Thoughts on next Storm/Ultimate Ninja

#1TheKyuubi00Posted 3/12/2013 4:30:13 AM
Just a thread for anyone to bring up ideas for what the may like in the next Ultimate Ninja game. I would personally like CC2 to take a different cell shaded approach to the graphics, but that's just me.
---
PSN - NatsuSekai
#2EHeroHaneKuriboPosted 3/12/2013 4:40:22 AM
Add a significant amount of characters. This one was incredibly lacking on new characters, especially if you own Generations. Not having characters who shone in this arc like the Edo Kages, Kinkaku/Ginkaku, Sasori-Puppet Kankuro and Sage Kabuto was just crap. They also took the lazy route on some characters alternate costumes, like how Hanzo and Madara lack non-Edo versions and Sasori and Kakuzu lack Edo versions.

I'd also love CHOOSABLE Jutsu, this seems so obvious, I can't believe Storm was the only one with it! Many characters lack important moves from their arsenal because they are limited to one Jutsu, it'd be much better if they returned to the old formula of multiple jutsu per character.

Higher balance is also necessary, but I feel we will never get this. I don't care if Karen wouldn't ever be able to take Nagato on in a fight, this is a GAME, not the manga, we should have proper balance like EVERY fighting game should. Balance should not be an issue in a fighting game, ever.

Story mode needs an overhaul too. Storm 3's story mode was absolute crap. It was a chore to get through; FAR too many and FAR too long cutscenes, a dull over-world. Its sad when Storm 1, which put the least amount of effort into story-mode beyond the epic bosses, has a more fondly memorable story The graphics were better in Storm 1 from what I remember too., I think they'd do well to return to that.
#3TheKyuubi00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 4:49:16 AM
I feel like if we had this in motion it would be unbelievably gorgeous. http://s2.n4g.com/media/11/newssi/80000/81733_0_org.jpg

I also agree with you that we should be able to select multiple jutsu! I just recently watched a fight in Storm 1 and the player was using Sasuke with his blue shirt, but with phoenix flower! I had completely forgot that he could use that in Storm 1.
---
PSN - NatsuSekai
#4SolidHaseoPosted 3/12/2013 4:51:19 AM
EHeroHaneKuribo posted...
Add a significant amount of characters. This one was incredibly lacking on new characters, especially if you own Generations. Not having characters who shone in this arc like the Edo Kages, Kinkaku/Ginkaku, Sasori-Puppet Kankuro and Sage Kabuto was just crap. They also took the lazy route on some characters alternate costumes, like how Hanzo and Madara lack non-Edo versions and Sasori and Kakuzu lack Edo versions.

I'd also love CHOOSABLE Jutsu, this seems so obvious, I can't believe Storm was the only one with it! Many characters lack important moves from their arsenal because they are limited to one Jutsu, it'd be much better if they returned to the old formula of multiple jutsu per character.

Higher balance is also necessary, but I feel we will never get this. I don't care if Karen wouldn't ever be able to take Nagato on in a fight, this is a GAME, not the manga, we should have proper balance like EVERY fighting game should. Balance should not be an issue in a fighting game, ever.

Story mode needs an overhaul too. Storm 3's story mode was absolute crap. It was a chore to get through; FAR too many and FAR too long cutscenes, a dull over-world. Its sad when Storm 1, which put the least amount of effort into story-mode beyond the epic bosses, has a more fondly memorable story The graphics were better in Storm 1 from what I remember too., I think they'd do well to return to that.

I wish they would just redo Storm 3, lack of Danzo boss battle, no Kin/Gin boss battle, Raikage and Clamkage should've been boss battles IMO, hell they could've made Nagato a boss battle too. Add freaking balance to the game, Multi-hit fast characters > Slow characters, new Ougis for some characters, remove CDC's (I would remove them). I would say add directional inputs for jutsus instead of choosing, hell same for Ougi's. Don't make situational techniques (as if I'm ever gonna hit someone with EMS Sasuke's ougi startup).....
---
R:63 is the best rule in the history of mankind!!!
#5bluexskyxnoisePosted 3/12/2013 5:08:46 AM
The next storm games story mode should be more like storm 1 with all the areas being explorable in full 3D, not just certain areas. Multiple jutsus is a no brainier as well as jutsu clashes, they were fun IMO. You should be given a chance to escape an ougi by input of a combination of buttons which are random and you only have a small window for the time input. Transitional segments should be added to stages and maybe they could add more destructive environments to the stages. Characters Jutsus should be more unique, eg, Kakashi should be able to copy one of his opponents jutsu for a short period of time. Characters with Byakugan should be able to disable characters abilities I they hit specific chakra flow points. Sai should be able to summon different beasts with his scrolls and use them as mounts for a set time. That's my two cents.
---
"We live amidst a silent storm, leaves us unsatisfied at best, fill your heart with what's important and be done with all the rest"
#6TheKyuubi00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 5:28:25 AM
I'm sure I can't be the only one that agrees with wanting the anime OST and sound effects. It would only make the Storm games that much more complete!
---
PSN - NatsuSekai