How is everyone liking Naruto Ultimate Chakra Dash Substitution Storm 3?

#1BlackBeetleborgPosted 3/18/2013 4:31:51 PM
Instead of this being a joke topic, I'd like to tackle the main problem about this game. Every fight seems like a race to drain each other's substitutions, mixed with some chakra dashing. There's no real depth, and you're lucky to get your ultimate to hit, whether you've just barely intercepted a chakra dash, or just so happen to have drained your opponent of substitutions.

Everyone hops around tossing kunai and baiting substitutions, they pick Itachi or Sasuke for their awakenings, or Deidara just to be a prick. Hidan is used to support for his unstoppable rampage that follows you no matter where you go, which can either break your shield, or you know, cost you a substitution or two.

There's no real variety in players online, and I wish they could have made a different approach to substitutions in this game. All in all, great game for the sole purpose of using your favourite characters with flashy skills, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Does anyone else feel the same?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#2Poopcorn13Posted 3/18/2013 4:39:14 PM(edited)
BlackBeetleborg posted...
...great game for the sole purpose of using your favourite characters with flashy skills..

I'm pretty sure this is the only reason why the series is as popular as it is, not for the competitive online.

Which isn't bad, per se. You would be hard press to find another series that can top Ultimate Ninja Storm in that department. But if you're expecting a healthy, varied fighting system with little exploits, you'll have better luck elsewhere.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#3XxNathan13XxPosted 3/18/2013 4:38:39 PM
And, 2 was to see who could press the button faster or have a turbo controller.
---
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the best show I've ever seen.
Official Jiraiya of the NS:UNSG and NS:UNS3 board.
#4BlackBeetleborg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 4:40:54 PM
They should have kept substitutions and chakra dashing both using chakra.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#5DegalonPosted 3/18/2013 4:41:08 PM
I will be honest, i only buy this series because CC2 are the MASTERS of in-game animation. Most gorgeous visuals in any game or film, they are so freaking good at it.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#6Kira0987Posted 3/18/2013 4:41:21 PM
Yep. But soon there will be people coming into the topic to defend this mess of a game.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#7TheLastZweiPosted 3/18/2013 4:54:55 PM
It's not that bad of a game, but they could have fixed a few things. They kind of got lazy and copied and pasted. They should have added better ultimates and movesets. The only thing I love out of this game are the secret factors. xD
---
An Official Sakura Main of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
PSNID:iJoshyKun
#8goodlyoakPosted 3/18/2013 5:09:45 PM
They should have kept substitutions and chakra dashing both using chakra.

Nope, Hyugas would be to OPed if it went back to that.
#9zeldashoPosted 3/18/2013 5:11:42 PM
I actually like playing with Supports now, because it kind of eases up on the whole "Run out of subs and you die" rule.

Either way, its that type of game you just can't take seriously or you'll end up looking like a massive toolbag.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 3, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH Tri, Persona 4 Golden
#10chaoshadouPosted 3/18/2013 5:20:20 PM
Instead of this being a joke topic, I'd like to tackle the main problem about this game. Every fight seems like a race to drain each other's substitutions, mixed with some chakra dashing. There's no real depth, and you're lucky to get your ultimate to hit, whether you've just barely intercepted a chakra dash, or just so happen to have drained your opponent of substitutions.

Everyone hops around tossing kunai and baiting substitutions, they pick Itachi or Sasuke for their awakenings, or Deidara just to be a prick. Hidan is used to support for his unstoppable rampage that follows you no matter where you go, which can either break your shield, or you know, cost you a substitution or two.

There's no real variety in players online, and I wish they could have made a different approach to substitutions in this game. All in all, great game for the sole purpose of using your favourite characters with flashy skills, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Does anyone else feel the same?

This game has no depth but you want to go back to the way it was previously? No, I do not agree with you.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand