Was Sasuke ever really that bad?... *current manga spoilers*

#1JustSnillocPosted 4/15/2013 8:44:14 PM
Some people seem to think "oh Kishi totally decided out of nowhere to make Sasuke a good guy again"

I'm wanting to get to the bottom of this... First here are my issues with that

1.) Is Sasuke really a "good guy" now anyways?
2.) Was Sasuke really ever a "bad guy" to begin with?
2b.) if so what did he ever do that qualified him as a bad guy
3.) Is this really out of nowhere?
4.) What do you think about it all?

Here's what I think...

1.) Sasuke no longer wishes to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village, that was something that only existed after Tobi told him "the village made Itachi do it", so him not wanting to do that anymore has nothing to do with whether or not he's a good guy or a bad guy...

2.) Sasuke was consumed by hatred and desired nothing more than to kill his brother, after that he tried to annihilate the village for Itachi's sake, and after that he decided not to... Bad guy? I dunno, just seems like a guy with a few vendettas to me

3.) Not really, Before Itachi showed back up Sasuke was going to destroy the village but having run into his brother (who he already extracted his revenge upon) something moved in Sasuke's heart and he needed to talk to his brother. After meeting with his brother and everything Sasuke had run into a wall... Something had to give

4.) I think it works, I'm interested in what Sasuke actually plans to do now (after fighting in the current war of course)
---
~~~ The Lost King ~~~ http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
~~~~ 0====[[::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::x::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::}}====0 ~~~~
#2YomonachiPosted 4/15/2013 8:48:57 PM
JustSnilloc posted...
Some people seem to think "oh Kishi totally decided out of nowhere to make Sasuke a good guy again"

I hate when people say that. They don't realize that people can change dramatically. Sasuke was going off of hatred and false information. After hearing the truth and having all secrets revealed to him, he was able to adjust his path. It would be stupid to continue down one path after receiving such new info.
---
1st in the State (Again), 13th in the Nation :) SEN: Soruichi_Kitty
How is one to judge someone if secrets shroud the living?
#3nanoviper618Posted 4/15/2013 9:28:26 PM
I really hate it when someone asks questions like these. It won't matter how many things people will bring up on this board about what sasuke did that made him a bad guy there will be a bunch of responses about how sasuke didn't do anything bad and he was really helping everyone out. This topic won't go anywhere.
#4YomonachiPosted 4/15/2013 9:33:14 PM
nanoviper618 posted...
I really hate it when someone asks questions like these. It won't matter how many things people will bring up on this board about what sasuke did that made him a bad guy there will be a bunch of responses about how sasuke didn't do anything bad and he was really helping everyone out. This topic won't go anywhere.

True. But, TC may be the person to steer this topic somewhere. I'll give him a chance for now until this topic is hijacked.
---
1st in the State (Again), 13th in the Nation :) SEN: Soruichi_Kitty
How is one to judge someone if secrets shroud the living?
#5PhantomLaserPosted 4/15/2013 9:37:04 PM
I really don't think Sasuke is good now. Sure, he helping taking down the tentails, obito , and madara, but he's doing that because his brother loved the village. after the war, Sasuke will probably be a wandering ninja(those crimes). that way, naruto will still have to fight him to bring him back to the leaf village.

that's just my take on it though
---
No one shall defeat the PhantomLaser
#6XxNathan13XxPosted 4/15/2013 10:02:07 PM
PhantomLaser posted...
I really don't think Sasuke is good now. Sure, he helping taking down the tentails, obito , and madara, but he's doing that because his brother loved the village. after the war, Sasuke will probably be a wandering ninja(those crimes). that way, naruto will still have to fight him to bring him back to the leaf village.

that's just my take on it though

This. He'll probably go rouge if nothing really happens in the battle to convince him to stay.
---
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the best show I've ever seen.
Official Jiraiya of the NS:UNSG and NS:UNS3 board.
#7ThundermarsPosted 4/15/2013 10:39:16 PM
Well, he was considered an "international criminal" so if that doesn't say bad guy, I don't know what does.
#8RED_LINK1Posted 4/15/2013 10:43:44 PM
At first he wasn't bad. You know, killing Orochimaru wasn't really bad, and with Suigetsu he told him NO KILLING innocent people when they went for his sword. After he killed Itachi and such he turned evil. Murdering a ton of Samurai, Danzo, etc is the part where I don't see how anyone could ever forgive him. So yes, he did get "that bad".
#9nanoviper618Posted 4/15/2013 10:52:35 PM
Thundermars posted...
Well, he was considered an "international criminal" so if that doesn't say bad guy, I don't know what does.

Well apparently that doesn't matter anymore on here and in the manga.
1. Joined akatsuki
Sasuke lover response: that doesnt matter because he was on their side for his benefit.

2. Attacked killer bee, and attempted to capture him.
Sasuke lover response: well he didn't capture him so it's okay.

3. Raided the kage summit, killed numerous samurai, fought the Kage, made A chop his arm off, caused the death of the sixth hokage nominee(no matter how much you may hate him he was important).
Sasuke lover response: the samurai weren't important, the kage attacked him first -_- It wasn't sasuke fault that A chopped his arm off, I hated Danzo so he did me a favor.

4. Threatened to kill every person in the village.
Sasuke lover response: he said that While in the moment he didn't mean it.

5. Gave obito the eight tails chakra to summon the ten tails.
Sasuke liver response: I completely forgot about that.

The end results will be the same: everyone forgives sasuke no matter what he did.
#10ThundermarsPosted 4/15/2013 11:02:49 PM
nanoviper618 posted...
Thundermars posted...

Well apparently that doesn't matter anymore on here and in the manga.
1. Joined akatsuki
Sasuke lover response: that doesnt matter because he was on their side for his benefit.

2. Attacked killer bee, and attempted to capture him.
Sasuke lover response: well he didn't capture him so it's okay.

3. Raided the kage summit, killed numerous samurai, fought the Kage, made A chop his arm off, caused the death of the sixth hokage nominee(no matter how much you may hate him he was important).
Sasuke lover response: the samurai weren't important, the kage attacked him first -_- It wasn't sasuke fault that A chopped his arm off, I hated Danzo so he did me a favor.

4. Threatened to kill every person in the village.
Sasuke lover response: he said that While in the moment he didn't mean it.

5. Gave obito the eight tails chakra to summon the ten tails.
Sasuke liver response: I completely forgot about that.

The end results will be the same: everyone forgives sasuke no matter what he did.

Of course they'll forgive him. That's typical Kishi style. Watcha expect?