetic. There has been absolutely no tension in any of the battles because you just know the good guys are always going to win. What kind of war is this where the enemy can't kill a single ninja that isn't fodder? They've had the most bad ass ninjas in history and they haven't done anything at all! It's ******* ridiculous. There really was absolutely NO reason for Kishi to start this war; all the extremely powerful ninjas were resurrected, but then they were beaten and sealed without any consequence. It's completely pointless. It's just been a bunch of pretty fights to drag the manga on but the story has hardly progressed since the war started considering how long it's been.

Madara seems to be the last chance for this war to carry some actual weight by killing someone important. Seriously, if even Madara; one of the greatest ninjas in history and Kabuto's trump card, infused with the power of Hashirama, does not take out out even a SINGLE important ninja...then this war has truly been one huge and pointless crap fest. Seriously Kishi, learn2war...because this is not a war.
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#36SeihyoukenPosted 8/24/2012 12:02:25 AM
Just want to throw in my two cents.

-It would extremely anti-climactic if the supposed "Fourth Great Shinobi War" that is billed as the climax of the series passes by with absolutely no significant or plot-altering losses on the protagonists side.

-Madara Uchiha doesn't necessarily need to be the one to do the killings and the Kage don't need to be the ones being killed, but the situation is a bit too convenient. Here you have one of the most devastatingly powerful antagonists in the series against a group of weakened characters that would provide the biggest impact to the story through the fewest number of deaths. On top of that, most of these potential victims have received an adequate amount of character development. The unfortunate truth is that having some of them die adds more to the plot than keeping them alive at this point. It was the same situation with Hiruzen, Asuma, and Jiraiya.

-Comparisons have been made to Gundam as if it would be a negative, which is absolutely comical. Most Gundam plotlines are the shining example of what it is the have a GOOD story. They often obtain this by featuring conflicts with as few clear distinctions between which sides are good or evil as possible. They also intentionally try to avoid romanticizing conflicts by featuring dramatic and sometimes sudden losses or deaths to the protagonist's side as well as the antagonists. It's a bit too late for Naruto to obtain the former with Naruto and the Allied Shinobi Forces already set as the clear heroes and Tobi along with Madara as the clear villains. It could still try to obtain some semblance of the latter though.
#37supershadonicPosted 8/24/2012 1:32:27 AM
Isn't he already having his rep up by toying with 5 kages as if they were cute babies?
#38AmaterasuOkamiiPosted 8/24/2012 4:41:33 AM
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
I will just say this once....

Naruto isn't freaking GUNDAM!!!!

Gundam is a good series,but it's a bit ruined by the pointless unecessary deaths and the "kill them all" plot style that is sometimes present in the GUNDAM series.

The "pointless unnecessary deaths" are very important, they exist to show you how war is. people die for no reason out of nowhere.

If those weren't there than the series wouldn't be a serious war story at all, it may as well be a super robot anime :/
#39DutchKrakenPosted 8/24/2012 5:09:56 AM
I think splitting an entire mountain in two fits Madara's reputation enough.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5273743
#40DiogoShadowJorgPosted 8/24/2012 5:14:13 AM
AmaterasuOkamii posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
I will just say this once....

Naruto isn't freaking GUNDAM!!!!

Gundam is a good series,but it's a bit ruined by the pointless unecessary deaths and the "kill them all" plot style that is sometimes present in the GUNDAM series.

The "pointless unnecessary deaths" are very important, they exist to show you how war is. people die for no reason out of nowhere.

If those weren't there than the series wouldn't be a serious war story at all, it may as well be a super robot anime :/

That's exactly why I like Original Generations more than Gundam.OG creates a balance between super robot and real robo plot style.Deaths? Yes.Unecesssary? No.Good plot? Hell Yes.
---
DiogoShadowJorg,the official Snow Villiers of the gamefaq boards