CC2 pulled a Takara Tomy TROLL

#21HerugrimPosted 3/3/2013 4:49:30 AM
goodlyoak posted...
Actually they had about 2 or 3 years iirc, but I agree about the pts characters. They didn't take anybody's spot if they weren't in the game we'd just end up with less characters.

Let's see:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations: February 23, 2012
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: March 5, 2013

Same company worked on both, CC2. It wasn't developed by a third party. So let me as you;

What color is the sky in your world?
---
check out my collection! "Ham! I love ham!"
#22SSBM PichuPosted 3/3/2013 4:52:15 AM
I love how it took several games to add Ino back into the roster. That was ridiculous.
---
-Won't change this sig until Sengoku Basara characters are in a Capcom fighting game. Sengoku Basara X doesn't count.- (October 2012)
#23goodlyoakPosted 3/3/2013 5:03:29 AM(edited)
Herugrim posted...
goodlyoak posted...
Actually they had about 2 or 3 years iirc, but I agree about the pts characters. They didn't take anybody's spot if they weren't in the game we'd just end up with less characters.

Let's see:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations: February 23, 2012
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: March 5, 2013

Same company worked on both, CC2. It wasn't developed by a third party. So let me as you;

What color is the sky in your world?

Umm.....you do know they were working on storm 3 before gens right?
Oh and here's a link http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/naruto-storm-3-new-interview-reveals-2-5-years-worth-of-work/
So how does your words taste?
#24calhoun1389Posted 3/3/2013 5:08:55 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
Crow was a seperate character in that game too, but they also appeared with their counterparts when selected.

Also, I like what the Tomy games did with their roster, much better than here. You get the characters relevant to the arcs the Story Mode covered and no one else. Would have been much better than having the Part I characters replace the Kage and Gold & Silver Bros.

Part 1 characters had nothing to do with that, they were already in the game. All they did was not remove them.

We didn't get EdoKage and KinGin because we got WarTobi and Madara, and boss fights to go with them. We didn't get the other six swordsmen because we got the six Jinchuriki.

CC2 only had one year to make this. They didn't have enough time to do everything, so they went with what fans asked for most.

See, the thing about that is that, for the PTS characters to already be in the game, then CC2 had to have just taken Generations' roster, altered it and threw it in a game with UNS3's story. This would mean that they half-assed the removal of the youth characters.

Additionally, the Edo Kages have everything needed already in the game (since their "boss battles" are literally just Vs battles), but CC2 decided to not put in the coding to make them playable. The remaining just needed Ultimates and awakenings animated and implemented.
---
The thing about speculation is that it makes a spec out of you and some guy name Lation.. which has nothing to do with me. - Gregory House M.D.
#25HerugrimPosted 3/3/2013 7:36:35 AM
goodlyoak posted...
Umm.....you do know they were working on storm 3 before gens right?
Oh and here's a link http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/naruto-storm-3-new-interview-reveals-2-5-years-worth-of-work/
So how does your words taste?

Ah yes, SaiyanIsland, an infallible source of information that never mistranslates anything! It's not like they told us there would be no Part 1 characters or anything!

And CC2 must have meant that Generations was part of building for Storm 3. It runs on the Generations game engine, modified. They literally built Storm 3 on Generations. Same combat mechanics, same character models, same animations, same audio files. The only reason the game is as big as it is, is because of Generations.

calhoun1389 posted...
See, the thing about that is that, for the PTS characters to already be in the game, then CC2 had to have just taken Generations' roster, altered it and threw it in a game with UNS3's story. This would mean that they half-assed the removal of the youth characters.

Additionally, the Edo Kages have everything needed already in the game (since their "boss battles" are literally just Vs battles), but CC2 decided to not put in the coding to make them playable. The remaining just needed Ultimates and awakenings animated and implemented.

One combo, and either no tilt or grab (can't remember which). And utlimates don't just fall out of the sky in development. It takes time to make them. These characters are only half done. Obviously they were still working on the EdoKage and ran out of time. They designed the new characters starting with the fanfavs and worked backward:

Madara - WarTobi - EdoKage - KinGin - Swordsmen

They didn't half-ass the removal of characters. It's as easy as deleting some code. Why they would delete the characters at all I do not know. It was a stupid move.
---
check out my collection! "Ham! I love ham!"
#26calhoun1389Posted 3/3/2013 11:59:22 AM
One combo, and either no tilt or grab (can't remember which). And utlimates don't just fall out of the sky in development. It takes time to make them. These characters are only half done.

Youtubers who have the game already outright told the public that the Edo Kages have Ultimates, Awakenings, Tilts, Grabs, and combos. They have everything, they just aren't playable for undisclosed reasons.

They didn't half-ass the removal of characters. It's as easy as deleting some code. Why they would delete the characters at all I do not know. It was a stupid move.

I'm still going to call it as being half-assed because they removed all but a random selection of Part I Ninja when they all should have been taken out.
---
The thing about speculation is that it makes a spec out of you and some guy name Lation.. which has nothing to do with me. - Gregory House M.D.
#27KiddDaBeautyPosted 3/4/2013 9:25:27 AM
Herugrim posted...

Good move if they want Storm 4 to sell. There may not be a great deal of characters left to add to Storm 4 at this point. Well, big name characters that is. Madara moves more sales than the 7 swordsmen do together, I'm pretty sure.
---
Everything that blooms will one day wither - Orochimaru
My dreams are of the past, and they'll remain so forever - Sasuke