New Screenshots + Gameplay

#51Tactician_LordPosted 12/20/2012 3:52:27 PM
King_Janaff posted...
Lock0nStrat0s posted...
CC2 is such a lazy ass dev. I love how the village looks like its normal instead of destroyed. Hey lets throw in some wooden boxes :D. Smh...Oh look Chouji gameplay with Edo Asuma....OH they're just copy and pasted from Storm 2 and Chouji has a new awakening.

I kinda don't want them to change Asuma's combos. I like them the way they are honestly.

Not all characters need to be changed, just a few of them...and not of those need an entire revamp, a new jutsu or ultimate will suffice.

Choji: His combo`s can stay as they are, his jutsu too...but his Ultimate needed to change to something better.

Asuma: A new jutsu is all that`s needed for him.

Neji: I honestly think he is perfect as he is...maybe just give him a different ultimate and be done with it.

Gaara: Seriously needs a new moveset...his current moveset is outdated (he fights like he did against Deidara), a new jutsu (he never does sand tsunami, and when he does he doesn`t use it like in the game). A new ultimate too as well as a new awakening. He fights flying, never on the ground (mostly)...if they could do it for Deidara, Konan, Oonoki...then surely they can do it for Gaara.

Kankuro: New moveset, he now fights using all his puppets and his moveset should reflect that.

I think you get the idea. Not everyone needs to change, and those that do don`t need to change everything...but some change is needed in order to convey the essence of progress and improvement.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#52cuttin_in_townPosted 12/20/2012 4:20:23 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
coonslova posted...
most fighting games keep movesets for old characters exactly the same anyway

Not 3D fighting games

Tekken and Soul Caliber disagree. I'm sure Virtual Fighter falls into the same basket. Is there any game that changes movesets? Not even crossovers like MvC or Dissidia change movesets much.
---
Humans are idiots until proven intelligent.
ATTN Grammar Nazis: http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t469/kurotem/4c5fc1a3.gif
#53Tactician_LordPosted 12/20/2012 4:36:25 PM
cuttin_in_town posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
coonslova posted...

Not 3D fighting games

Tekken and Soul Caliber disagree. I'm sure Virtual Fighter falls into the same basket. Is there any game that changes movesets? Not even crossovers like MvC or Dissidia change movesets much.

No, those mostly just add to the movesets. But I think you are comparing two entirely different things for the sake of your argument. Storm games are not based on the game`s creators, the characters are not made up by the devs. This type of game rather adapts an already established media into a fighting game, and as such it needs to do a proper job of adapting it...and changing things when said media also changes things.

As a fighter it might seem like comparing this game to other 3D fighters is logical, but it`s not due to their goals. Both are trying to accomplish entirely different things and so must be judged by what they do try to do. In this case "a manga/anime adaptation". So yes, it`s absolutely logical to demand changes and contradictory to the game`s goals to not do so.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#54cuttin_in_townPosted 12/20/2012 4:41:00 PM
Adapting to media? What do you do when the characters don't do anything? Do you still update, just because?
---
ATTN Grammar Nazis: http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t469/kurotem/4c5fc1a3.gif
#55Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/20/2012 4:48:25 PM
cuttin_in_town posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
coonslova posted...

Not 3D fighting games

Actually Tekken has overhauled characters on several occasions, as has Soul Calibur. Those games change the properties and animations for moves and everyone usually gets at least 3 new attacks. They used to get way more moves with each game when they had less, but it's harder now.

The Storm series don't have much attack variety, so CC2 should change up more of the animations and propeties in a more signifant way. Every character should have at least 1 new combo animation, especially the characters who have blatantly done more in the Manga/Anime since.
#56Tactician_LordPosted 12/20/2012 4:51:00 PM
cuttin_in_town posted...
Adapting to media? What do you do when the characters don't do anything? Do you still update, just because?

If possible, then yes. IIRC, CC2 has worked on the game with the help of Kishimoto...so even if a character hasn`t shown anything new on what they adapt them from, they can still go to the source of the material. Not only that, but when you factor in that Hinata`s jutsu is filler, it informs us that CC2 will go beyond what`s canon for characters in order to improve their fighters. Which in turn means that for certain characters that may have done nothing in canon they can look for in filler.

If we take Neji as an example, he`s done nothing in canon during Part 2...except what he did recently. But, look at the filler Neji`s been in. He once, at the start of Shippuden, faced a clone of his and had to develop a new technique...which has been used in the PS2 era games but hasn`t been seen on the PS3. A simple update to his character in the form of adapting said filler move would show that CC2 is willing to go to any lengths to not keep characters outdated in any form.

