So, is Storm 3 worse than Storm Generations (Gens being the best) or what?

#41MEGAzePosted 5/12/2013 6:36:39 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
MEGAze posted...
I don't care about the Gens/S3 battle, but Gens sure as hell ain't better than Storm 1.

When is the last time you've played the first Storm? Because I have it, and other than extended ultimates and clashing, I miss nothing.

A few weeks ago. My PS3 getting the YLOD is the only I'm not playing it over NUNS3 now.
---
Official Rui Saionji of GameFAQs.
#42Vector71Posted 5/12/2013 6:42:33 PM
SgtGalaxy posted...
No its just everyone whines too much

Gen was everything Storm 3 is... but worse

/Topic
#43Lock0nStrat0sPosted 5/12/2013 6:44:27 PM
From: Lock0nStrat0s | Posted: 5/12/2013 3:12:50 PM | #004
^http://i.imgur.com/tAhri.gif

---
Im'ma nice guy, I just like to keep it real.
#44TheLastZweiPosted 5/12/2013 7:32:02 PM
Lock0nStrat0s posted...
Gen is the winrar.

haha.
---
"The Official Zwei of the Gamefaqs Board."
http://goo.gl/harOI
#45TheEpyonPosted 5/12/2013 8:54:34 PM
Gens is better.

Bad idea bringing this up in a forum full of Naruto fanboys.

Fanboy logic = Most Current Game is the best ever!!!
---
There are two Mobile Suits that could turn humans into the Ultimate Weapon, the Wing Zero, & The Epyon.
#46technogeek29Posted 5/12/2013 8:54:48 PM
CammyStrike posted...
If I knew exactly when it would happen, I would not c.dash into their back. But I don't know when it will happen. Do you comprehend what I'm saying right now? There are RANDOM times when they have that 360 hitbox. How am I supposed to know when or not to c.dash into their back? I don't know, because it's RANDOM. That's why I have to just try. Do you understand now.

I know your pain read my Glitch topic to know about my Asuma problem. Sigh I have ran into less glitches in Gens, and another thing Nerfing only counts if you nerf the character. Not add a new ability which counteracts what you were trying to fix. *cough* MM, Kiba *cough*. At least in Gens there as only 3 characters that bugged me. Here I can make a list that goes to 10.
---
The Official Choji of the NUNS3 Boards
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5568/gfaqs.png
#47Llawliet25Posted 5/12/2013 9:01:34 PM
literally the only reason 3 is worth anything, is the new characters. gameplay is s*** and of course they gave the most OP characters a really OP way to abuse Awakening. The only reason I play 3 over Gens is Utakata and the other Jinchuriki. :3
---
Official Utakata of the Naruto Storm 3 Board
#48MEGAzePosted 5/12/2013 9:09:39 PM
Llawliet25 posted...
literally the only reason 3 is worth anything, is the new characters. gameplay is s*** and of course they gave the most OP characters a really OP way to abuse Awakening. The only reason I play 3 over Gens is Utakata and the other Jinchuriki. :3

Didn't Gens have a sub bar too? They both fail, as far as defense goes.
---
Official Rui Saionji of GameFAQs.
#49voidakenPosted 5/12/2013 10:21:55 PM
CammyStrike posted...
Good to know that it's MY fault for CC2 making combos randomly have 360 degree hitboxes. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

I don't need to face you, nor do I want to. From what I hear, all you guys do is use supports like Kimi and Edo Itachi and the optimal playstyle for any situation you encounter is to run away. I'd rather be simple and limiting and have fun than play like that.

I personally needed to call this one out to say you are misinformed big time. We use optimal playstyles, sure, but we don't use stock supports over and over and only use turtling (AKA what you call "running away") if it's a certain character's best strategy.

Anyway, I really did enjoy Gen and all, but I think it's still too early to call if Gen is better than Storm 3 or not. It took nearly a year to fully comprehend Gen, and there's still more in the woodworks to understand and really all that was learned were the broken glitches.
Storm 3 has only been out two months, and we are still discovering more and more about it as time goes on. Just let it simmer some more; a lot of this hate for the game stems from not quite understanding it yet, which is simply ignorant.
Half the fun is discovering the secrets!

I'm willing to have a fun debate over points and arguments developed over why one is better than the other; just so you know, though, I hold no side and will play Devil's advocate.
---
Arashiboards.net
#50IndigoIcePosted 5/13/2013 1:48:14 AM
Those were just opinions based on personal preference.

Imo, Storm 3 is way better than generation.

Generations are just story fillers, book-like and characters from Storm 1 & 2.

Storm 3 has characters from storm 1 & 2 + new characters, and open map stories.

Those who hate storm 1,2,3 are just lazy in open-map adventure mode.