C/D You would prefer Capcom to develop the next Naruto game rather than CC2

#21EJWPosted 1/5/2013 11:41:22 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...

It's like here have a four seat car, but you have to pay extra for those seat belts back there to be unlocked so they move and function properly, enjoy!

Here's a more accurate example. You're renting an apartment, but you don't have access to the washing machine in the basement unless you pay (every apartment does this).
#22RedoverlayPosted 1/5/2013 11:45:09 PM
EJW posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...

It's like here have a four seat car, but you have to pay extra for those seat belts back there to be unlocked so they move and function properly, enjoy!

Here's a more accurate example. You're renting an apartment, but you don't have access to the washing machine in the basement unless you pay (every apartment does this).

Inaccurate, since you're implying every other company does this.
---
The official Munchkin of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards.
#23Nerwrax15Posted 1/5/2013 11:45:45 PM
chaoshadou posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...
It's on the disk, it should be in the base game IMO. The price and the content it's self is fine by me.

The thing is that really doesn't change anything, it wasn't ever going to be included with your initial purchase. People seem to think that CC and other company's are cutting content at the end of the dev cycle to make a quick buck, it doesn't work like that, if only because it would cripple company relationships with each other. The only thing it affects is how much game companies have to shell out to console companies and how much time and space you have to expend to get it, which could actually increase the price, especially in our current economy.

I think people's biggest beef is having to pay for the DLC in the first place. And the Xbox crowd won't get exclusive characters, that are on the disc that hackers can play as. Which is pretty messed up.
---
Clash Of Ninja>Ultimate Ninja. Official 4th Raikage of the NSUNSG Board.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#24EJWPosted 1/5/2013 11:58:30 PM
Redoverlay posted...
EJW posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...

Inaccurate, since you're implying every other company does this.

Wrong. It's very accurate. I added that tidbit because apartments actually do this. Just sharing common knowledge. But it has nothing to do with my point which is why I added parentheses. Of course, it takes one person to try to take the smallest things out of context. I am not implying other companies do this. Don't put words in my mouth.
#25MrcTOtheJPosted 1/6/2013 12:05:14 AM(edited)
I'm good for playing for DLC, I just don't like when it's made in time to be included in the game (Read: on the the disk) if it's something that adds to the over all game things they couldn't or didn't include at first for what ever reason, or is a major expansion, like Skyrim's DLC, Shivering Isles of Oblivion, New Vegas' DLC, GTA IV's DLC, RDR's Undead Nightmare, I can keep going.

Heck I'm fine buying small things like Charictars and such unless it's when they should have been in the initial release to begin with, I don't care if the quick buck isn't their intention (Personally I think it is)

Obviously they're making more money here, they shell out less to the consol companies to put it on their networks, since it takes less space (I'm assumeing the more space a file is the more a dev will have to pay to have it hosted on their servers for DLC stuff I don't know) and I'm all for a game dev being able to save some money so they can do more, I'm all for that. And if saving space makes it worth the fact it's on the disk ready to go at the little thing unlocking the content that's been there since you bought it, then that's fine by me, personally I think it's a bit shady to me that they just happened to have time to make all this DLC stuff, and put it on the disk more or less ready to go. What really grinds my gears is when they advertise non-preorder bonus content that's going to be DLC BEFORE a games release.

That's my take on it, I personally think a company should put all they can manage into a game and release it with all of that they could put in there, and then work on seprate content down the line, if the down load's bigger? So what at least I don't personally feel riped off about it.
---
You know the feeling you get when you drink the laughter of children from a jeweled chalice while riding a unicorn though a field of rainbows?-Nikore GF on TESV
#26Ragnarok___Posted 1/6/2013 12:21:58 AM
EJW posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...

Just FYI, not EVERY apartment does this.
---
Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen he was #1!
#27jellybeanmasterPosted 1/6/2013 12:30:48 AM
No1 but CC2 can pull off 3D naruto. 2D on the other hand, yes CAPCOM get to work
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#28EJWPosted 1/6/2013 12:30:48 AM
Ragnarok___ posted...
Just FYI, not EVERY apartment does this.

No need to be nitpicky.
#29jellybeanmasterPosted 1/6/2013 12:44:21 AM
KizaruOfLight posted...
Here's what I don't get about the SFxT dlc hate. You still would have had to pay for all that dlc even if it wasnt on the disc. It would have been the same price. So what's the difference? The delivery method.

Having it on disc is easier for everyone. The consumer gets a smaller download size and can play with people who don't buy the dlc without Capcom having to shell out more money, time, and effort into a compatibility patch/update. Capcom pays less to Sony overall.

The fans complained themselves into getting a worse dlc situation. From now on, no one will put dlc on disc. So enjoy your 1 gig+ download for something that could have been as fast as 100 kb. Oh and guess what you're paying? The same price! Now with longer download times! Oh, but it's not on the disc so that's all that matters right? No matter what inconvenience comes with that, as long as it's off-disc it's all good! And now if its multiplayer, the dev has to spend more money and time rolling out a patch for it that they shouldn't have had to. It's so backwards. I'll never understand.

If u had the time to put them on the disk ready to go, then you Go charging me for it is BS. DLC like Arcade Edition that came out 2 years after the games release is real DLC; something they create as a request, thanks to the fans, or to shoot life back into the game. Not some under handed scheme to charge us 75$ bucks instead of 65. Day 1 DLC also pisses me off
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#30GoombacrusherPosted 1/6/2013 1:09:57 AM(edited)
If people are complaining about not enough content, good characters being left out, and not enough changes in sequels now, Capcom would be the worst possible choice for fans
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.