Lee hasn`t used his drunken form since that one time he fought like that. That doesn`t meant though that he doesn`t have it anymore, which means that it could be implemented in different ways on the characters.

Same goes for many other characters in the game. If the canon doesn`t gives you too much to work with, go to the source material...and if that doesn`t help much then you can always resort to the filler moves or techniques that haven`t been shown since Part1, as logic dictates that they still have them. And there`s a plethora of movies to draw from for inspiration. So yes, even if the canon doesn`t give you much there is still stuff that can be adapted...specially since the games are adapting from the anime rather than the manga. Just think it for a little while before replying.
---
#57cuttin_in_townPosted 12/20/2012 4:51:21 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
cuttin_in_town posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
coonslova posted...

Not 3D fighting games

Actually Tekken has overhauled characters on several occasions, as has Soul Calibur. Those games change the properties and animations for moves and everyone usually gets at least 3 new attacks. They used to get way more moves with each game when they had less, but it's harder now.

The Storm series don't have much attack variety, so CC2 should change up more of the animations and propeties in a more signifant way. Every character should have at least 1 new combo animation, especially the characters who have blatantly done more in the Manga/Anime since.

Fair. It should be easier for CC2 since they have less to do.
---
#58TG_WolfPosted 12/20/2012 5:36:59 PM
UltimaXOmega posted...
TG_Wolf posted...
But you know what, I'm not even gonna get angry.

Fine Choji Has the same Ougi- I actually like that Ougi.
He Showed 1-1.5 combos and his grab- No guarantee he isn't changed.
Dem Butterfly wings and no-more giant stupid awakening :3

Other characters could be changed too- Asuma TBH always did have a kinda generic fighting style, maybe he has a new Ougi. That'd be cool.

I'm looking for a REASON to want to use the old characters again. I am not a fan of nostalgia unless it's expressed via retro games.

His ougi is the lamest and most useless.

Don't hate on his Ougi just cause it's one of the only 2 that can be spam chained over and over again xD
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence. Official Mu of UNS3 Board
imageshack.us/a/img211/4599/finalt.png [Furry and Proud of it ^_^]
#59WebDivx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 6:54:05 PM
TG_Wolf posted...
But you know what, I'm not even gonna get angry.

Fine Choji Has the same Ougi- I actually like that Ougi.
He Showed 1-1.5 combos and his grab- No guarantee he isn't changed.
Dem Butterfly wings and no-more giant stupid awakening :3

Other characters could be changed too- Asuma TBH always did have a kinda generic fighting style, maybe he has a new Ougi. That'd be cool.

I'm looking for a REASON to want to use the old characters again. I am not a fan of nostalgia unless it's expressed via retro games.

it's odd butterfly choji is normal sized. he should have been giant AND have wings
#60King_JanaffPosted 12/20/2012 7:50:29 PM(edited)
Tactician_Lord posted...
King_Janaff posted...
Lock0nStrat0s posted...
CC2 is such a lazy ass dev. I love how the village looks like its normal instead of destroyed. Hey lets throw in some wooden boxes :D. Smh...Oh look Chouji gameplay with Edo Asuma....OH they're just copy and pasted from Storm 2 and Chouji has a new awakening.

I kinda don't want them to change Asuma's combos. I like them the way they are honestly.

Not all characters need to be changed, just a few of them...and not of those need an entire revamp, a new jutsu or ultimate will suffice.

Choji: His combo`s can stay as they are, his jutsu too...but his Ultimate needed to change to something better.

Asuma: A new jutsu is all that`s needed for him.

Neji: I honestly think he is perfect as he is...maybe just give him a different ultimate and be done with it.

Gaara: Seriously needs a new moveset...his current moveset is outdated (he fights like he did against Deidara), a new jutsu (he never does sand tsunami, and when he does he doesn`t use it like in the game). A new ultimate too as well as a new awakening. He fights flying, never on the ground (mostly)...if they could do it for Deidara, Konan, Oonoki...then surely they can do it for Gaara.

Kankuro: New moveset, he now fights using all his puppets and his moveset should reflect that.

I think you get the idea. Not everyone needs to change, and those that do don`t need to change everything...but some change is needed in order to convey the essence of progress and improvement.

I get what you're saying. And I agree with you on those changes, especially Gaara. At the moment he is a terrible character and just a pain to use.
---
330,867 views left! Please watch and help us RB fans reach our goal->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCFV7jT9ho
Official Uchiha Itachi of the NSUNS3 Boards