Casual Naruto fan, loved GNT and Ultimate Ninja on PS2...

#1Shadow1pscPosted 3/13/2013 1:02:08 PM
Long story short, wife and I want to get caught up with the Narutoverse, but there's too many episodes/manga chapters to make it practical for us in the grand scheme of things, so I was thinking of picking up UNS 1, 2 and 3, and just playing through those. I do know that UNS 3 was a little ahead of the manga, so the ending isn't cannon, but that would do fine for catching us up and we can dig back into the manga again and not feel so overwhelmed.

My real question here is, if we play 1-3's story modes, will it do a good job of capturing the core of the story until now? We've watched Naruto 1 before, all the way through, but I figure at such a cheap price it's worth the recap, but the wife stopped in shippuden pretty early, so I figure 2 is a must.

Thoughts and advice? Thanks!
---
Currently playing...
Fire Emblem: Awakening || Persona 3:FES || League of Legends || Guild Wars 2
#2SasukefirePosted 3/13/2013 1:03:34 PM
I do know that UNS 3 was a little ahead of the manga
Ahead of the anime. Manga already revealed who Tobi is, 10 Tails has been revived and 4 Hokages are back. Hashirama truly is the God of Shinobi.
---
These eyes see darkness clearly.
#3SasukefirePosted 3/13/2013 1:04:14 PM
And yes, get Storm 2 and Storm 3. Some fights are better than the anime and manga.
---
#4hollow-sasukePosted 3/13/2013 1:05:41 PM
Sasukefire posted...
Ahead of the anime. Manga already revealed who Tobi is, 10 Tails has been revived and 4 Hokages are back. Hashirama truly is the God of Shinobi.

You misspelled Rikudou Sennin
---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
#5Shadow1psc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:27:14 PM(edited)
Sasukefire posted...

I could have sworn I was told that the UNS3 ending was non-canon because the Manga wasn't there yet (because if the game has just released now, obviously it's development cycle was done far before that even). Like, I read the manga 2+ years ago and it was already known who Tobi is...
---
Currently playing...
Fire Emblem: Awakening || Persona 3:FES || League of Legends || Guild Wars 2
#6SasukefirePosted 3/13/2013 1:32:24 PM(edited)
Shadow1psc posted...
Sasukefire posted...

I could have sworn I was told that the UNS3 ending was non-canon because the Manga wasn't there yet (because if the game has just released now, obviously it's development cycle was done far before that even). Like, I read the manga 2+ years ago and it was already known who Tobi is...

Tobi's identity wasn't revealed til 2012. His real unmasking. He's not Madara Uchiha. He's Obito Uchiha.
---
#7Rikudo-PeinPosted 3/13/2013 1:43:12 PM(edited)
Sasukefire posted...
And yes, get Storm 2 and Storm 3. Some fights are better than the anime and manga.

This.

I'd say the games are a good way to go about it. Although there are quite a few differences..
---
PSN: theomm
"Chibaku Tensei!!"
#8MHGALEPosted 3/13/2013 1:38:57 PM
hollow-sasuke posted...
Sasukefire posted...

Is that guy being brought back through the edo tensei business?
---
Just call me Kyle :)
Year of the 3DS (<3)
#9element25Posted 3/13/2013 1:41:59 PM
Shadow1psc posted...
Sasukefire posted...

Not exactly, the Ending to Storm 3 is made up, The manga is past where this game ends and so it wouldn't spoil too much they basically made up their own ending for this game. It does go past the anime though. Basically I would say buy Storm 2 and then this game but just disregard the final 2 boss fights as they are pretty much made up (They did happen just not the way the game made it out to be)
#10SasukefirePosted 3/13/2013 1:43:14 PM
MHGALE posted...
hollow-sasuke posted...
Sasukefire posted...

Is that guy being brought back through the edo tensei business?

No. He means the Sage of Six Paths. First person to be called God of Shinobi.
Hashirama Senju and Hiruzen Sarutobi have also been called God of Shinobi.
---