So is UNS3 better than Generations?

#1WeAllAsked4ThisPosted 3/6/2013 1:02:05 AM
Let's say I've only played UNS2, and I want a new Naruto game. Should I go pick up Generations and save $20, or should I go with UNS3? I hear people say UNS3 was pretty disappointing, but is it still a step up from Generations? Also, do you think UNS3 will drain away all the online multiplayer community from Generations? After hearing all the hate this game is getting, I was leaning towards Generations, however I'm afraid the online in that game will be completely dead so I might just go ahead and get UNS3 if it means I'll at least have people to play against every once in a while.

What should I get?
---
http://i.imgur.com/OkjtyeO.gif
http://i.imgur.com/lkYzd31.gif
#2FidchelPosted 3/6/2013 1:04:16 AM
Definately not a disappointment in my book its my favorite of the set
---
Star force 3 fc: 4255 4381 2977
#3darkness1018Posted 3/6/2013 1:08:10 AM(edited)
Yes. I didnt care for Generations at all but i love UNS 2 and 3. I just liked the more adventure feel of the story mode rather then the just the boring sort of fighting game styled story mode of Generations. Get UNS 3, you wont regret it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#4DarkstaPosted 3/6/2013 1:06:17 AM
U could always do a search.

I really don't know if this is trolling or not. 3 is an amazing game. I've played them all and have been playing generations the last 2 weeks (probably logged a good 40+ hours total too). Generations is fun however 3 is the better game. It's more current with some fun new chars, some changes to Characters and much needed fixes.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#5kewldude475Posted 3/6/2013 1:10:52 AM
Best Naruto game in my opinion. Though I never played Ultimate Ninja 5 due to it not being released in the US.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#6WeAllAsked4This(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:22:29 AM
This is great to hear. I think I might actually get this game then. It's just that I've seen so many complainers that I started getting worried about buying it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OkjtyeO.gif
http://i.imgur.com/lkYzd31.gif
#7DarkstaPosted 3/6/2013 1:28:44 AM
Quote:This is great to hear. I think I might actually get this game then. It's just that I've seen so many complainers that I started getting worried about buying it.
@WeAllAsked4This

They complain because they misread a poster and thought certain characters were in the game playable. They then came up with things they thought were taken out of the game through watching bad gameplay.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#8shoinnPosted 3/6/2013 7:13:37 PM
WeAllAsked4This posted...
Let's say I've only played UNS2, and I want a new Naruto game. Should I go pick up Generations and save $20, or should I go with UNS3? I hear people say UNS3 was pretty disappointing, but is it still a step up from Generations? Also, do you think UNS3 will drain away all the online multiplayer community from Generations? After hearing all the hate this game is getting, I was leaning towards Generations, however I'm afraid the online in that game will be completely dead so I might just go ahead and get UNS3 if it means I'll at least have people to play against every once in a while.

What should I get?

First time on here so idk how to reply and all that without a quote but... IMO I like Gen. Better, Idc much for the story mode really because I can just watch the anime. The 100 million cut scenes and free roam don't quite do it for me but the cinematic button parts are extra fun like ninja blade was. I'm more use to Gens. Battle system tho when it comes to free battle. They took away continoous tilt and that's how I stringed a lot of combos was with different tilts. The new double jump throws me off so I find myself getting caught in wasted extra movements and I do air jitsu on complete accident because I'm so use to Gen. Once I get use to it I may like it but if you didn't play gen you'll like 3.

And Edo itachi amataratsu is the most OP thing I've seen so far. It follows you for like at least 3 - 5 seconds ...
#9shogunreaperPosted 3/6/2013 7:16:02 PM
if you didn't play generations then sure, it will have more new characters and overall the same story mode feel as storm 2.