Why is this game getting released in english before japanese?

#11WingedRegentPosted 2/16/2013 3:12:10 AM
I think it's probably because, in Japan, there's more to spoil. The anime is JUST right there so to speak in regards to the War Arc and the timing, whereas in the US, we're only now getting to the Pain Invasion I believe, so spoiling anything in the US is more meaningless simply because, if they wished to avoid the spoilers, we'd be waiting several years to even get this far.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#12TheEpyonPosted 2/16/2013 3:12:35 AM
Sierra-G719 posted...
Release dates alternate. We got Storm 2 first, JPN got Gen first and now we get Storm 3 first

This. In fact It came out like a month earlier. My Japanese Copy is the only one I own xD. By the time it came out in the US I was already sick of it lol.

But if the Japanese REALLY want it they could just import it. Ps3 isnt region locked soooo...and you have a choice between english and Japanese anyway..soo xDD
---
There are two Mobile Suits that could turn humans into the Ultimate Weapon, the Wing Zero, & The Epyon.
#13tsunadesamaPosted 2/16/2013 5:52:31 AM
WingedRegent posted...
I think it's probably because, in Japan, there's more to spoil. The anime is JUST right there so to speak in regards to the War Arc and the timing, whereas in the US, we're only now getting to the Pain Invasion I believe, so spoiling anything in the US is more meaningless simply because, if they wished to avoid the spoilers, we'd be waiting several years to even get this far.

Basically this !

I cannot believe we had to wait till the second page of the topic for someone to post the right answer.
#14HelbanPosted 2/16/2013 6:12:20 AM
We're guinea pigs for the Japanese; being used to test the gamefor bugs and other issues in order to avoid any hassle so the Japanese launch will be perfect (no fear of game patching).
#15EJWPosted 2/16/2013 6:27:32 AM
Helban posted...
We're guinea pigs for the Japanese; being used to test the gamefor bugs and other issues in order to avoid any hassle so the Japanese launch will be perfect (no fear of game patching).

They're going to need more than a month to do that.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.