Ok seriously CC2, its time for...

#21TheEpyon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 9:53:02 PM
Moe_Lester_13 posted...
Well I have an engrish Accel 2, and while it is different, it got very boring, very quickly. No different than Storm.
The Adventure mode was great because of the mob battles, but again, they got really repetative.
The gameplay is rather shallow. Yes, I said it. There really isnt that much complexity to it. Not to mention the gamplay is very very sluggish and clunky.

Yes, while Storm really isnt that great, people really over hype the PS2 games. I have played them all. My opinion is just as valid as yours, and if they stuck with the 2D gameplay, I would have given up on Naruto. Some people actually prefer the Storm series. Hard to believe I know, but different people out there do actually exist.

And this is always the case, but the haters are always more vocal than the ones who like the game. You can say but majority of GameFAQS hates the Storm series. Well, good for you. You have found a gathering of people who share your OPINION. Please move on and let us enjoy the game we paid for.

One of these topics pops up every month or so.

/endrage

To each his own. But Storm is more Simple than any other Naruto fighter. Especially 3. Hell cc2 said themselves Storm 3 is a game where newcomers can go online & stand a chance. They went from trying to balance online gameplay to completely unbalancing it.

I don't overhype the ps2 games, I also think the GNT series is better than Storm. Visually Storm 3 is amazing, great job cc2, but gameplay wise...not so much.

I do like Instant Awakening but random characters have it and ones that don't have it that should. Awakening actions are nice but some of them are copycats like meis water dragon & others. Tobirama got nerfed he didn't it & other characters did.

I take back what I said earlier NH games are more balanced that Storm 3.

In Storm 3 ppl can eat your subs with cheap tactics, focus the match on ringing you out, kill you with full health when they go Bijuu in less than 5 game seconds, IA with certain characters and use IA as a Combo Cancel to string combos at the cost of nothing, use 2 Jutsus quicker by Going in & out of IA.

Storm is Rock Paper Scissors to me. Just a luck battle that looks flashy because of the amazing graphics.

But 3 combos gets old quick, I've seen every combo 1000 times by now and most ppl online only stick to one combo, especially rangers.

Anyway NH is all skill, Storm 3 is luck. I like the Naruto series as much as anybody else, but I don't have to like a game and think its the best simply because its the newest Naruto console fighter that has most recently come out. I was like all of you I checked for Storm 3 info everyday I was crazy excited to get the game i was checking the Internet everyday for info since it was announced, and when I finally got it, it was one of my biggest dissapointments. I had more faith in cc2. I was always backing them since Narutimate Hero 2, & Storm 3 completely changed my perspective on them. Back in their earlier days they made some great games now there whole company is about visuals. Much like Asuras Wrath & Storm 3.

But. Asuras Wrath was meant to be a button masher...so ill let that slide.
---
There are two Mobile Suits that could turn humans into the Ultimate Weapon, the Wing Zero, & The Epyon.
#22Moe_Lester_13Posted 4/17/2013 10:44:25 PM
Well its funny you refer to Storm as rock paper scissors, because the PS2 literally have those :P

Anyway, yes. To each their own. There are aspects about the old games I love, aspects that I hate. Same can be said about Storm. And I admit, I do enjoy the simplicity of Storm. Give them a few more games and they should have the system down. They seem to be learning with each game. (Though the direction of Storm 3 worries me)
---
Official Tobi of all Naruto boards- "I'll show you the truth!!"
--Sazh > Tobi > everything else > Yuji Kaido--
#23Ruebyy AndonadaPosted 4/18/2013 1:29:25 AM
How is Storm 3 any more or less unbalanced than 2 ? It's all the same in my book, they just change a couple things in the core and you learn how to work around it :x I look at Storm games like Smashbros for naruto in the aspect that once you learn how to really play then you can use just about anybody to beat just about anybody else. Some characters are obviously better than others but for the most part you can work out any shortcommings/differences.
---
GT/PSN- Shogunobi
#24TheEpyon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:42:00 AM
Ruebyy Andonada posted...
How is Storm 3 any more or less unbalanced than 2 ? It's all the same in my book, they just change a couple things in the core and you learn how to work around it :x I look at Storm games like Smashbros for naruto in the aspect that once you learn how to really play then you can use just about anybody to beat just about anybody else. Some characters are obviously better than others but for the most part you can work out any shortcommings/differences.

