Substitution jutsu idea

#1WILD_CHARIZARDPosted 2/8/2013 6:05:40 PM
It seems to me, subbing just encourages the other person to chakra dash you to hell until you run out, thus effectively rendering this sub thing useless.

What I was thinking to change this, is to sub wherever you want. Hold the sub button and move a cursor around the map to where you want to sub to. I think it evens the playing field again. Something to counter balance this is make the sub bar replenish slower.

I'm not sure if this idea has been thought of before, but regardless I'd like to know your thoughts on it.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#2KizaruOfLightPosted 2/8/2013 6:07:34 PM
Lol what the heck? No. Not only would it break the flow of the game completely, it'd make running away way too easy.
---
"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to my fists!"
"You were always a brother... Never an enemy."
#3xGensingNinjaxPosted 2/8/2013 6:17:59 PM
WILD_CHARIZARD posted...
It seems to me, subbing just encourages the other person to chakra dash you to hell until you run out, thus effectively rendering this sub thing useless.

What I was thinking to change this, is to sub wherever you want. Hold the sub button and move a cursor around the map to where you want to sub to. I think it evens the playing field again. Something to counter balance this is make the sub bar replenish slower.

I'm not sure if this idea has been thought of before, but regardless I'd like to know your thoughts on it.

no
---
Currently Playing: DmC, P4Golden, Borderlands 2
SASUKE do the hokey pokey!!!!
#4WILD_CHARIZARD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:23:49 PM
KizaruOfLight posted...
Lol what the heck? No. Not only would it break the flow of the game completely, it'd make running away way too easy.

I disagree with that. I don't think it'd break the flow, it'd just kind of.. reset things. Now they've used up a bar, and now you have to decide how you approach each other and whether or not it's worth it to use up that bar.

Perhaps a better way to balance this is to only have 4 subs per match. But I dunno, maybe I'm just a nutty professor.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#5RemixV4Posted 2/8/2013 7:53:42 PM
So what, you just remain off screen until you decide where to pop back onto the field?
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#6WILD_CHARIZARD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:59:45 PM
RemixV4 posted...
So what, you just remain off screen until you decide where to pop back onto the field?

For a few seconds.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#7KizaruOfLightPosted 2/8/2013 8:10:18 PM
That is a complete break of the flow of combat and would make the overall gameplay a lot less smooth. This isn't a RTS. This is one of the most fluid fighting games out there. Your sub system would mess it up.
---
"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to my fists!"
"You were always a brother... Never an enemy."
#8MrcTOtheJPosted 2/8/2013 8:18:34 PM
Yeah not like that cursor thing.

Maybe when you sub you can press a direction Left/Right will sub beside them then up/down will be behind them and further back from where you are respectively, doing it neutral is basically what it does now.

I have to agree taking the player out of the match long enough for them to chose a spot on the map for something as short as say 3 seconds is way to long in this game. Or hell any game for that matter.
---
Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5 (Offline) Mass Effect 2 (PS3 5th run) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: Skyrim PS3 DLC starting 2/12, Naruto UNS3, GTAV
#9WILD_CHARIZARD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:21:30 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Yeah not like that cursor thing.

Maybe when you sub you can press a direction Left/Right will sub beside them then up/down will be behind them and further back from where you are respectively, doing it neutral is basically what it does now.

I have to agree taking the player out of the match long enough for them to chose a spot on the map for something as short as say 3 seconds is way to long in this game. Or hell any game for that matter.

I think that may be a better idea. Just something to where they can't chakra dash you into the ground.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#10Moe_Lester_13Posted 2/8/2013 9:17:10 PM
Substitution should definately be dependant on directional input.

Hold the stick backwards while subbing and you sub far back from the opponent. Not a whole screen, but a distance where you are safe from supports/cancels etc

Hold the stick forwards and you sub behind opponent, but only a mid distance.

Neutral could just be you sub behind the opponent, except on the ground so that there is no delay where you have to drop back to the ground
---
Official Tobi of all Naruto boards- "I'll show you the truth!!"
--Sazh > Tobi > everything else > Yuji Kaido--