New Screenshots + New Scan!

#21Adamant_ShadowPosted 2/17/2013 8:48:35 AM
Kushina available as a support character...

Don't hear me complaining.
---
~/.-'-.\~
#22KizaruOfLightPosted 2/17/2013 8:53:51 AM
Kushina as boss battle support only, I can accept. I don't see why people are thinking she's playable in vs because of it. Could we play as Gamabunta or Katsuyu in S1? Could we play as gramps and grannie frog in S2? This doesn't change much, infact it's what everyone expected.
---
"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to my fists!"
"You were always a brother... Never an enemy."
#23StaticnovaPosted 2/17/2013 9:05:26 AM(edited)
reptyle101 posted...
The story mode team is probably completely different to the character team. It usually is in fighting games, some games even have the story mode outsourced (SCV's story was done by CC2 for example).

Yeah, it's like this for most games. Studios have different people for different jobs. The guys worrying about online, be it networking, character balancing, or gameplay (even though gameplay is more of an "across the board" kinda area), are likely different to the guys worrying about narrative and dialogue and such.

In fact, fighting games usually have it the easiest because the only environments that need modelling are the stages and maybe some cutscenes, but this is a special case because we a have a full free-roam story mode. Even still, this would be none of the gameplay guys' business.
---
Awaiting: The Last of Us, Naruto: UNS3, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, Bioshock: Infinite
Playing: Black Ops 2
#24KizaruOfLightPosted 2/17/2013 8:59:15 AM
Also, checked the SI link just to lol (and not in a good way) at the awkwardly placed watermarks. Hey, should we put this watermark in the bottom corner where it won't get in the way of the actual image in the center? Nah, let's put it right in the middle of Naruto's rasengan! Or on a character in the middle of the picture! Genius!

/sarcasm
---
"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to my fists!"
"You were always a brother... Never an enemy."
#25RagirothPosted 2/17/2013 9:10:23 AM
Wait CC2 made the story mode for SCV? Jeez, why was it so bad then? Though that may explain why there were barely any other characters to play as. -_____-

Can't say I really care about Kushina being playable, support, or whatever. But my god, they spoil parts of the story mode for us instead of showing us gameplay for the Edo Kages, Edo Nagato, Edo Itachi, or Rinnegan Tobi. ****ing stupid CC2.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#26GoldLigerPosted 2/17/2013 9:19:10 AM
Ragiroth posted...
Wait CC2 made the story mode for SCV? Jeez, why was it so bad then? Though that may explain why there were barely any other characters to play as. -_____-

Can't say I really care about Kushina being playable, support, or whatever. But my god, they spoil parts of the story mode for us instead of showing us gameplay for the Edo Kages, Edo Nagato, Edo Itachi, or Rinnegan Tobi. ****ing stupid CC2.

The fact that CC2 spoiled this chapter and not chapter 1 or 2 is something I can't really get my head around. Why show us that we can use Kushina as a Story mode free roam only character and a support during a boss fight? We knew Kushina was a part of the chapter but we didn't know CC2 made her playable. What I want to know is why specifically that chapter then any other ones?
#27BSerenityPosted 2/17/2013 9:21:31 AM
GoldLiger posted...
Ragiroth posted...

The fact that CC2 spoiled this chapter and not chapter 1 or 2 is something I can't really get my head around. Why show us that we can use Kushina as a Story mode free roam only character and a support during a boss fight? We knew Kushina was a part of the chapter but we didn't know CC2 made her playable. What I want to know is why specifically that chapter then any other ones?

Like in the other topic... You are reading way to much into this...
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#28GoldLigerPosted 2/17/2013 9:34:52 AM
BSerenity posted...
GoldLiger posted...
Ragiroth posted...

And your not looking underneath the underneath. CC2 is a fan of the Naruto series(why else is the Storm series so epic)and like any fan they will use the same tactics we see in the manga/anime in real life. Hide the truth within the truth then surprise us when we least expect it. Right now we confirm no Part 1 characters,G/S Bros,Swordsmen,Sound 4 and any filler material that was shown in the anime. We confirm that everything else about the War uptil chapter 573(with fragments going futher). We confirm all our expected characters. Now all that is left is the 4 hidden characters that CC2 is going to let us the fans find out for ourselves. Lets see who unexpected characters do we know that can fill in those four slots.
#29reptyle101Posted 2/17/2013 9:36:12 AM
SCV's problem is it was like you were only playing Pat and Pyrrha's story modes. If you think of it as their story it's pretty good (Tira was an amazing villain) but it felt to me like there was meant to be separate stories to play for the other characters only they ran out of time and just kept in the main one (which wouldn't be surprising given how short SCV's development time was).

Natsu and Leixia have their own completely separate story going on for example, Taki went missing, Leixia is searching for something and Natsu is her bodyguard. How did they meet the other two? What about their adventure? It's likely the planned a lot more but dropped it due to time constraints.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing
#30Shinobiwolf3Posted 2/17/2013 9:44:15 AM
GoldLiger posted...
BSerenity posted...
GoldLiger posted...
Ragiroth posted...

And your not looking underneath the underneath. CC2 is a fan of the Naruto series(why else is the Storm series so epic)and like any fan they will use the same tactics we see in the manga/anime in real life. Hide the truth within the truth then surprise us when we least expect it. Right now we confirm no Part 1 characters,G/S Bros,Swordsmen,Sound 4 and any filler material that was shown in the anime. We confirm that everything else about the War uptil chapter 573(with fragments going futher). We confirm all our expected characters. Now all that is left is the 4 hidden characters that CC2 is going to let us the fans find out for ourselves. Lets see who unexpected characters do we know that can fill in those four slots.

Like in your other post you are only assuming... Nothing has been confirmed as to these characters being playable or not. Same with kushina or any other characters that haven't been officially announced. You are looking way into things and it's bringing confusion to other people.
---
Batman was here, then I blinked and he was gone [this message was approved by Batman]