Gen was more balanced, not S2. S3 downgraded balance wise, & in ps2 games only Accel 2 had Rock Paper Scissors and that was dumb but in tourneys ppl let them tie, & also supports are not used, it has a great community, but its not online, but neither is SSBM & its still having tourneys to this day.
---
There are two Mobile Suits that could turn humans into the Ultimate Weapon, the Wing Zero, & The Epyon.
#25MasterNejiXPosted 4/18/2013 5:52:28 PM
Its funny how everybody just assumes that a new ultimate ninja/accel game would automatically be ballanced when its the same company making the games. I really dont understand. The way i see it, if this game is so unballanced then why trust the same exact ppl to make a ballanced game of the same genre? Ive played UN 1-4 and UNH 1-3 and i loved them. However, they all felt more or less like the storm series except in 2D. Im not a pro or anything but i think ppl praise the old gameplay way too much. The only real things it did better were the ultimates and the jutsu customization IMO. Subbing was still a mash fest and its still mash O to win with a few jutsu/ultimates thrown in.
---
PSN ID: emanbfresh10
#26pacot1993Posted 4/18/2013 9:48:30 PM
What so good about the 2D fighting again? Sure Storm3 isn't that balance, but at least the gameplay feels fluent. the 2D fighting was clunky and slow, and many characters have many broken awakening anyway. In fact, most of the gameplay in the 2D fighting revolve around subbing and then using supers and ougi, like that's balanced.
---
NSGNTS: 0088-9120-5610
SSBB: 0431-6568-0364
#27SasukefirePosted 4/19/2013 1:03:20 AM
pacot1993 posted...
What so good about the 2D fighting again? Sure Storm3 isn't that balance, but at least the gameplay feels fluent. the 2D fighting was clunky and slow, and many characters have many broken awakening anyway. In fact, most of the gameplay in the 2D fighting revolve around subbing and then using supers and ougi, like that's balanced.

See this post? A post of a square.
---
Sasuke is the worst Naruto character, yet he's the best.
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/942/35027994.jpg
#28TheEpyon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 1:26:27 PM
Sasukefire posted...
pacot1993 posted...

See this post? A post of a square.

Lol storm 3 has 3 ground & 1 air combos & easy sub system. Not to mention Awakenings are all broken on purpose so newcomers can beat veterans, Also 1 jutsu, 1 Ougi, 1 Grab. It's the least skilled game there is for a Naruto fighter. I would have said 2 or 3 but its limited to few characters. INstant awakenings are randomized, either make everyone who isn't a Giant Have Instant Awakening not just random people...A cut off portion of pts characters, why the select few just give us all the pts as well. What a waste of space I wouldn't mind if pts were in it if they included all of them but once again it seems like a Radom selection, even if they are for history mode.

Lets look at Accel 2

9 ground combos, 5 air combos, precise timed KNJ system where mashing does nothing for you, Ground & Air Grab, 2 Jutsus, Several Ougis, Go awakening by fulfilling certain conditions (Ex: TenTen would have to use enough ninja tools to go awakening, Neji would have to land a high combo, Itachi would just taunt its IA basically) jutsu clashes customizable jutsu, added characters instead of taking them away, like pts, & sound 4, as well as Anko, Shizune, Kurenai, & Hanabi, ect.. Whom most ppl still want in a Storm game to this day.

Anyway my point is look at the ps2s track record to ps3s. It's like cc2 got lazy with the gameplay, even if it is 3d they can do better than that.

And if they did make a new Accel or Hero game they would prob use Storms 3d models and use them with the 2d backgrounds.
---