Character's Move

#1shadowclone20Posted 1/31/2013 8:15:26 AM
I don't know if there has been a topic created for my question already, but I have not been on here for while. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about whether the combos and ultimates of the playable characters will change from the previous game. For example, will Tsunade get any new combos? I'm would hate seeing the same moves just carried on into the next game.
#2KizaruOfLightPosted 1/31/2013 8:27:27 AM(edited)
No new combos, but that shouldn't come as a surprise. 95% of the cast hasn't done anything worth new combos and the ones they have work fine.

I wanna know what fighting game it was that put the idea in people's heads that entire movesets should be updated for every character in every iteration of the game. As far as I know, none have done that.
---
"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to my fists!"
"You were always a brother... Never an enemy."
#3laskalPosted 1/31/2013 8:53:55 AM
No new combos, but that shouldn't come as a surprise. 95% of the cast hasn't done anything worth new combos and the ones they have work fine.

I wanna know what fighting game it was that put the idea in people's heads that entire movesets should be updated for every character in every iteration of the game. As far as I know, none have done that.

Storm 2 revamped movesets of returning characters. But most people missed the point of that and now think, every new game has to have entirely new movesets, despite the fact that Ultimate Ninja games always copypasted most of the movesets from game to game as well...
---
Official Lightning's shorts of this board.
Official Selphie's panties of every board!!!
#4KizaruOfLightPosted 1/31/2013 9:00:25 AM
S1 to S2 was PTS to TS. There's not much to change from TS to TS, especially when the characters don't do anything new.
---
"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to my fists!"
"You were always a brother... Never an enemy."
#5laskalPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:07 AM(edited)
S1 to S2 was PTS to TS. There's not much to change from TS to TS, especially when the characters don't do anything new.

Yeah, the only reason Characters like Kakashi got new moveset, is because the nature of combos changed between games. Before, in Storm 1, it was almost strictly Taijutsu, with Ninjutsu only available for selection pre-battle.
In storm 2 hovewer they tried to combine all of the abilites in one moveset, without need for change, thus itachi now uses Katon and Crow Clone in combos, Kakashi uses Katon and Raikiri in combos, so on and so forth.
---
Official Lightning's shorts of this board.
Official Selphie's panties of every board!!!
#6TheSupremeOverlPosted 1/31/2013 1:38:27 PM
characters should only be updated if they have new moves or grow older