Is there any shame in playing cheap against a cheap character/player?

#31SgtGalaxyPosted 5/16/2013 3:15:41 PM
Natsuki_Chan posted...
Now it depends.

Now I hate spammers, but the character shouldn't matter if they don't spam. As long as the person is playing FAIR with whatever character and I mean WHATEVER CHARACTER ( being Kiba and what not.) as long as they play fair don't go bashing their a** just because they are using a certain character and did nothing wrong that deserved the a** bashing.

Now if they Start spamming you, spam that mofo back into next week since they started it and deserve no mercy for being an a**.

So my answer is If they didn't spam and played fair while doing nothing wrong and you Spam and bash the crap out of them Just because they were a certain character, your a total jerk who bashed on a person who did nothing wrong and wasn't going to spam you.

But if they spam you first have a bashing, spamming field day.

that's how I feel about this.

Everything is fair online
---
GT:Fallen AtH
#32RyukSanPosted 5/16/2013 3:47:07 PM(edited)
SgtGalaxy posted...

This. I lol at this made up idea of "fair" people seem to police online with total strangers. Same thing I said about this definition of cheap...Ya idea of "unfair" is most of the time any strategy ya find annoying or any strategy thats results in you losing, yet any annoying strategy ya can abuse is skill. To be a "fair" player, you should choose characters that please your opponent, use strategies that accommodate your opponent(this means if your opponent dashes into a jutsu, you should never do it again because ofc its working), and in many cases let them win.

You can go online and find someone who spams dash combo over and over claim up and down thats skill....but have an opponent counter by using a jutsu over and over, then the jutsu spammer is the non skilled one. Both fighters can throw a random different action here and there, but the dash combo spammer will claim himself is the skilled one for dashing into a jutsu over and over and the jutsu spammer is not playing fair or cheap or fun(when clearly everyone doesnt share your delusional idea of fun).
#33FlameHAZE89Posted 5/17/2013 4:41:53 AM
RyukSan posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...

This. I lol at this made up idea of "fair" people seem to police online with total strangers. Same thing I said about this definition of cheap...Ya idea of "unfair" is most of the time any strategy ya find annoying or any strategy thats results in you losing, yet any annoying strategy ya can abuse is skill. To be a "fair" player, you should choose characters that please your opponent, use strategies that accommodate your opponent(this means if your opponent dashes into a jutsu, you should never do it again because ofc its working), and in many cases let them win.

You can go online and find someone who spams dash combo over and over claim up and down thats skill....but have an opponent counter by using a jutsu over and over, then the jutsu spammer is the non skilled one. Both fighters can throw a random different action here and there, but the dash combo spammer will claim himself is the skilled one for dashing into a jutsu over and over and the jutsu spammer is not playing fair or cheap or fun(when clearly everyone doesnt share your delusional idea of fun).

Not everyone shares your delusional idea of fair either. It goes both ways.
#34SgtGalaxyPosted 5/17/2013 4:53:13 AM
FlameHAZE89 posted...
RyukSan posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...

So what your saying that its unfair to use something you dont know how to beat
---
#35FlameHAZE89Posted 5/17/2013 5:19:12 AM
SgtGalaxy posted...
FlameHAZE89 posted...
RyukSan posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...

I'm saying that neither side of this argument is completely correct. The notion of fair and unfair is completely subjective.
#36SgtGalaxyPosted 5/17/2013 5:27:27 AM
FlameHAZE89 posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...
FlameHAZE89 posted...
RyukSan posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...

I'm saying that neither side of this argument is completely correct. The notion of fair and unfair is completely subjective.

What im saying is that no one is going to accommodate you online

Your idea of fair is completely delusional implying that "if I cant beat it dont use it"
---
#37FlameHAZE89Posted 5/17/2013 6:18:01 AM
SgtGalaxy posted...
FlameHAZE89 posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...
FlameHAZE89 posted...

SgtGalaxy posted...

What im saying is that no one is going to accommodate you online

Your idea of fair is completely delusional implying that "if I cant beat it dont use it"

My idea of fair is using EVERYTHING in a character's arsenal to win a battle, not simply relying on the one broken move it may happen to have. If you spam me or abuse the IA mechanic then yeah, I'll call you a cheap tryhard. That being said, I won't label it as unfair since I have access to the same tools. I just choose not to use them is all. :P
#38SgtGalaxyPosted 5/17/2013 6:45:28 AM
Why shouldn't a person use the best move for a character I mean wouldn't he be a fool NOT to use it a move that can handle most situations especially if the opponent dont know how to get by it

I mean if someone is beating you by just using one move what does that say about you, are you any more skilled then him?? if you are better than him you should be able to get around that move and win.

And I feel like people who say dont use a move are trying harder because the other person dont care what they use they just wanna play
---
#39FlameHAZE89Posted 5/17/2013 6:54:54 AM
SgtGalaxy posted...
Why shouldn't a person use the best move for a character I mean wouldn't he be a fool NOT to use it a move that can handle most situations especially if the opponent dont know how to get by it

I mean if someone is beating you by just using one move what does that say about you, are you any more skilled then him?? if you are better than him you should be able to get around that move and win.

And I feel like people who say dont use a move are trying harder because the other person dont care what they use they just wanna play

It says more about the game than the player. >_>
#40RED_LINK1Posted 5/19/2013 1:05:19 PM
If you use Minato and spam IA with kimmimaro support, or just use Kiba at all... I'll make the match as unenjoyable as I possibly can. Just saying.