Minato: has the fastest dash in the game

#1koga_wolf_demonPosted 3/17/2013 10:32:40 AM
and his IA action hits from damn near full screen, but his grab is sloooooooooooooow

I'd rather it be quick but his damage output be low.

Also still lol'ing @ the fact that Flying Raijin level 2 hits from full screen, even though it's slow as ****

Anyone give me tips on playing him? (Jonin Minato, cause that Ougi just oozes awesomeness)
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga
NSUNS3 Main: Neji Subs: KCM Naruto, Killer Bee(inb4lolanimegames)
#2Saito6689Posted 3/17/2013 10:38:46 AM
Minato is pretty cheap now.
His AI hits every time the ONLY way to avoid it is blocking. If you press L2 it hits you anyways.

Since i use Tenten his teleportation is impossible to deal with too.
A good Minato player is a 100% loss for me.

I avoid playing against him.
---
Tenten the last metalbender, master of all elements.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/938/masterofall.png
#3koga_wolf_demon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:42:18 AM
I'll keep that in mind. I know alot of scrubs just run away and try and spam that and his grab but I'll usually only do it unless the situation calls for it.

So..no solo combos into his Ougi or anything?
---
#4callme_thirteenPosted 3/17/2013 10:45:53 AM
Saito6689 posted...
His AI hits every time the ONLY way to avoid it is blocking. If you press L2 it hits you anyways.

You can c. Dash through it since it's considered a chakra shuriken. That's a way.
---
PSN: ichiRu132/Currently playing NUNS3, FF Xlll-2, Dead or Alive 5, & Bleach: SR
Passing your knowledge on to others is the only way the world can prosper.
#5Junta_JastPosted 3/17/2013 10:45:53 AM
He had an infinite combo in Gens, not sure if it still works though. Youtube is your friend on that
---
http://tinyurl.com/aencf6n ~ http://tinyurl.com/a6dnqur ~~ Aika
"Forty thousand brothers could not, with all their quantity of love, make up my sum."
#6KenshinX13Posted 3/17/2013 11:01:58 AM
koga_wolf_demon posted...
I'll keep that in mind. I know alot of scrubs just run away and try and spam that and his grab but I'll usually only do it unless the situation calls for it.

There is one fun combo i enjoy, but you have to do it when your opponent has no subs left or they'll get out of it the first chance they get.

First thing to say tho is learn his attack spacing as I call it, by measuring how long you can wait between button presses to initiate each attack in a combo you can minimize his input delay and plan a Ninja move cancel (pressing X and a direction on the control stick while comboing)

I use a team of minato, hinata, and naruto (the big happy family as i call it lol, don't kill me). Tho naruto isn't the imporant part. This combo uses minato's neutral combo string where he teleports circles around the opponent. On the FOURTH teleport, summon Hinata and ninja move cancel any direction away from them while quickly preparing an ultimate jutsu. If your timing is tight enough you'll hit them with his ultimate while hinata stuns them with her 64 palms guard.
---
Sometimes you've gotta fight for what you believe in without holding back to go forward.
PSN: Kira_Aotsuki
#7KenshinX13Posted 3/17/2013 11:05:10 AM
Sry for the double post, you mentioned solo combos, i misread that. well in singles you can use the same principle but the best one i've seen (and you can find it on youtube) still uses the ninja move cancel, but you have to do that after he throws his kunai during his neutral combo and do the ninja move BEFORE he does a teleport attack, this is very tight timing.
---
Sometimes you've gotta fight for what you believe in without holding back to go forward.
PSN: Kira_Aotsuki
#8feared4powerPosted 3/17/2013 11:06:31 AM
Saito6689 posted...

so if it kills its cheap
#9Saito6689Posted 3/17/2013 11:06:42 AM
callme_thirteen posted...
Saito6689 posted...

You can c. Dash through it since it's considered a chakra shuriken. That's a way.

If this is true you just gave me a pretty awesome clue.
---
Tenten the last metalbender, master of all elements.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/938/masterofall.png
#10koga_wolf_demon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:07:47 AM
KenshinX13 posted...
koga_wolf_demon posted...

There is one fun combo i enjoy, but you have to do it when your opponent has no subs left or they'll get out of it the first chance they get.

First thing to say tho is learn his attack spacing as I call it, by measuring how long you can wait between button presses to initiate each attack in a combo you can minimize his input delay and plan a Ninja move cancel (pressing X and a direction on the control stick while comboing)

I use a team of minato, hinata, and naruto (the big happy family as i call it lol, don't kill me). Tho naruto isn't the imporant part. This combo uses minato's neutral combo string where he teleports circles around the opponent. On the FOURTH teleport, summon Hinata and ninja move cancel any direction away from them while quickly preparing an ultimate jutsu. If your timing is tight enough you'll hit them with his ultimate while hinata stuns them with her 64 palms guard.

Huh, we actually had the same idea with that. I play Hinata on two of the other presets(KCM Naruto and Shippuden Neji) but with Minato I have Nagato. Guess I'll use her again.
---